Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

Baschamania interview with Zahid Valencia

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3ENtYE5gTSNIAdSV0trtiI?si=D_u_SdCMTKq52I7OOI9noQ

I thought this exchange in the 29th minute was interesting:

Justin: And do you know yet when you can come back? Or is that still up in the air?

Zahid: Still up in the air. Talking with my coaches and lawyer. But I'm still in the grind, still training. We're still figuring out some things, but it should be very soon. 

Justin: So you definitely think you'll be at the trials then next year?

Zahid: Yeah, I do believe so. Closer to yes than no.

Justin: I appreciate your candor to discuss your suspension. We've all made mistakes, we've all fallen short. There is definitely grace to get back up again and keep pressing on. 

That seems to imply the suspension is not specific to ASU.

It was also interesting to hear him take ownership of whatever it was. He calls it "my mistake" and talks about thinking he was invincible off the mat because he felt invincible on the mat and how it humbled him. 

All in all he sounds like he will bounce back well.

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I wonder why that's the case with Zahid, but Anthony's never been popped.  You'd think it would be the other way around.

anthony hasn't done anything of note past the girl fight slap fest he tried on perry at the open in 16... why even bother testing him?

12 hours ago, LJB said:

anthony hasn't done anything of note past the girl fight slap fest he tried on perry at the open in 16... why even bother testing him?

Too bad he didn't ask Perry for advice on bulking up while keeping his weight down. Or maybe he did but Zahid keeps stealing his shakes?

Edited by wrestlingphish

On 9/13/2020 at 1:28 AM, wrestlingphish said:

Too bad he didn't ask Perry for advice on bulking up while keeping his weight down. Or maybe he did but Zahid keeps stealing his shakes? png to ico

Glad he did the interview considering things are still on motion, good on him. Can't expect him to say much about the suspension given that it's clearly still being worked on, can only hurt himself by saying too much publically.

Edited by luisaengel