Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LJB

FLO 8-man tourney...

Recommended Posts

Just watched that FRL. They were talking about possible wrestlers, and coaches entering the bracket. Gabe Dean and Yoel Romero were interesting names. Probably a big stretch, but since there's a recent thread on Cael taking on Merica, how about Cael entering? Ok, not really being serious here and with all due respect it looked like Cael lost a step back in 2011 when he made his comeback. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Coach Cael in this thing.

Also 195lbs? Guess that's gonna exclude J'den and Kyle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Just watched that FRL. They were talking about possible wrestlers, and coaches entering the bracket. Gabe Dean and Yoel Romero were interesting names. Probably a big stretch, but since there's a recent thread on Cael taking on Merica, how about Cael entering? Ok, not really being serious here and with all due respect it looked like Cael lost a step back in 2011 when he made his comeback. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Coach Cael in this thing.

Also 195lbs? Guess that's gonna exclude J'den and Kyle.

 

I think that probably excludes Cael too (not that he would seriously consider).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect to Gabe Dean I doubt he is who they had in mind.  You have to think they want Taylor, Cox, Snyder, Downey (not due to talent mind you but interest) and Nickal.

If all are absent a bracket with Dean, Macciavelo, MyMar, Sam Brooks and Drew Foster and the like would certainly be interesting but on the level of perhaps a US Open bracket.

 

So -- The interesting thing to watch now is will that prize money bring out those big guns and can they all make 195 (Cox/Snyder)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Class said:

With all due respect to Gabe Dean I doubt he is who they had in mind.  You have to think they want Taylor, Cox, Snyder, Downey (not due to talent mind you but interest) and Nickal.

If all are absent a bracket with Dean, Macciavelo, MyMar, Sam Brooks and Drew Foster and the like would certainly be interesting but on the level of perhaps a US Open bracket.

 

So -- The interesting thing to watch now is will that prize money bring out those big guns and can they all make 195 (Cox/Snyder)?

 

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you.

When I first saw the 195lbs, I immediately thought of Taylor and Nickal being that they're close to that weight but at the same time was wishing Snyder and Cox could be in that bracket as well. But I'm guessing Cox is already bulked up to 97kg (213lbs) and Snyder is already comfortable up there for the Olympic run at 97kg. Have no idea how hard that cut would be for them and how it might affect their training.

Then there's the other direction. Dake is probably shrinking his body for his 74kg (163lbs) Olympic run. Now 30lbs the other way? Not saying he can't do it.

Will be interesting to see who enters and like LJB suggested, would love to see some top international talent in here too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJB said:

if dake enters, he wins...

who shows up would be incidental at that point...

would prefer some international flavor if possible... the US version of this tourney is fairly straight forward...

Dake over both Taylor and Nickal at 195?  Give me one of the NLWC boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Dake over both Taylor and Nickal at 195?  Give me one of the NLWC boys.

well...

nickal is scared to wrestle his weight class...

dake big brothers taylor...

hey... dake may show mercy and stay home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think this is a cool idea.  So who picks the 8 if they get a lot of people that want to enter?

They said they will decide based on what they think makes the most compelling bracket. They hadn't given it much thought yet, but are hoping they have this high class problem.

At this point they are just asking wrestlers to reach out to them and express their interest in participating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Di don't think NLWC shows for this one.

Normally I would agree with you, but there is the question of cash. At 20k for first, 10k for second, 5k for third, 2.5k for fourth and 1k for fifth through eigth there are some compelling reasons to show up.

Though CP did question whether Taylor could make it due to timing.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Class said:

With all due respect to Gabe Dean I doubt he is who they had in mind.  You have to think they want Taylor, Cox, Snyder, Downey (not due to talent mind you but interest) and Nickal.

If all are absent a bracket with Dean, Macciavelo, MyMar, Sam Brooks and Drew Foster and the like would certainly be interesting but on the level of perhaps a US Open bracket.

 

So -- The interesting thing to watch now is will that prize money bring out those big guns and can they all make 195 (Cox/Snyder)?

 

Guess Downey is not allowed to enter.  Too bad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...