Badger Fan

Senior Nationals

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Michigan just signed their toons up.

Massa, Parris, Storr, Medley, Cam Amine.

When do we see Cam go for the 74 San Marino spot?

I'm not sure if Cam is able to wrestle for San Marino.  Pretty sure that Myles and Malik are able to compete for San Marino due to their mother's side of the family.  Isn't Cam related to Myles/Malik through the father's side?

3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I'm not sure if Cam is able to wrestle for San Marino.  Pretty sure that Myles and Malik are able to compete for San Marino due to their mother's side of the family.  Isn't Cam related to Myles/Malik through the father's side?

Well that's a bugger, then.  Would have been neat.

That said, didn't they say that they could have chosen Lebanon or San Marino, but opted for San Marino due to personal choice and their good friend Abounader being at Lebanon?  Is that also the mother's side?  If it's the father's side perhaps we see him head there.

Wishful thinking.  I'm of the mindset that the more American's we have competing everywhere the better.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Well that's a bugger, then.  Would have been neat.

That said, didn't they say that they could have chosen Lebanon or San Marino, but opted for San Marino due to personal choice and their good friend Abounader being at Lebanon?  Is that also the mother's side?  If it's the father's side perhaps we see him head there.

Wishful thinking.  I'm of the mindset that the more American's we have competing everywhere the better.

Cam is Myles and Malik's cousin. Sam and Mike are brothers-their dad, Nazem, represented Lebanon in the 1956 and 1960 Olympic Games...Sam is Cam's dad, Mike is Malik and Myles' dad.

So, all of that to say Cam could represent Lebanon not San Marino

On 9/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, 1032004 said:

For those too lazy to click or to sign in, some notables:

57: Vito/Richards/Perrelli/Camacho/Courtney

65: McKenna/Henderson/Heil/Pletcher/Fausz/Dardanes/Yahya Thomas

74: A. Valencia/Deakin/Wick/Hidlay/Lavalee/Headlee/Conigliaro - another potential Deakin/Hidlay match?

86: Martin/Dean x2/McFadden/Bolen/Hidlay - decent storylines here with 2 Deans, Martin/Dean and Bolen/Hidlay

97: Walz/Moore/Bonaccorsi/Gadson/Honis/Davison/Reenan/Hoffman

125: Bradley/Hillger/Tanner Hall/Demetrius Thomas/Tate Orndorff/AJ Nevills

Additions since this:

57: Cruz/Mueller

65: Eierman/McKee/Gomez/Ian Parker/Chad Red/Abas/Alirez/Storr/Josh Heil/Gonser

74: Vallimont/Carr/Purinton/Paddy Gallagher/Cam Amine/Durso/Moody/D Braunagel

86: Pfarr/Lujan/Venz/Skatzka/Elam/Epps (D3 Champ) - now has a lot of last year's 184 bracket!

97: Snyder/Zillmer/Traxler/Schultz

125: Parris/Hemida/D. White/Elam/Streck

#1 Wisconsin recruit Braxton Amos in at Greco 97kg

1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Cam is Myles and Malik's cousin. Sam and Mike are brothers-their dad, Nazem, represented Lebanon in the 1956 and 1960 Olympic Games...Sam is Cam's dad, Mike is Malik and Myles' dad.

So, all of that to say Cam could represent Lebanon not San Marino

It would be a shame for him to then to see him force forfeit to Israel.

3 minutes ago, jchapman said:

It would be a shame to see him choose to represent a country where this is the publicly established policy.

You're getting political now.  Politics should not be in wrestling.  I agree there, however restricting him to now embrace his heritage, albeit distant, isn't a very fair approach.  One I am absolutely satisfied with him, and his people, ignoring.

52 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're getting political now.  Politics should not be in wrestling.  I agree there, however restricting him to now embrace his heritage, albeit distant, isn't a very fair approach.  One I am absolutely satisfied with him, and his people, ignoring.

How did that work out for Abounader at worlds last year?

Top 8 this weekend gets you an Olympic Redshirt, as a heads up. Could be beneficial for guys in an uncertain NCAA year. 

Here's a freestyle watch list for guys who haven't qualified. I just took the college guys that were listen on the preview:

Brandon Courtney, Arizona State, 57kg

Jakob Camacho, North Carolina State, 57kg

Jack Medley, Michigan, 57kg

Andrew Alirez, Northern Colorado, 65kg

Yahya Thomas, Northwestern, 65kg

Chad Red, Nebraska, 65kg

Austin Gomez, Iowa State, 65kg

Hayden Hidlay, North Carolina State, 74kg

Danny Braunagel, Illinois, 74kg

Rocky Elam, Missouri, 86kg

Mikey Labriola, Nebraska, 86kg

Jacob Woodley, Oklahoma, 97kg

Nino Bonaccorsi, Pittsburgh, 97kg

Trent Hillger, Wisconsin, 125kg

Matt Correnti, Rider, 125kg

AJ Nevills, Fresno State, 125kg

Andy Simmons was sitting at his desk, his laptop staring back at his face with a dull shine against the dark room. Watching his opponents, analyzing every movement, waiting for the exact moment to strike when it is least expected and the damage will be most impactful. He patiently waits for Nomad's spreadsheet to exponentially expand. To pass the time he keeps dropping down into that old, familiar, squared stance with his left leg ever so slightly behind his right and his toes crowing out. It was the same stance low to the ground that he is so familiar with, although now the pops and creaks emanating from his knees and hips are also becoming more and more familiar and no amount of Icee Hot can cure. But he ignores the aches and throbs as he presses the refresh button on Chrome over and over and over again. He wonders if this particular drill is going to result in a lifetime of carpal tunnel syndrome. To him it's yet another drill that he has done for years and honed to perfection, but this time there is more meaning as he scours the landscape of potential opponents. None of the top challengers are interested minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day. He wonders if it could be too good to be true. "Will there be no worthy opponents this annum? Could this be the opportunity I have waited a lifetime for?" In that moment his reflexes snap as quick as ever, striking the keyboard and entered his credit card information. He knew he would have the chance to fulfill a self-prophesied destiny. He raises the courage to go for it one last time.

"To Valhalla!! I bet I can get into a bronze match since no one is going to show up this year and it's such a JV tourney that an old washed dude like me can get seeded 4th!"

Stay tuned for the next chapter: The Old Man and the Sauna

60kg- this is lamont's to lose... would love to see knopic make some noise... will be watching schwartz to see how his greco looks now...

67kg- chalk... mostly because i do not recognize many of them... merkin and abidin might make some noise...

77kg- smith is the only high end name entered... i'll be watching abdushshakur based purely on name...

87kg- again... rau should run away with this...

97kg- porter picks up the leftovers...

130kg- hand schultz the wood now... the only question will be how many minutes does he spend on the mat for the entire tourney... the over under is 7 min...

overall, pretty disappointing turnout... 60kg is the only weight that might shake things up

1 hour ago, LJB said:

60kg- this is lamont's to lose... would love to see knopic make some noise... will be watching schwartz to see how his greco looks now...

67kg- chalk... mostly because i do not recognize many of them... merkin and abidin might make some noise...

77kg- smith is the only high end name entered... i'll be watching abdushshakur based purely on name...

87kg- again... rau should run away with this...

97kg- porter picks up the leftovers...

130kg- hand schultz the wood now... the only question will be how many minutes does he spend on the mat for the entire tourney... the over under is 7 min...

overall, pretty disappointing turnout... 60kg is the only weight that might shake things up

He would if Alan Vera wasn't entered- that dude's making the Olympic team.