IronChef

Another B1G school drops sports

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

And I think football is currently not allowed to give out partials.  Go with your 23 (or slightly more) aand allow partials just like most other men's sport.  

Vak shows a vicious side at times, lol. When he does I get a laugh out of it :D

33 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

When I first started posting on here I was much meaner, haha.  Age has mellowed me, but every now and then I'll come for headshuck's neck.  That's my boy.

Well sure ... but look at how he has aged and his username image ...how do you find his neck?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

;)

When I first started posting on here I was much meaner, haha.  Age has mellowed me, but every now and then I'll come for headshuck's neck.  That's my boy.

I was here earlier and saw your post. I spent some time thinking of a rebuttal and nothing came to me. So I slipped out the back door.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:24 AM, jchapman said:

What needs to happen (but never will) is one of the following two:

1)  Exempt Football from Title IX considerations

2)  Create Women's Football

Why should football get an exemption?  

Or simply reduce football scholarships #s to a reasonable level.

So I have some thoughts on this. Football is the NCAA sport with the highest percentage of first generation students across all three divisions (wrestling is 2nd). Many of these students would probably not go to college if not for the full scholarship they receive to play D1 football. There are a lot of former football players out there who had scholarships that radically altered the trajectory of their lives, and I don't know that reducing the chance for that to happen is worth it.

I don't know what the "right" number of football scholarships is, but it's not 23, like someone suggested. Wrestling could stand to go up, based on this argument, and I'm all for it.

58 minutes ago, IronChef said:

So I have some thoughts on this. Football is the NCAA sport with the highest percentage of first generation students across all three divisions (wrestling is 2nd). Many of these students would probably not go to college if not for the full scholarship they receive to play D1 football. There are a lot of former football players out there who had scholarships that radically altered the trajectory of their lives, and I don't know that reducing the chance for that to happen is worth it.

I don't know what the "right" number of football scholarships is, but it's not 23, like someone suggested. Wrestling could stand to go up, based on this argument, and I'm all for it.

Well if that is the reason then why don't we give them academic scholarships and keep them in the classroom where they can learn something that will help them be productive & contribute to society?  That would cost a lot less than the football full rides.

2 hours ago, 152lbs said:

Why should football get an exemption?  

Because it is the only sport with ~100 people on the roster.

So basically, any school with football that is in compliance with Title IX has to have like 3-5 more women's sports than men's.

Edited by 1032004