34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Again I don't know if less believable as much as less intelligent, or just the simple fact that we all make mistakes.  I know my kids have accidentally taken a swig from my vodka drink that was sitting on the kitchen counter on more than one occasion.  Shame on me for leaving it there, shame on them for not asking first......but certainly believable.

Is your vodka drink approved for human consumption?  Are your kids Olympic level athletes?

Sure maybe it was a “mistake.”  But if we’re believing this story, he should probably be fired.

I mean, we can continue to split hairs over how old my kids are, whether or not vodka is approved for kids consumption, or whether or not my kids are Olympic level athletes.  The point is...it is not at all crazy for a parent to put a drink somewhere that maybe they shouldn't  leave accessible to their kid, yet it happens. It actually happens alot.  I think you all know that point, and have a hard time acknowledging that in reality its not at all that crazy, certainly stupid, and certainly doesn't make their story 100% believable or true (as I've said multiple times), just not at all that crazy.  I mean, we can continue breaking the comparison down to the fabric of what chances my children have in making the olympic games, or what their level of alcohol consumption is,  but it doesn't at all change the reality of the point I'm making. 

50 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Sure maybe it was a “mistake.”  But if we’re believing this story, he should probably be fired.

And that's fine.  But whether or not he should be fired is a totally different conversation than how crazy off the wall it sounds for a parent to leave a drink accessible that they probably shouldn't.

Who goes out to the garage, opens the refrigerator, and has "a gulp" of any concoction and then puts it back.  Because we are being told  "a gulp."  

I can get "a gulp" of vodka and tonic being more realistic.  A kid thinks they are sipping a soft drink and all of a sudden it burns a little differently and puts it down.

But someone having one of mom's superfood nutrition drinks usually drinks it until completion.  That's how it is with performance supplements.  You have the whole muscle milk drink, or creatine drink, or post workout supplement.  Athletes are generally going to down the entire supplement, I would imagine.  Keep in mind that it was mixed with mom's supplement, it wasn't water.

Also, I have been to the OTC (and Silver Coaches College).  They are adamant that athletes know what they put into their bodies.  Adamant. 

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Who goes out to the garage, opens the refrigerator, and has "a gulp" of any concoction and then puts it back.  Because we are being told  "a gulp."  

Just for accuracy sake, according to the report the father had brought the drink in the house and put it in the fridge without finishing it.  Daton came home, opened the fridge and took a swig.  Again, not saying it does or does not make the story any more or less true, just another thing that someone opening the fridge and taking a swig or two out of a drink and putting it back in the fridge is not at all uncommon.

Just now, Lurker said:

Just for accuracy sake, according to the report the father had brought the drink in the house and put it in the fridge without finishing it.  Daton came home, opened the fridge and took a swig.  Again, not saying it does or does not make the story any more or less true, just another thing that someone opening the fridge and taking a swig or two out of a drink and putting it back in the fridge is not at all uncommon.

You don't take a swig of mom's superfood drink.  You take a swig of water.

Really implausible.

like i said, the story sounds like a makeweight explanation that everyone involved is agreeing to accept for the purposes of settlement since he isn't fighting the year. i think the ADA "agreed" to accept the findings just like the panel "agreed" to defer to the deal. i think everyone knows what's up.

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I mean, we can continue to split hairs over how old my kids are, whether or not vodka is approved for kids consumption, or whether or not my kids are Olympic level athletes.  The point is...it is not at all crazy for a parent to put a drink somewhere that maybe they shouldn't  leave accessible to their kid, yet it happens. It actually happens alot.  I think you all know that point, and have a hard time acknowledging that in reality its not at all that crazy, certainly stupid, and certainly doesn't make their story 100% believable or true (as I've said multiple times), just not at all that crazy.  I mean, we can continue breaking the comparison down to the fabric of what chances my children have in making the olympic games, or what their level of alcohol consumption is,  but it doesn't at all change the reality of the point I'm making. 

I like how you changed my wording of “human” to “kids.”  This stuff is currently illegal for anyone, not just kids.  So the more I think about it, I don’t think alcohol is  comparable.  Maybe more like leaving your  pot brownies in the pantry (and living in a state where recreational marijuana is illegal).

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

You don't take a swig of mom's superfood drink.  You take a swig of water.

Really implausible.

Well like I said its all opinion and up to each individual on how they want to perceive.  But one fact is, you, as well as I,  have zero credibility when it comes knowing how anyone but yourself may or may not take a drink of something at any particular point in time.  So there's that...

This substance has also been popping up in more and more positive tests, including SEC football players and UFC fighters.  UFC fighters have been able to get their suspensions down to six months.

Daton usually wrestles at 133 but has looked very, very tough at a much lower weight...

Just now, 1032004 said:

I like how you changed my wording of “human” to “kids.”  This stuff is currently illegal for anyone, not just kids.  So the more I think about it, I don’t think alcohol is  comparable.  Maybe more like leaving your  pot brownies in the pantry (and living in a state where recreational marijuana is illegal).

and the brownie mix is Amway

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

I didn't change your wording, I stayed in the line of context which we were in instead of jumping, which was my kids and the accidental drinking of vodka.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Well like I said its all opinion and up to each individual on how they want to perceive.  But one fact is, you, as well as I,  have zero credibility when it comes knowing how anyone but yourself may or may not take a drink of something at any particular point in time.  So there's that...

But one fact I have is that I have been at the OTC and they tell athletes to be very cautious about anything they ingest. And I am sure that the coaches know this too.  So there's that...

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I've never done that.  I have never taken a drink (that someone else "prepared") out the the fridge, opened it up, and gulped it.  Maybe I am an outlier.

17 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

But one fact I have is that I have been at the OTC and they tell athletes to be very cautious about anything they ingest. And I am sure that the coaches know this too.  So there's that...

I've been there as well, worked there.  And I know they are very adamant about that information.

Again, I'm not trying to exonerate him,  none of us know what did or didn't happen.  Just saying that the idea that a parent left a drink accessible for a 'kid' who shouldn't have it, and said kid not realizing what was in it and taking a drink happens all....the.....time......  Big mistake, absolutely!  True story, who knows!  But the idea that that occurrence is just so completely out of the realm of possibility is not reality.  It's hyperbole  (in my opinion) for those that want it to be a BS story, for whatever their own individual reason is. 

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I've been there as well, worked there.  And I know they are very adamant about that information.

Again, I'm not trying to exonerate him,  none of us know what did or didn't happen.  Just saying that the idea that a parent left a drink accessible for a 'kid' who shouldn't have it, and said kid not realizing what was in it and taking a drink happens all....the.....time......  Big mistake, absolutely!  True story, who knows!  But the idea that that occurrence is just so completely out of the realm of possibility is not reality.  It's hyperbole for those that want it to be a BS story, for whatever their own individual reason is. 

I want our best rep in the Olympics, but my BS meter is going off.  Also, I am concerned that this has sullied Fix's rep.

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I want our best rep in the Olympics, but my BS meter is going off.  Also, I am concerned that this has sullied Fix's rep.

Again......not saying their story is true, just saying what they are claiming occurred (kid taking a drink out of something in the fridge) actually does occur quite often.  That's all.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I didn't change your wording, I stayed in the line of context which we were in instead of jumping, which was my kids and the accidental drinking of vodka.

But this isn’t alcohol that is legal for you to have, this is something he shouldn’t have in the first place, and in both his capacities as coach and father, should know that his son can’t have it so there should be no chance he “accidentally” ingests it.

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Again, I'm not trying to exonerate him,  none of us know what did or didn't happen.  Just saying that the idea that a parent left a drink accessible for a 'kid' who shouldn't have it, and said kid not realizing what was in it and taking a drink happens all....the.....time......  Big mistake, absolutely!  True story, who knows!  But the idea that that occurrence is just so completely out of the realm of possibility is not reality.  It's hyperbole for those that want it to be a BS story, for whatever their own individual reason is. 

No need to put “kids” in quotes.  Apparently Derek has younger kids as well, who presumably could have “accidentally” drank this stuff as well.

But I agree, we may never know for sure what truly happened...

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Zero chance the US is the worst IMO.  If the US could “stay ahead of the rules,” wouldn’t we see more of these 5+ year old positive tests that we see elsewhere?

I was alluding to the fact that the US provides significant funding to athletic science plus WADA, therefore developing and writing rules simultaneously while also knowing how to write the rules to avoid penalties in present and future.

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

But this isn’t alcohol that is legal for you to have, this is something he shouldn’t have in the first place, and in both his capacities as coach and father, should know that his son can’t have it so there should be no chance he “accidentally” ingests it.

No need to put “kids” in quotes.  Apparently Derek has younger kids as well, who presumably could have “accidentally” drank this stuff as well.

But I agree, we may never know for sure what truly happened...

Okay.  We've kind of reached the point of talking in circles and splitting more hairs.   I don't really have anything else to add.

Edited by Lurker

30 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I can get "a gulp" of vodka and tonic being more realistic.  A kid thinks they are sipping a soft drink and all of a sudden it burns a little differently and puts it down.

But someone having one of mom's superfood nutrition drinks usually drinks it until completion.  That's how it is with performance supplements.  You have the whole muscle milk drink, or creatine drink, or post workout supplement.  Athletes are generally going to down the entire supplement, I would imagine.  Keep in mind that it was mixed with mom's supplement, it wasn't water.

Also, I have been to the OTC (and Silver Coaches College).  They are adamant that athletes know what they put into their bodies.  Adamant. 

Well according to the report, no one went out to the garage, that bottle was mistakenly put/left in the kitchen fridge.  And sure if you thought it was water, took a gulp and found out it tasted like mom's supplement you would put it back in the fridge and find some non supplement water. The story is believable, whether true we don't know for sure but it is what has been accepted.

I still have a bigger problem with Chris & Derek given their positions than with Daton.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Well according to the report, no one went out to the garage, that bottle was mistakenly put/left in the kitchen fridge.  And sure if you thought it was water, took a gulp and found out it tasted like mom's supplement you would put it back in the fridge and find some non supplement water. The story is believable, whether true we don't know for sure but it is what has been accepted.

I still have a bigger problem with Chris & Derek given their positions than with Daton.

Believable?  No.  Possible? Sure, i guess.

Edited by VakAttack

The amount of naïveté on these boards is astounding. Personally, I believe his story, it lines up perfectly with what the results and doctors stated.

Sorry to break it to you all BUT most of your sports heroes, took something at least once in their lives. Just think about this for a moment, andro, what Sosa, McGwyer, and Bonds took...was sold at GNC up until the early 2000s. ANYONE could buy it. Anyone. And guess what?! Most did. Then, in the early age of the internet, you could still buy it online.

You can google any steroid you want, right now, and have it delivered to you home via FedEX or UPS and it will never be searched, only USPS does that.