Sign in to follow this  
LJB

BTS...

17 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

The Khinch-Yianni match is fire

This is kind of a lose-lose for Johnny D innit?

Khinch hasn't done much since he left 57 kegger in the way of top level results.  Keep in mind I am comparing those results to his Oly Gold.  He hasn't even won a Euro at 61 or 65 has he?

That said, he was rather tall for 57 so I doubt size will be an issue.

To me after he beat Bajrang and went essentially undefeated internationally (minus ZR/JM), this is a big hit if he loses this.

My opinion.

57 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Khinch hasn't done much since he left 57 kegger in the way of top level results.  Keep in mind I am comparing those results to his Oly Gold.  He hasn't even won a Euro at 61 or 65 has he?

To me after he beat Bajrang and went essentially undefeated internationally (minus ZR/JM), this is a big hit if he loses this.

My opinion.

It's an exhibition match at a time where mat time is hard to come by,  mat time with an Olympic Champ.  The only big hit he could possibly take is an injury.  The win/loss result of this match means absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

My opinion.

world bronze in 2017... lame...

second at euros last year... anyone can do that...

what a loser...

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It's an exhibition match at a time where mat time is hard to come by,  mat time with an Olympic Champ.  The only big hit he could possibly take is an injury.  The win/loss result of this match means absolutely nothing.

I agree. Other than risk of injury, what would a loss do to him? This isn't MMA/boxing where he could lose a chance at a belt. And he isn't going to mentally break down and lose all confidence if he loses. It's a great opportunity to see some high level competition.

11 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Yianni vs Khinch - Nice!

What about JB? Doesn't he have a big time winning streak at BTS? I lost track, but hasn't Burroughs been on every BTS card since 2010?  

Would love to see him there against Gazi.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I agree. Other than risk of injury, what would a loss do to him? This isn't MMA/boxing where he could lose a chance at a belt. And he isn't going to mentally break down and lose all confidence if he loses. It's a great opportunity to see some high level competition.

Obviously I agree on the mat time and all else you've both stated.

What I merely meant was there are other names, other pulls, that would have been a bigger draw and shown us where he is on the world stage, as far as legitimacy goes.  7 of the top 11 at 65 are Russians, as it were per "https://freestylewrestling.org/rankings/65-kg-rankings/" and Khinch isn't even listed.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Obviously I agree on the mat time and all else you've both stated.

What I merely meant was there are other names, other pulls, that would have been a bigger draw and shown us where he is on the world stage, as far as legitimacy goes.  7 of the top 11 at 65 are Russians, as it were per "https://freestylewrestling.org/rankings/65-kg-rankings/" and Khinch isn't even listed.

Has he not been competing and therefore not in the rankings because he's a bad bad man?

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

My opinion.

I actually think it's a win-win situation for Yianni.  If he beats Khinch, he has a win over an Olympic/world champ.  If he loses, it has no impact on his seeding for the Trials and he gets mat time with a an Olympic/world champ, as @Lurker pointed out above.  Best match on the card, imo.