Sign in to follow this  
Alwayswrestling

Was that a bad loss for Yanni?

The difference between the #1 guy and the #20 guy at 65kg is small. The depth at the weight is incredible. Which is not true at other weights.

Musukaev lost to Yianni but beat Khinche at Worlds, 5-1.

Yianni beat Bajrang but lost to Zain. Bajrang beat Zain in an incredibly close match at the Pellicone.

I could go on but hopefully you get my point.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:58 AM, wrestlingnerd said:

So you think he's still developing at the same rate? He went from getting his ass kicked by JO in practice per his own admission to teching JO in a matter of months. Then he beat a game World silver medalist, albeit in an exhibition match. Then he showed no improvement against Zain and has been at around the same level since then. COVID of course is a factor. But the trend was there already before the pandemic. I'm a big Yianni fan but he has already picked his low hanging fruit and that necessarily means progression here on out will be a lot harder.

Has his progression "stalled out" in your opinion because Yianni hasn't become Kyle Dake? 

Yianni, Spencer, and Gable are the future of USA Wrestling.  With all due respect, to say Yianni has plateaued for losing on criteria against the gold and silver medalist from the last two Olympics is a silly take.  

10 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Has his progression "stalled out" in your opinion because Yianni hasn't become Kyle Dake? 

Yianni, Spencer, and Gable are the future of USA Wrestling.  With all due respect, to say Yianni has plateaued for losing on criteria against the gold and silver medalist from the last two Olympics is a silly take.  

With all due respect, learn to read. I didn't say he has stalled out, period. I said his progression has stalled out quite A BIT. I don't see how you can reasonably argue otherwise. How much has he actually improved his wrestling in the past year? A lot less than the prior few years.

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

With all due respect, learn to read. I didn't say he has stalled out, period. I said his progression has stalled out quite A BIT. I don't see how you can reasonably argue otherwise. How much has he actually improved his wrestling in the past year? A lot less than the prior few years.

Are you going by anything other than results against some of the world's best who are round robin beating each other?  Serious question.  I'm seriously trying to understand your strong stance here.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Are you going by anything other than results against some of the world's best who are round robin beating each other?  Serious question.  I'm seriously trying to understand your strong stance here.

Mainly from Zain series for which he trained like a madman. I actually thought he wrestled worse in the final match of that series than before.