1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

Well you’re wrong I guess cause I definitely remember the event shortly after nationals where Bo outplaced Dean.  I did misremember them meeting.

He outplaced him but he didn't beat him. Did i misread your post? If you are saying outplacing is the same as beating I don't agree with that.

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

who of the first 4 qualifiers would you bump for a greco guy? 

Why can't Provisor be in the second 4 qualifiers? Why does he have to bump a guy from the first 4?

Or maybe the bigger question is, do they already have their second 4 picked? 

21 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I would be surprised if a greco guy was in there. IMHO

I would be a little surprised too, but that's the intrigue. Let's see if the Greco guy can hang with or even beat the freestyle guys.

Plus Provisor said he can wrestle freestyle and he said he thinks he could win the bracket. Throw him in there, especially if you don't have 4 other contestants yet. Again, maybe Flo is in the process of trying to line up some superstar freestyle names for the other 4 entries. But after seeing Provisor asking Bader to be included in this bracket, I want to see him in there now. 

17 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

I would be a little surprised too, but that's the intrigue. Let's see if the Greco guy can hang with or even beat the freestyle guys.

Plus Provisor said he can wrestle freestyle and he said he thinks he could win the bracket. Throw him in there, especially if you don't have 4 other contestants yet. Again, maybe Flo is in the process of trying to line up some superstar freestyle names for the other 4 entries. But after seeing Provisor asking Bader to be included in this bracket, I want to see him in there now. 

If they don't allow a currently active, 2X Olympian in the bracket...

Edited by jchapman

On 9/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, Class said:

Gabe Dean is a fine draw.  His NCAA finishes were impressive.  His small career in freestyle was not great and it was short lived.  Certainly a great wrestler, but not going to draw viewership.

He’s in the folk style pantheon

7 hours ago, jchapman said:

If they don't allow a currently active, 2X Olympian in the bracket...

what if someone who was in the olympics for poll vaulting applies?

Any of the announced guys would mess him up in freestyle, and so far the field pretty thin compared to peoples expectations. No Cox, no taylor, no valencia, no nickal. 

If he gets in its just affirmative action for greco.

33 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

what if someone who was in the olympics for poll vaulting applies?

Any of the announced guys would mess him up in freestyle, and so far the field pretty thin compared to peoples expectations. No Cox, no taylor, no valencia, no nickal. 

If he gets in its just affirmative action for greco.

I’m glad you already know who will win.  As someone pointed out, he has had international success in freestyle.

12 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

yeah Pan ams. Did he have a tough cuban?

No, he beat Canada, Brazil, Peru, and Mexico to win his bracket.  When you stack up his international freestyle resume against the four guys already named in the tournament (Dean, Brooks, Jackson, and Foster), he is more credentialed than at least two of them.  He would be more than competitive with the rest of the field, imo.

13 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

No...thats you. You were the one who accused me of claiming foresight for stating an opinion. Which was childish. 

Oh that’s what you were triggered about?  I thought it was the second part where I said he had international freestyle success.  Do you often feel accused?

10 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

No, he beat Canada, Brazil, Peru, and Mexico to win his bracket.  When you stack up his international freestyle resume against the four guys already named in the tournament (Dean, Brooks, Jackson, and Foster), he is more credentialed than at least two of them.  He would be more than competitive with the rest of the field, imo.

Thanks for the info, I just don't think that one tournament with no notable wins is evidence for him beating guys who train the style.