Sign in to follow this  
LJB

BTS...

Just remember guys. If your son was good in elementary and you hang around college coaches. You’re an expert. 

But only when they can make vague or judgmental statements lol. 

While the little freak out and out of proportion reaction he’ll have is amusing (out of proportion if i wasn’t right at Least)

how did the Yianni match go. I had to take care of some things.

2 hours ago, IronChef said:

The mat is going to be so slippery. They refuse to learn their lesson.

Beat the Streets chooses the venue and made adjustments this year such as putting heaters under the mat and industrial fans blowing over the surface. Feedback from the athletes was all positive so I would say lessons were learned and applied!

3 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Beat the Streets chooses the venue and made adjustments this year such as putting heaters under the mat and industrial fans blowing over the surface. Feedback from the athletes was all positive so I would say lessons were learned and applied!

Don’t worry...

they will run out of things to whine about eventually...

right??????

Did they say why Vito didn't wrestle?   

Yianni looked big IMO.  Definitely looks like a 149 to me if he wrestles this year, although seems eligibility issues were brought up, maybe implying that all the college-eligible guys that wrestled are redshirting?

Also did Gross actually get points during this sequence?  I didn't realize reaching back and then grabbing an ankle with the other guy still behind you got you points in freestyle...

Edited by 1032004

Vito was injured...

they were throwing points up at furious pace in that match... quite a few were suspect at best... not sure I want to go back and watch that sloppy match again to go over what was correctly called or not...

6 hours ago, LJB said:

Vito was injured...

they were throwing points up at furious pace in that match... quite a few were suspect at best... not sure I want to go back and watch that sloppy match again to go over what was correctly called or not...

If you go to that twitter post it was just a 30 second clip...I guess it won’t play on the forum

9 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Based on appearances, Yanni's days at 141 are done. 

He's a 149 pounder who will drop to 65 KG internationally.  Basically follows the weight moves of Zain, Molinaro, Oliver, and others.  It makes sense. 

Confirmed that they weighed in at 68 kg (149.9 lbs) the day before. 

And Steveson weighed in at 272. Scary. Bigger, stronger, and still that quick.

Steveson weighed in at 272, holy cow!  He is so much shorter than his opponents that it shocks me he's that heavy - certainly didn't gain much if any "bad weight"

Gurus tell me more about Ampar, he was very impressive - gassed which is to be expected but he was in great physical shape and didn't look rusty at all (besides cardio) for a guy off for three years.  Is he living in the US now?  Saw Mike Grey in his corner...