Badger Fan

Senior Nationals

2 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

thats correct. we all swore by the rankers oath. we did not break it for RBY and we will not break it for Gadson. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery from Snyder. Also credit to Gadson who like sharp prior to the injury.

Agreed

Anyone actually watching saw the way Snyder went out of bounds on that exchange. His leg caught in a way many injuries happen. I immediately thought it was his knee when it happened. Hopefully it’s ankle because I want him or Cox repping. 

Like many things in life. Many things can be true at the same time. If one actually watched the sequence.. Snyder for sure tweaked his ankle or knee... AND Gadson was wrestling extremely well. Snyder probably tried to keep going because he’s been smashing Gadson so effectively of late. When Gadson kept wrestling well he probably wasn’t too keen on dealing with it. So medically forfeiting wasn’t that hard for a decision for a meaningless match.

Between the Taylor injury at BTS and Snyder getting hurt. I highly doubt many Nittany Lions will be entering tournaments they don’t have to and only doing stuff directly run by their club. Now do “I” personally like this no. I want to see the best competing. That doesn’t change the strategery of guys like Carl lol.

*And wrestling dads who take practice too seriously. Who always seem to be people who never wrestled or quit in high school.. there is a difference between practice live intensity and tournament intensity.... I know your type likes to talk about being “tuff”. But please understand it’s kinda hard to take you talking about being “tuff” serial.

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

Please...

just a little bit of validation...

pretty please??????

(refresh... refresh... refresh)

Don’t you hate Willie  because of how he ranks high school children?

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

**sweat pops up on upper lip while burning a hole staring at the screen**

Hey hey hey. I’m not the “tuff” guy here. You are.

For everyone else. I didn’t start this derailment. I commented on how KS injury, would affect people entering tournaments. He made an ignorant comment about injuries, practice, and knitting. I responded with basic knowledge about the varying intensities that are a part of competition vs. practice.He has responded with emotional appeals and insults. So please don’t blame me for his hysterical screeching and overuse of fonts and punctuation. 

I’m very aware I can be abrasive and offensive. To a certain kind of person at least lol. I also know for a fact that I am by far from the only person with actual experience beyond HS.. who looks at pompous wrestling dads and youth coaches.. (who for some reason. Always. Never wrestled.. or quit in high school) with high levels distain when they attempt to talk about being being “tuff” or high level wrestling.

Fortunately I’m in a position where I’m not dependent on them to pay for a club or to recruit their kid to my high school or college team. So it’s actually pretty funny to call them out. 

I have watched LBJ and others for years while I lurked on this forum. Act like experts and bully people. Covid has me bored. It’s fun to trigger them.

1 minute ago, LJB said:

So much frantic typing...

please... for the love of all that’s good in the world...

please...

please...

validate me!!! 

All this emotion over someone pointing out the difference between practice and real competition. 

lol.

7 hours ago, jp157 said:

All this emotion over someone pointing out the difference between practice and real competition. 

lol.

What us funny is he is doing precisely what he is trying to say you are doing.

He is obviously seeking validation and pressing the refresh button several times a minute.  He responds within seconds.

That said, ignore him.  You can do it under the setting on the top right.  The only time you'll see him is if other people attempt to feed his narcissistic ego and 'quote' him 

8 hours ago, jp157 said:

Anyone actually watching saw the way Snyder went out of bounds on that exchange. His leg caught in a way many injuries happen. I immediately thought it was his knee when it happened. Hopefully it’s ankle because I want him or Cox repping. 

Like many things in life. Many things can be true at the same time. If one actually watched the sequence.. Snyder for sure tweaked his ankle or knee... AND Gadson was wrestling extremely well. Snyder probably tried to keep going because he’s been smashing Gadson so effectively of late. When Gadson kept wrestling well he probably wasn’t too keen on dealing with it. So medically forfeiting wasn’t that hard for a decision for a meaningless match.

Between the Taylor injury at BTS and Snyder getting hurt. I highly doubt many Nittany Lions will be entering tournaments they don’t have to and only doing stuff directly run by their club. Now do “I” personally like this no. I want to see the best competing. That doesn’t change the strategery of guys like Carl lol.

*And wrestling dads who take practice too seriously. Who always seem to be people who never wrestled or quit in high school.. there is a difference between practice live intensity and tournament intensity.... I know your type likes to talk about being “tuff”. But please understand it’s kinda hard to take you talking about being “tuff” serial.

I thought Taylor wouldn’t wrestle any more meaningless matches after his BTS injury. But then he was scheduled to wrestle Downey in another meaningless match, who (at least his twitter persona) probably wouldn’t have cared that much if Taylor got injured.  So we really don’t know what Cael/NLWC will do moving forward...

35 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I thought Taylor wouldn’t wrestle any more meaningless matches after his BTS injury. But then he was scheduled to wrestle Downey in another meaningless match, who (at least his twitter persona) probably wouldn’t have cared that much if Taylor got injured.  So we really don’t know what Cael/NLWC will do moving forward...

Cash is not meaningless.

There's no such thing as a meaningless wrestling match.

Even if it's in the school yard or at the United States Senior Men's National Championships.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, LJB said:

100% of wrestlers who get injured while wrestling were wrestling at the time...

i guess they should all quit competing...

and practicing as well...

lots of injuries during practice...

knitting it is I suppose...

Yeah. That’s the problem with the logic. I used to think that getting out there and competing did some good.

12 hours ago, powershouse said:

More than being down 0-2, Gadsden was able to muscle him off the legs and looked much stronger. Snyder seemed like a guy trying moves he wasn’t confident with.

Gadsden’s takedown reminded me, don’t laugh, is Sadulaev taking Snyder down. Fast and powerful. It was no flukey thing. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The Downey match was personal and a giant pay day. Also a chance to make a statement,  not just a tournament with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I hope I’m wrong. And I don’t necessarily agree with it if that’s their decision. I lean on the compete, challenge yourself, and try to score as much as possible end of the strategery spectrum. Not on the conservative side. 

Apparently no one is capable of understanding one can make an prediction or observation about something they don’t agree with.

51 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Seemed like ankle and no knee. But you know Gadsen was looking legitimately good even before Kyle got hurt. 

I said as much several times lol. 

17 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

How about some Evan Henderson love?  Man he really took it to Eierman. He’s come a long way post college. Is he at Cornell?

He's been talking about hanging it up for some time and hates the cut to 65kg.  I'm a big fan of his, and was a huge fan of his Russell matches.  They never disappointed.

While the 157lbers continue to show why they stay in the 157lb weight class (Deakin should be 165... fight me)... McFadden, the 7th seed 165lber this last spring just beat Lujan, the 1st seed 184lber at 194lbs(a year after McFadden seemed to struggle with adjusting to the size change at 174lbs compared to 165lbs).  Also the 2017 7 seed at 184 taking it to the 2017 3 seed at 285 at 218.25lbs(both their senior seasons).