Sign in to follow this  
LJB

BTS...

On 9/10/2020 at 1:23 PM, AnklePicker said:

Has he not been competing and therefore not in the rankings because he's a bad bad man?

Sorry to respond late.

Khinche has been competing but has not had the best results up at 65. His best win is over Akhmed Chakaev but that was over a year ago at the 2019 Euro Games. More recently, he lost to Ali Rahimzade at 2020 Euros in February. Prior to that, he lost to, Aliev (AZE), Musukaev (HUN), Bucur (ROU), and Kuular (RUS). 

So he has a couple losses to unranked guys and his only ranked win at 65 was to Chakaev. He was ranked like 12-13 but then lost to Aliev and Rahimzade in back to back competitions. Hope that provides a little context and is helpful!

14 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Beat the Streets chooses the venue and made adjustments this year such as putting heaters under the mat and industrial fans blowing over the surface. Feedback from the athletes was all positive so I would say lessons were learned and applied!

It was much better than I expected. Glad they figured it out and the athletes were happy.

4 hours ago, Gantry said:

Steveson weighed in at 272, holy cow!  He is so much shorter than his opponents that it shocks me he's that heavy - certainly didn't gain much if any "bad weight"

Gurus tell me more about Ampar, he was very impressive - gassed which is to be expected but he was in great physical shape and didn't look rusty at all (besides cardio) for a guy off for three years.  Is he living in the US now?  Saw Mike Grey in his corner...

I think he is training at Cornell.