9 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

The amount of naïveté on these boards is astounding. Personally, I believe his story, it lines up perfectly with what the results and doctors stated.

Sorry to break it to you all BUT most of your sports heroes, took something at least once in their lives. Just think about this for a moment, andro, what Sosa, McGwyer, and Bonds took...was sold at GNC up until the early 2000s. ANYONE could buy it. Anyone. And guess what?! Most did. Then, in the early age of the internet, you could still buy it online.

You can google any steroid you want, right now, and have it delivered to you home via FedEX or UPS and it will never be searched, only USPS does that.

I thought McGwire basically admitted to using actual steroids.

And pretty sure Sosa and Bonds have never admitted to anything

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

They were doing a lot more than andro! Bonds drug regimen detailed  in Game of Shadows had a little more than Flintstones vitamins in it!

And its amazing that they gave Team Fix a Mulligan when it became apparent that the ostarine wasn't from one of the substances that he admitted taking.

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Believable?  No.  Possible? Sure, i guess.

Well ... I was mostly speaking to the "gulp" and putting it back in the fridge being believable.  But regarding the whole story the evidence seems to point to a panel of some being able to find it believable and no evidence was presented indicating any other panel finding it unbelievable ... so ... based on said evidence and on that issue I rest my case. ybmv  ;)

BTW: is it true that Ostarine can double your vertical leap?

large960_blur-d86735ce6127d3572b8f19f615

52 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

So you are saying its likely (thats what more than plausible means to me) that the perfect steroid worked its way into Fix's system by accident. 

Not an accident, he took a drink of it, which assuming it was a normal dose in a 20 Oz bottle, would lead to the level in his system upon testing.

5 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Not an accident, he took a drink of it, which assuming it was a normal dose in a 20 Oz bottle, would lead to the level in his system upon testing.

So he did it on purpose, not an accident, you are saying he purposefully cheated?

I'm not trying to argue I'm really just trying to get your opinion straight.

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

So he did it on purpose, not an accident, you are saying he purposefully cheated?

No, as I’ve said three times now, he drank out of a bottle that was tainted. He did not know it was tainted. So yes, it was an accident he infested the substance. BUT my point, the levels of the substance in his system, is consistent with a diluted “swig” 3-4 oz of a 20 Oz mixture, as confirmed by the testimony of a medical doctor, and my own understanding of the testing and substance.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Again, sorry, I was rocking the littlest turd back to sleep. I took it “accidentally” as it just randomly showed up.

15 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

The amount of naïveté on these boards is astounding. Personally, I believe his story, it lines up perfectly with what the results and doctors stated.

Sorry to break it to you all BUT most of your sports heroes, took something at least once in their lives. Just think about this for a moment, andro, what Sosa, McGwyer, and Bonds took...was sold at GNC up until the early 2000s. ANYONE could buy it. Anyone. And guess what?! Most did. Then, in the early age of the internet, you could still buy it online.

Yeah I’m super confused by this post too.

I actually thought you were being sarcastic when you said you believed the story.

Why would people be naive if they didn’t believe the story?  I think most would argue if you DO believe the story 100% you’re probably naive...

Then combine that with your second paragraph basically saying “everybody has juiced,” and it certainly seems implied that you were thinking Daton did it on purpose...

Consider if you as a parent would accidentally leave an unmarked half of a PBJ or a cookie in the fridge if your kid had a deadly peanut allergy. Or cow's milk if he had a serious dairy allergy. The whole thing is implausible at best.

No one knows for certain except the Fix family.  What we do know is that he is a once convicted cheater at the minimum.   One more blip and he is working at the car wash.  He's a great freestyler when he opens up, so I hope this is the end of the family experimentation.  He could be good for 3 cycles if he pulls it together. 

Doesn't seem realistic that the father would be able to hold down an Olympic Training Center job as he has admitted to intentionally ingesting a banned PED.  That's pretty incongruous. 

The basic pharmacology looks promising.  If you take only the positives it sounds like a perfect drug.   The downsides include that this stuff can quickly put your liver out of action.  That could be anecdotal, luck of the draw.  Massive bodybuilding quantities >25 mg seem to act similar to a steroid and can cause the usual issues.  Caveat emptor. 

16 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yup. McGuire deliberately put the "Andro" bottle in his locker so reporters could see it and report on this legal "steroid" and not catch on to the fact that he was taking tons of real steroids provided by his bodybuilder brother.

1 hour ago, TFBJR said:

Consider if you as a parent would accidentally leave an unmarked half of a PBJ or a cookie in the fridge if your kid had a deadly peanut allergy. Or cow's milk if he had a serious dairy allergy. The whole thing is implausible at best.

No one knows for certain except the Fix family.  What we do know is that he is a once convicted cheater at the minimum.   One more blip and he is working at the car wash.  He's a great freestyler when he opens up, so I hope this is the end of the family experimentation.  He could be good for 3 cycles if he pulls it together. 

Doesn't seem realistic that the father would be able to hold down an Olympic Training Center job as he has admitted to intentionally ingesting a banned PED.  That's pretty incongruous. 

The basic pharmacology looks promising.  If you take only the positives it sounds like a perfect drug.   The downsides include that this stuff can quickly put your liver out of action.  That could be anecdotal, luck of the draw.  Massive bodybuilding quantities >25 mg seem to act similar to a steroid and can cause the usual issues.  Caveat emptor. 

Actually, one of the main advantages of SARMs over injectable steroids is that SARMs are taken orally and don't damage the liver.

16 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Actually, one of the main advantages of SARMs over injectable steroids is that SARMs are taken orally and don't damage the liver.

I thought anything oral was much tougher on the liver? (look at tylenol for instance... brutal on the liver)

40 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I thought anything oral was much tougher on the liver? (look at tylenol for instance... brutal on the liver)

Ok, this old biology and chemistry major will try to dust off his brain...

Oral steroids are very tough on the liver, as they pass through the liver before finding their way to target tissue.  Injectable steroids has a wide array of known side effects owing to the fact that they are not specific to one type of tissue.  Some of these unwanted effects include up-regulating liver protein sysnthesis and decreasing HDL cholesterol, both of which are secondarily bad for the liver.  SARMs are peptides, not steroids, and if taken oraly will not pass through the liver on their way to target tissue.  And, specific SARMs are selective for specific tissue, such as skeletal muscle.  They can avoid effects on the rest of the body.  This is why there is so much interest in them.

Edited by jchapman

18 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Oral steroids are very tough on the liver, as they pass through the liver before finding their way to target tissue.  Injectable steroids has a wide array of known side effects owing to the fact that they are not specific to one type of tissue.  Some of these unwanted effects include up-regulating liver protein sysnthesis and decreasing HDL cholesterol, both of which are secondarily bad for the liver.  SARMs are peptides, not steroids, and if taken oraly will not pass through the liver on their way to target tissue.  And, specific SARMs are selective for specific tissue, such as skeletal muscle.  They can avoid effects on the rest of the body.  This is why there is so much interest in them.

Thank you, sir.

Edited by AHamilton

34 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Stop showing off :D 

2 hours ago, MedicineMan said:

fix vertical

Holy Ostarine!

Given you are The MedicineMan can you show us what happens with double+ the doseage, say two or three gulps?  :)

Edited by ionel