Badger Fan

Senior Nationals

Just watched the 74kg. Massa looking sharp. I want to see him vs Nolf or IMAR. 

and it’s so nice to see someone hit a head in the hole properly. I highly doubt many of his teammates shoot low on him lol

53 minutes ago, jp157 said:

What was the score when Gable and Paris wrestled last time?

Just looked it up, 8-6 Gable. But iirc, that score was closer than the actual result (yeah, that makes sense).

What I mean is, I thought Gable won handily and looked fantastic that match. Looking for a barnburner next time and won't be surprised to see one of these 2 guys win the spot.  

22 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Just looked it up, 8-6 Gable. But iirc, that score was closer than the actual result (yeah, that makes sense).

What I mean is, I thought Gable won handily and looked fantastic that match. Looking for a barnburner next time and won't be surprised to see one of these 2 guys win the spot.  

Thank you 

13 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

Why no love for Gwiz?

I like Gwiz - 2 World bronze, NCAA stud, fun to watch as a HWT and seems like a quiet, humble good guy. Easy to root for.

But after the dream bracket he had in 2018 (I know he still won a bronze, but thought he was good enough to make finals), then one and done in 2019 (I know, it was Iran - very tough guy), but then the way he looked against Zare last year, ouch (I know maybe he was banged up from the pro league). Maybe Nick peaked already in his career?

Regardless, it looks to me like Gable and now Parris have surpassed him. We'll see.

14 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

I like Gwiz - 2 World bronze, NCAA stud, fun to watch as a HWT and seems like a quiet, humble good guy. Easy to root for.

But after the dream bracket he had in 2018 (I know he still won a bronze, but thought he was good enough to make finals), then one and done in 2019 (I know, it was Iran - very tough guy), but then the way he looked against Zare last year, ouch (I know maybe he was banged up from the pro league). Maybe Nick peaked already in his career?

Regardless, it looks to me like Gable and now Parris have surpassed him. We'll see.

The same Zare that Parris had beaten a couple months before via pinfall.

The same Zare that 10-0 techfalled the Russian that 10-0 techfalled Kerkvliet at U23?

Yeah I'm liking Parris chances more and more.

Also the Steveson-Parris match was an easy 8-4, 4TD/4Escape match before Parris got a late GIMME TD. Folkstyle, but Parris didn't have much for him.

9 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Was anyone else surprised at how well Moore actually finished matches this weekend? 
Or how well he did vs Gadson 

No. He beat Gadson last they wrestled and tends to always do better the 2nd time he wrestles someone.

Even with Zillmer he's done progressively better each time.

7 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

How about some Evan Henderson love?  Man he really took it to Eierman. He’s come a long way post college. Is he at Cornell?

He is. Grey was in his corner. He looked great up until Alirez. What a great tournament for that kid. Stole the Surprise of the Tournament Award from Ragusin.

3 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Is it just me or does it look like it’s easy to drive Valencia three car lengths across the gym?

He fights the push-out hard instead of conceding the 1 and ends up at risk for giving up 2 so people keep driving him back awkwardly to the cement. Rough way to make a living. 

32 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Was anyone else surprised at how well Moore actually finished matches this weekend? 
Or how well he did vs Gadson 

Moore looked great. Smooth duck under fire his first 2 among other things. Parris looked great too.

Props to the Big Red for 2 big stop signs and a 5th even if the Dean win was kind of lackluster. Arujau looked fantastic all tournament.