Sign in to follow this  
Class

RBY 141

Good move for RBY, especially if Yianni moves up to 149 or takes an Olympic redshirt.  I would also assume that RBY has aspirations of making an Olympic team one day.  Might as well start the move up to 65, because he can't make 57.

3 hours ago, OBXWrestler said:

Interesting. 

Could we see Penn State redshirt:

Howard, Bartlett, RBY, N. Lee, Brooks, Kierk 

I'm sure Caerl (sp) will let Flo know so they can break the story...

1 hour ago, FriendlyCamper said:

Anybody know if Micic and Rivera can Olympic RS again or do they have to wrestle this year?

Just curious where Desanto stands now at 33 among the field. 

Why couldn't Micic take another Olympic redshirt?  He is qualified for the Olympics.

Sebass wrestled last season.  I'm also not sure if he has met the criteria to qualify for an Olympic redshirt.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Why couldn't Micic take another Olympic redshirt?  He is qualified for the Olympics.

Sebass wrestled last season.  I'm also not sure if he has met the criteria to qualify for an Olympic redshirt.

I don't know that he can't, but I also don't know that he can.

I think everyone is assuming that the criteria will carry over and that there will not be a limit on taking a second consecutive RS, but the decision to grant a waiver of the 5 year rule is made by a 2/3rds vote of the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement. So until they say, I don't think anyone knows for sure.

One thing to note is that the NCAA has been issuing a lot of blanket waivers for a lot of things. They seem to be addressing the issues in the order of the sports. So with wrestling delayed they probably haven't seen the need to get to it right away. However, an interesting exemption that may serve as precedence is one they issued in March to cover the spring semester only. In it they allowed Division I schools to honor athletics aid agreements and exempt the 2019-20 amount from financial aid limitations for student-athletes that took a leave of absence during the 2019-20 academic year to train for official national team tryouts and competition.