Sign in to follow this  
LJB

FLO 8-man tourney...

Not trying to be a downer here, but $20k for 1st place is not enough for any of the big names (Burroughs, Dake, Taylor, Cox) to enter and risk injury with the Olympics right around the corner.  With that being said, if Bo enters, he is winning this.

45 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Not trying to be a downer here, but $20k for 1st place is not enough for any of the big names (Burroughs, Dake, Taylor, Cox) to enter and risk injury with the Olympics right around the corner.  With that being said, if Bo enters, he is winning this.

weird post, nickal isn't a big name? Burroughs Dake Taylor Cox don't notice $20k to do something they do constantly? These guys aren't bringing in millions in endorsements. 

I would give more credence to flo vs Rofkin politics than the idea that 20K isn't enough money.

Edited by hammerlockthree

20 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

weird post, nickal isn't a big name? Burroughs Dake Taylor Cox don't notice $20k to do something they do constantly? These guys aren't bringing in millions in endorsements. 

I would give more credence to flo vs Rofkin politics than the idea that 20K isn't enough money.

I mean the other 4 are world champions.  No is ONLY a U23 world champ.

19 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I mean the other 4 are world champions.  No is ONLY a U23 world champ.

To be fair...

nickal is big time enough to forfeit international matches at tourneys someone else paid for him attend...

that’s pretty big time if you ask me...

14 minutes ago, LJB said:

To be fair...

nickal is big time enough to forfeit international matches at tourneys someone else paid for him attend...

that’s pretty big time if you ask me...

Are you arguing that nickal is big time, or that the same influences which made him forfeit to his club mate will make him abstain from Flo's event?

Just translating for those of us who aren't hyper cynical.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Are you arguing that nickal is big time, or that the same influences which made him forfeit to his club mate will make him abstain from Flo's event?

Just translating for those of us who aren't hyper cynical.

Not hyper cynical?

i did get a chuckle out of that...

Nickal has already proven he does not want anything to do with his own weight class... and he’s proven he won’t wrestle just anyone outside of his weight class...

so...

he is either that big time or that small time...

28 minutes ago, LJB said:

Not hyper cynical?

i did get a chuckle out of that...

Nickal has already proven he does not want anything to do with his own weight class... and he’s proven he won’t wrestle just anyone outside of his weight class...

so...

he is either that big time or that small time...

His own weight class? That doesn't even have any meaning, but you want to make that the basis of your argument.

I know you want to pretend to be the sole arbiter of these things, but they employ scales in this sport.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

His own weight class? That doesn't even have any meaning, but you want to make that the basis of your argument.

I know you want to pretend to be the sole arbiter of these things, but they employ scales in this sport.

They do employ scales...

what did nickal weigh in at to get hulk smashed by cox at final x last year?

Is this open to foreign competitors?   There are some big names from overseas who could add spice to this bracket.  I assume that Freestyle rules will be used for this - I haven't seen anything from Flo confirming that detail yet. 

29 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Is this open to foreign competitors?   There are some big names from overseas who could add spice to this bracket.  I assume that Freestyle rules will be used for this - I haven't seen anything from Flo confirming that detail yet. 

Yes, it is open to foreign wrestlers, though they speculated on the show that they would have a hard time attracting them due to travel restrictions.

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The point that you always miss is that you love assigning motive to action, but hate it when others do (Flo is the devil, etc.)

i am not assigning any motive... just saying exactly what happened...

nickal did weigh in 4.5kg under the 92kg limit at WTT against cox...

nickal did not score one offensive point in two matches up a full weight class against cox...

nickal did forfeit to snyder up yet another weight class 6 months later...

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The point that you always miss is that you love assigning motive to action, but hate it when others do (Flo is the devil, etc.)

I'll help here.

87.2 keggers was where they weighed in at.

Also Nickal has gone in record saying 97 keggers was his weight and hasn't said anything otherwise since.

Until he weighs in under 86 kilos (189.5lbs lol) I am going with 97 as his weight.

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

There are levels to this.  As @Mokoma pointed out, Burroughs, Dake, Cox, and Taylor are our only actively competing world champs or Olympic medalists. I think Bo is a star, but he would be in the next tier for me, along with guys like Gwiz, Gable, Spencer, Yianni, Zane, JO, Gilman, and Green. 

16 hours ago, LJB said:

Taylor wrestled for them a month and a half ago.. 

Yeah, and Flo paid him $20k to show, and it was only one match against MyMar.  If he were to enter the tournament, he would have to navigate a bracket (winning multiple matches, with MyMar probably being one of them) in order to get the same $20k.

10 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

There are levels to this.  As @Mokoma pointed out, Burroughs, Dake, Cox, and Taylor are our only actively competing world champs or Olympic medalists. I think Bo is a star, but he would be in the next tier for me, along with guys like Gwiz, Gable, Spencer, Yianni, Zane, JO, Gilman, and Green. 

Yeah, and Flo paid him $20k to show, and it was only one match against MyMar.  If he were to enter the tournament, he would have to navigate a bracket (winning multiple matches, with MyMar probably being one of them) in order to get the same $20k.

3 matches vs 1...

if dake doesn't decide to come ruin his day, taylor might only spend 4 minutes total on the mat for 20K...

not a bad day...

but, whatever...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

3 matches vs 1...

if dake doesn't decide to come ruin his day, taylor might only spend 4 minutes total on the mat for 20K...

not a bad day...

but, whatever...

Do you have any inside info about Dake entering the Flo 8-man tourney?  I can't see him doing it, as he claims he walks around at 79kg (173.8 lbs.) and this is a 195 lbs. tournament.  There could be guys like Bo, MyMar, Macc, Zahid, and Kolin Moore entering, and while I think Dake beats all of them despite their size advantage,  it is also possible that Dake gets hurt wrestling multiple guys bigger than him.