Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

This will be interesting to follow

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, LJB said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you...

but...

what is a “law” that is inherently unjust and ill informed?

It depends the degree to which it is unjust.  Disagreeing with a law doesn't justify somebody breaking it.  Maybe I think many states have marijuana laws that are unjust, but I wouldn't condone a giant event filled with wrestlers to light up in public in one of these states. I'd like to think our sport isn't filled with people who would act so disrespectfully to a community, and I don't see the value in having a thousand wrestling stream into a town that has enacted laws to protect their public health.   Is it that difficult to just hold events in locations that allow these types of gatherings? It really makes the entire sport look bad and selfish.  Imagine a bunch of people from outside your community visiting your town for a weekend and breaking your local laws that they find to be unjust-I don't think you'd like it (I sure wouldn't).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, red blades said:

119363111_176773273965531_6724178772024627203_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=HsJvxNY3ikIAX9I6sDK&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=b2f1424820d0fe0a65f3a3fba486f178&oe=5F822361

USA - 6.5 million positive cases...194k deaths.... 97% Survival Rate - contagious - ask ankle picker

Titanic 2,240 passengers positively on board...1,500 deaths...33% survival rate - not contagious - ask anklepicker

So....I have a better chance of surviving COVID than being on the Titanic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Idaho said:

USA - 6.5 million positive cases...194k deaths.... 97% Survival Rate - contagious - ask ankle picker

Titanic 2,240 passengers positively on board...1,500 deaths...33% survival rate - not contagious - ask anklepicker

So....I have a better chance of surviving COVID than being on the Titanic. 

You have a better chance of just about anything than being on the titanic unless you’ve met Doc Brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Idaho said:

USA - 6.5 million positive cases...194k deaths.... 97% Survival Rate - contagious - ask ankle picker

Titanic 2,240 passengers positively on board...1,500 deaths...33% survival rate - not contagious - ask anklepicker

So....I have a better chance of surviving COVID than being on the Titanic. 

Those positive case numbers include everyone. Why don’t you take away all of the 25 and under cases and deaths and then give us a percentage. Because I don’t know about you, but three out of every hundred aren’t exactly odds I’d like to play when it comes to my life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Those positive case numbers include everyone. Why don’t you take away all of the 25 and under cases and deaths and then give us a percentage. Because I don’t know about you, but three out of every hundred aren’t exactly odds I’d like to play when it comes to my life. 

don't go to the tourney... you won't be missed at any of them...

you missed expressing your outrage over the latest RMN that went on yesterday...

there is another big dual tourney in philly this weekend... get ready to express your outrage over it...

same for the AWA duals this coming weekend...

same for the 10 events on track this coming weekend...

add in the couple events Flo is broadcasting this coming weekend...

how about the multi state wrestling events held during the previous 3 months that you missed expressing your outrage over because you had no idea they went on without incident...

we can also discuss the events held at misano this weekend where they allowed 10K people a day through the gates...

mugello the same...

and that is in italy...

remember when the fear mongers used italy as their talking points?

anyway, you better get used to being super outraged till whenever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LJB said:

don't go to the tourney... you won't be missed at any of them...

you missed expressing your outrage over the latest RMN that went on yesterday...

there is another big dual tourney in philly this weekend... get ready to express your outrage over it...

same for the AWA duals this coming weekend...

same for the 10 events on track this coming weekend...

add in the couple events Flo is broadcasting this coming weekend...

how about the multi state wrestling events held during the previous 3 months that you missed expressing your outrage over because you had no idea they went on without incident...

we can also discuss the events held at misano this weekend where they allowed 10K people a day through the gates...

mugello the same...

and that is in italy...

remember when the fear mongers used italy as their talking points?

anyway, you better get used to being super outraged till whenever...

Justifying a tournament by listing other tournaments does zero to change my mind that they are a bad idea.  Will it take someone dying from getting this from one of these kids to change your mind?  Should we not be proactive in the midst of a pandemic when half these kids aren't even allowed in school?  

You list two races in Italy, what about Israel that is going into lockdown again?  Or France who had over 10k cases a day ago the most since their first lockdown.  No mention of those eh?

One of my wrestlers went to University of Maryland this year to wrestle.  He got covid and had some pretty bad symptoms as a healthy 19 year old according to him. 

A 3% death rate is fear mongering?  Again why don't you drop all of the 25 or unders from that group and then give us the death rate.  Reality isn't fear mongering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Those positive case numbers include everyone. Why don’t you take away all of the 25 and under cases and deaths and then give us a percentage. Because I don’t know about you, but three out of every hundred aren’t exactly odds I’d like to play when it comes to my life. 

Sissy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Justifying a tournament by listing other tournaments does zero to change my mind that they are a bad idea.  Will it take someone dying from getting this from one of these kids to change your mind?  Should we not be proactive in the midst of a pandemic when half these kids aren't even allowed in school?  

You list two races in Italy, what about Israel that is going into lockdown again?  Or France who had over 10k cases a day ago the most since their first lockdown.  No mention of those eh?

One of my wrestlers went to University of Maryland this year to wrestle.  He got covid and had some pretty bad symptoms as a healthy 19 year old according to him. 

A 3% death rate is fear mongering?  Again why don't you drop all of the 25 or unders from that group and then give us the death rate.  Reality isn't fear mongering.  

i was curious where your outrage was over all those other events and warning you to be prepared to be even furthered outraged...

that is all...

you have to work up to all this outrage...

you can't go full outrage right off the bat...

you could pull something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't keep track of the numbers nationwide or globally, but I do track the numbers for Illinois. I post them here so that at least we can debate those instead of opinions.

Illinois breaks down their data by age group. You can see the strong correlation between age and death rate in the last column. The death rate is below 1% through the 40's and then rises quickly. One thing to note that is not shown here is that the death rates for all age groups has been declining steadily. For example, the death rate for 80+ was as high as 31.48% in mid-July and now stands at 28.26%. I don't know if this is due to better treatments, mutation of the virus to a less deadly form, a combination of both, or some other reason.

 

9/9/2020                  
Age Group Confirmed Cases Confirmed in Last 7 Days Tested Tested in Last 7 Days Deaths Deaths in Last 7 Days Positive Rate Positivity Rate in Last 7 Days Death Rate
Unknown                           67                          6      201,394             9,708                 -                -   0.03% 0.06% 0.00%
<20                   30,133                  3,103      450,959           55,261                  6              -   6.68% 5.62% 0.02%
20 - 29                   50,327                  3,302      790,478           89,753                33              -   6.37% 3.68% 0.07%
30 - 39                   40,315                  1,835      651,839           48,778              125               1 6.18% 3.76% 0.31%
40 - 49                   40,286                  1,709      572,744           39,598              287               5 7.03% 4.32% 0.71%
50 - 59                   38,187                  1,753      622,762           41,686              662               6 6.13% 4.21% 1.73%
60 - 69                   25,855                  1,085      545,260           34,182          1,450             14 4.74% 3.17% 5.61%
70 - 79                   14,230                      582      344,681           20,529          1,962             24 4.13% 2.84% 13.79%
80+                   12,953                      335      298,593           19,342          3,661             45 4.34% 1.73% 28.26%
                   
Total                 252,353                13,710   4,478,710         358,837          8,186             95 5.63% 3.82% 3.24%
                   
                   
Age Group % All Confirmed % of New Confirmed % of All Tested   % of Deaths % of New Deaths      
<20 - 39 47.86% 60.10% 42.27%   2.00% 1.05%      
40 - 59 31.10% 25.25% 26.69%   11.59% 11.58%      
60 + 21.02% 14.60% 26.54%   86.40% 87.37%      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...