"The panel found that Fix ingested ostarine by drinking from a water bottle, which contained a supplement mixture as well as ostarine that his father had prepared for himself but left in the family’s refrigerator. Fix explained he was unaware that his father had added ostarine to the supplement mixture."

Yeah, sure.

42 minutes ago, FriendlyCamper said:

Why is a 22yr old man who is coached by arguably one of the greatest of all time, still taking athletic advice from his father? 

Dad is the RTC coach! Has an official position.

Edited by AHamilton

1 hour ago, FriendlyCamper said:

Why is a 22yr old man who is coached by arguably one of the greatest of all time, still taking athletic advice from his father? 

well...

derek can be seen coaching overseas at UWW events...

do you know what that means?

do you know the certification you have to have to do that?

no?

5 hours ago, ugarte said:

Whether an ADA suspension affects his NCAA eligibility remains to be seen. I'm not sure that the NCAA can't impose supplemental discipline within their own jurisdiction.

This story has everything. An "accidental" ingestion during an out-of-competition period ... because it was being taken by his father ... who was recommended the product by an assistant coach at his school ... and he took it with a "wellness drink" that his mother sells through a multi-level marketing company. Wonderful.

It says it was a consent judgment so it sounds like a settlement to me. "Here is our story, we'll accept a year suspension and not fight as long as you don't go for two." The panel accepted the stipulated facts that the USADA and Fix agreed to. Smart lawyering because if he had to have that story evaluated in real time by hostile opposing counsel he could have wound up with as much as 4 years if the panel didn't believe him or his father. Chris Perry's twitter is locked and I don't think he wants to answer any questions either.

Per NCAA by-law 18.4.1.4.7 Non-NCAA Athletics Organization's Positive Drug Test

A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the WADA code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension. 

23 minutes ago, FriendlyCamper said:

And what was the end result of following the directions of mr. UWW certified? 

Well...

4X undefeated state champ...

junior world champ...

couple of other world medals... 

senior world team member...

and even more importantly, a 1 year suspension as opposed to a 4 year suspension...

19 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

as usual the most willfully ignorant position possible......LBJ has got to be a flat earther

You don’t know either...

you don’t just get to be in the corner at those events because it’s your son...

but...

keep being you sweetheart!

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why did you respond then?

I responded because you showed your ass like you always do...

whether or not you delete you being you is no concern of mine...

this is not difficult to understand... 

or maybe it is for you...

again...

no matter...

8 hours ago, LJB said:

do you know what that means?

do you know the certification you have to have to do that?

What does that mean? Thats supposed to mean something?

Also, I dont know what certification you need. Its not something you just sign up for and receive?

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Per NCAA by-law 18.4.1.4.7 Non-NCAA Athletics Organization's Positive Drug Test

A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the WADA code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension. 

Ah, someone with fact.  Thanks for the info.  

Just a thought, but maybe Derek needs to step away from his son's career for a bit.  I noticed it last year, that Daton seemed annoyed by his dad.  No proof that he gets annoyed by his dad, just an observation.  I think dad needs to let his kid fly on his own now, he has great coaching and likely doesn't need his dad constantly at his side. 

3 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

What does that mean? Thats supposed to mean something?

Also, I dont know what certification you need. Its not something you just sign up for and receive?

no, it is not...

you have to have a silver level certification...

you can look into that if you would like...

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

no, it is not...

you have to have a silver level certification...

you can look into that if you would like...

Nah... 

Figured you'd know since you brought it up...

Edited by Drake_Mallard

16 hours ago, Crotalus said:

That is correct. So he could not us a RS to preserve eligibility during his suspension. But if there is no additional NCAA sanctions and his suspension is up in early Feb, is there any reason he couldn't immediately be eligible to compete? I'm not real familiar with NCAA guidelines regarding this type of stuff.

I don't know that much about the regulations either, but would be good if he could come back in February. Hope his scholly isn't affected or anything.