1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Flo says the first half of the bracket is set...how could they know one half and not the other? Its gotta be seeded somehow right?

Anyway Nate Jackson Gabe Dean Drew Foster Sammy Brooks

I think they mean half the people in the bracket, not one side of the bracket.

30 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thats my assumption at least...

I'll put it this way, I wonder of the whole bracket is already set? Seems likely. 

Agreed, I think they have commitments from all 8 guys who are going to be in the bracket.  Judging from PD3's response on social media, I don't think he was included lol.

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed, I think they have commitments from all 8 guys who are going to be in the bracket.  Judging from PD3's response on social media, I don't think he was included lol.

I wonder if it has anything to do with his suspension from USA wrestling? USA cards required for other FLO events?

5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with his suspension from USA wrestling? USA cards required for other FLO events?

Or maybe the underlying reason for PD3's suspension from USA Wrestling has made Flo decide that they don't want him on their cards going forward?  I think the baggage he brings isn't worth having him on these shows anymore.  

Going back to the remaining 4 competitions who have yet to be revealed, do you have any guesses?  I think Zahid is one, MyMar will probably be another, and they will probably have one of the Michigan/CKWC guys.  It would be nice if Bo, Mark Hall, or one of the Penn State alumni entered.     

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thats my assumption at least...

I'll put it this way, I wonder of the whole bracket is already set? Seems likely. 

Just read the article and to me it seemed like they meant the first four athletes have been selected, as opposed to the way they worded it.  

Should we call it a boycott if the NLWC has maybe the best 2 contenders in the country and doesn't show.....

Their No. 3 guy has beaten three of the four entrants.

Kind of funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Flo says the first half of the bracket is set...how could they know one half and not the other? Its gotta be seeded somehow right?

Anyway Nate Jackson Gabe Dean Drew Foster Sammy Brooks

Does this excite anyone?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

easy answer, no. we were all waiting on nickal, cox, taylor....and yes even hoping downey would show up just to get killed.

On FRL last week they said Downey will not be in it. Askren asked if it was because he didn't have his card. Pyles said no, even if he had his card he wouldn't be welcome and then wanted to change the subject immediately. 

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

If this is USAW sanctioned, Downey still is on the interim suspension list so couldn't compete.

I've wondered if these events that have popped up are USAW sanctioned, or by the local athletic commissions.

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

If this is USAW sanctioned, Downey still is on the interim suspension list so couldn't compete.

What is the benefit to Flo, or anyone involved, in having this be USAW sanctioned?  If the entertainment value goes up in any way, shape or form by being independent from that then for goodness sakes do that -- because these events are 100% about entertainment.

Based on the first 4 names either Flo is holding onto the big names for a significant promotional announcement or they need a stronger mind involved in overcoming obstacles to enhance their events (example -- their rigid and lame excuse for not accommodating DTs no tech fall request when facing PD3).

Also, just to preface that I am not anti-Flo conceptually, because the idea of an open weight class perhaps chosen to pull in competitors from two surrounding weight classes that are star studded is quite cool, especially to die hard wrestling fans.  Great idea and the potential to have something unprecedented was there (Dake, DT, Bo, Dieringer, Cox, PD3, Zahid -- amazing marketability and wow factor), but the result thus far is a Bill Farrel 86kg type bracket where none of the interesting guys show up.  For their sake the next 4 are the announcement worthy ones.