Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ionel said:

I said nothing to suggest he is pushing supplements to wrestlers.  My point is if he is advising anyone to take a substance not approved for human consumption then he doesn't have the good judgment to be working at the university.  And moreover there is no reason he should be advising a wrestler's parent on anything.

Chris Perry deserves a chance to defend himself. If Perry is pushing stuff like that , yeah, it's a pretty bad look. BUT we don't know what happened, specifically, with regards to Chris. Consider it's possible Fix's daddy had symptoms that he thought supplements could help with (conceivable, the Mother in the house sells weird dietary stuff from the article above so the family clearly believes in super nutrition or whatever) he might've asked Chris, a well known high end athlete in the wrestling community if he'd heard of any supplements that might help. Perry may have seen Ostarine on the web site he recommended and mentioned it out of hand because it stuck in his mind or something. He could be completely innocent. WE don't know all the facts here and it would be imprudent to ruin a young coach's future over mistaken allegations. Again, if it's true that Chris is doing something underhanded he may deserve some sort of punishment up to and including dismissal, but at the least he should be given a chance to explain what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FriendlyCamper said:

Why is a 22yr old man who is coached by arguably one of the greatest of all time, still taking athletic advice from his father? 

Who ignores advice from his dad? My dad never wrestled a match in his life but he had valuable input into what I was doing on the mat at times. Sure, Dads may not be an ideal source of information on some things, but always at least show the courtesy and respect to listen to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Chris Perry deserves a chance to defend himself. If Perry is pushing stuff like that , yeah, it's a pretty bad look. BUT we don't know what happened, specifically, with regards to Chris. Consider it's possible Fix's daddy had symptoms that he thought supplements could help with (conceivable, the Mother in the house sells weird dietary stuff from the article above so the family clearly believes in super nutrition or whatever) he might've asked Chris, a well known high end athlete in the wrestling community if he'd heard of any supplements that might help. Perry may have seen Ostarine on the web site he recommended and mentioned it out of hand because it stuck in his mind or something. He could be completely innocent. WE don't know all the facts here and it would be imprudent to ruin a young coach's future over mistaken allegations. Again, if it's true that Chris is doing something underhanded he may deserve some sort of punishment up to and including dismissal, but at the least he should be given a chance to explain what happened. 

He went to a guy under 30 years old, with an Education major, for anti-aging advice.  Right.  More likely, he went to Perry because Perry knows how to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TobusRex said:

What surprises me though is that Ostarine is not approved of for human use, yet it's being openly marketed online? How the hell does that work? WebMD is uncertain about Ostarine's effects and such because so little testing has been done, apparently.

We have a multi billion dollar supplement/wellness industry that is almost entirely unregulated.  It’s wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jchapman said:

He went to a guy under 30 years old, with an Education major, for anti-aging advice.  Right.  More likely, he went to Perry because Perry knows how to get it.

I'm sure Perry does know his way around those sites. In fact I'd be surprised if nearly any strength/conditioning coach didn't frequent those sites on a frequent basis. Chris knowing his way around those sites doesn't surprise me in the slightest, nor that he might make a recommendation on something he saw on one of them. I'd be very shocked if our high level guys who wrestle well past their college graduation (guys like Dake, Taylor, Burroughs), especially, weren't ALL taking supplements of some kind and those supplements were probably on sites selling sketchy stuff like Ostarine. The entire health supplement industry is a cash cow and poorly regulated (and potentially dangerous). 

Chris should have a chance to explain himself before condemnation, is all I'm saying. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

We have a multi billion dollar supplement/wellness industry that is almost entirely unregulated.  It’s wild.

LOL, I literally said the same thing below!  :D Yeah, it's nuts. Reminds me of the famous snake-oil salesmen from the 1800s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

I dont disagree with you, but when I hear Chris Perry is encouraging that, I cant help but wonder just how prevalent this kind of stuff is in wrestling. Are we all naive to think its not?

Yes, you are naive if you think that college and higher athletes of all sports are not taking performance-enhancing supplements and drugs. Don't clutch your pearls too tight when I tell you that the US is one of, if not the, dirtiest country. However, the US is also currently on the scientific cutting edge which gives the opportunity to stay ahead of the rules long enough that we get to write them. This has been your hot take of the morning.

Edited by bnwtwg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Yes, you are naive if you think that college and higher athletes are taking performance-enhancing supplements and drugs. Don't clutch your pearls too tight when I tell you that the US is one of, if not the, dirtiest country. However, the US is also currently on the scientific cutting edge which gives the opportunity to stay ahead of the rules long enough that we get to write them. This has been your hot take of the morning.

Why are you so angry? Calling me a pearl clutcher for raising a question? Fact is we seldomly hear of PEDs in college wrestling. Out of 10 champs, Im guessing the majority of wrestling fans would say its absolutely not feasible that someone like Spencer Lee or Mark Hall or any of the others was taking PEDs. If I am so naive, so is every one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Why are you so angry? Calling me a pearl clutcher for raising a question? Fact is we seldomly hear of PEDs in college wrestling. Out of 10 champs, Im guessing the majority of wrestling fans would say its absolutely not feasible that someone like Spencer Lee or Mark Hall or any of the others was taking PEDs. If I am so naive, so is every one else.

I'm not angry...? And sure, if fans want to believe it's not feasible then that's fine but extremely naive. Behind closed doors most would admit what I said is true even if they won't say it out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I'm not angry...? And sure, if fans want to believe it's not feasible then that's fine but extremely naive. Behind closed doors most would admit what I said is true even if they won't say it out loud.

"Behind closed doors most would admit what I said is true even if they won't say it out loud." Pure speculation and opinion on your part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJB said:

all you have to do is look at the number of college wrestlers who have failed any administered test for anything in the last 10 years...

it is an intelligence test... not much more...

So you're saying Fix is not intelligent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

In hindsight, perhaps Derek White being called "The Cowboy Bulk Job" should have been a bit of a giveaway, lol.

Yeah, that does seem a little questionable, now. But I bet they tested the crap out of White. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Yes, you are naive if you think that college and higher athletes of all sports are not taking performance-enhancing supplements and drugs. Don't clutch your pearls too tight when I tell you that the US is one of, if not the, dirtiest country. However, the US is also currently on the scientific cutting edge which gives the opportunity to stay ahead of the rules long enough that we get to write them. This has been your hot take of the morning.

Zero chance the US is the worst IMO.  If the US could “stay ahead of the rules,” wouldn’t we see more of these 5+ year old positive tests that we see elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol, yeah ok, his dad. It's like I said about Taylor, I believe almost all these guys are on the juice. I don't begrudge them, but rye

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

But  David Taylor is out in the open about his juicing as are many in his social circle like his wife and even outer circle like Lauren Burroughs

Edited by portajohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...