Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

DT semifinal interview: "...I needed to collect my thoughts"

Anyone catch this after Taylor's semifinal pin of Yates? Kessenich was asking him about the injury time out, and Taylor seemed to insinuate he wasn't actually hurt, he just needed some time to think about how to deal with some of Yates' style quirks as a wrestler.

Initially I thought that Taylor had gotten his bell rung, but that's not what the interview seems to indicate. To be fair, it's hard to be fully articulate of your thoughts immediately after a competition like that. If Taylor was using the injury timeout as a strategy session, fair or foul?

Actually, I think his statement that "I needed to collect my thoughts" was fully consistent with being momentarily dazed and stunned after slamming the back of his head against the mat, which was clearly visible on the replay.

True, he could have said, "I got my bell rung," but the other thing that's going on is all these guys play it very close to the vest in terms of injuries/ailments, so as not to give any edge to their competition.

So, you had JO, after his semi, brushing off any questions about the obvious physical discomfort he was in, "It's nothing" in sum and substance.