Wrestlingfan25

Suriano decided to go 125 this year (inside source)

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So you did read.  It was the comprehension part that was the issue.  Thank you for clearing that up.

I comprehended just fine, despite your poor writing skills.  I just thought it was funny that we only have supposed confirmation that 2/3 were on creatine.

5 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Yeah.  Listen to the scientists, pal.

You act as if I'm making the claim that creatine killed these guys, as opposed to answering as to how it could have been a factor.  Even though that has already been explained to you. Take a look, with an open mind. You will find that I got my information directly from scientists. 

Maybe you're just looking to pull an argument out of something?  In which case I'm not interested.  Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You act as if I'm making the claim that creatine killed these guys, as opposed to answering as to how it could have been a factor.  Even though that has already been explained to you. Take a look, with an open mind. You will find that I got my information directly from scientists. 

Maybe you're just looking to pull an argument out of something?  In which case I'm not interested.  Have a nice day.

;)

Edited by AHamilton

On 9/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, 1032004 said:

That would be a heckuva 1-2-3 punch if true but kinda sucks for Aguilar who has already redshirted and maybe could have started as a true freshman if he didn’t redshirt.  Hopefully he doesn’t follow the trend of AA-caliber guys transferring out possibly in part due to the chance of having to be behind Suriano (Paetzell/Mackall).

I wouldn't mind seeing him transfer. To...oh..Oklahoma.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, Plasmodium said:

I can see Suriano wearing him down and winning a tight match. 

Suriano would have to stall his ass off to have a chance vs Lee or maybe go super aggressive Hulk mode. If I was wrestling Lee I'd straight up go upper body and try to gorilla him onto his back. Have to figure he's going to tilt you to death eventually if you don't end the match quick. Sometimes you can shock a superior wrestler like that.

Edited by TobusRex

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Suriano would have to stall his ass off to have a chance vs Lee or maybe go super aggressive Hulk mode. If I was wrestling Lee I'd straight up go upper body and try to gorilla him onto his back. Have to figure he's going to tilt you to death eventually if you don't end the match quick. Sometimes you can shock a superior wrestler like that.

This is an interesting take.  I think the conventional wisdom is that Lee sometimes wears down (legit point but I think it's not because he's out of shape but rather because unlike most guys who spar most of the first period he goes all out), so try to hang in there and then score late.  This strategy hasn't worked when it matters.  

Your point about taking it to the aggressor might be the better approach. Kind of like the inspired Herb Brooks beat the Russians at their own game idea.  

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Lee is actually really good upper body. He has a lot of cool judo throws that come from his parents influence. He talked about it in an interview a while back. Rayvon Foley basically tried this at Big Tens their freshman year. Lee hit a sweet double overhook throw with an inside leg reap and dropped him on his head.

First 10 seconds: https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6128679-125-lbs-quarterfinal-spencer-lee-iowa-vs-rayvon-foley-michigan-state

3 hours ago, drag it said:

This is an interesting take.  I think the conventional wisdom is that Lee sometimes wears down (legit point but I think it's not because he's out of shape but rather because unlike most guys who spar most of the first period he goes all out), so try to hang in there and then score late.  This strategy hasn't worked when it matters.  

Your point about taking it to the aggressor might be the better approach. Kind of like the inspired Herb Brooks beat the Russians at their own game idea.  

I think some might argue Rivera “stalled his ass off” in his victories over Lee.   He picked a few spots nicely, but otherwise seemed to be kinda backing up a bit.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think some might argue Rivera “stalled his ass off” in his victories over Lee.   He picked a few spots nicely, but otherwise seemed to be kinda backing up a bit.

text book folk technique...

13 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Lee is actually really good upper body. He has a lot of cool judo throws that come from his parents influence. He talked about it in an interview a while back. Rayvon Foley basically tried this at Big Tens their freshman year. Lee hit a sweet double overhook throw with an inside leg reap and dropped him on his head.

First 10 seconds: https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6128679-125-lbs-quarterfinal-spencer-lee-iowa-vs-rayvon-foley-michigan-state

I enjoyed that :D Got to hand it to Foley, he tried to take it to Lee. Loved that fireman's by Lee dumping Foley right to his back, too.

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

He said a factor.  The factor being that creatine works to hold water in your body's cells, more specifically in this context in the muscle's cells for enhanced recovery after training.  When you are dehydrating yourself, while also using creatine, you are basically creating a civil war in your body.

Nobody knows how much of a factor creatine was, maybe nothing more than the proverbial last straw, maybe more.  But that is where the conflict between two things you are doing to your body that are on opposite ends of a spectrum.

A Civil War within the body huh?

This is what is commonly referred to as “bro science”.

49 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

A Civil War within the body huh?

This is what is commonly referred to as “bro science”.

I'm not really familiar with the phrase "bro science".  But I am familiar with the phrase "figure of speech"  Come on man.

8 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I enjoyed that :D Got to hand it to Foley, he tried to take it to Lee. Loved that fireman's by Lee dumping Foley right to his back, too.

I'm a big Foley fan. He always goes out and scraps. Unfortunately, not the best strategy against Lee. He's found himself on his back quickly every time. It's always fun though!