Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thanks for the info, I just don't think that one tournament with no notable wins is evidence for him beating guys who train the style.

He literally beat guys who trained the style their whole lives at Pan Ams. Curious what evidence makes you think that Nate Jackson, Gabe Dean, Drew Foster, and Sammy Brooks could all beat a Pan Am Champ? All are great wrestlers but it’s not like any have a huge resume of international success. If Provisor won an international tournament with those four in it, would any count as notable wins? I’m not saying Provisor would beat them all for sure, but it would be interesting to see how he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would love for them to give provisor a spot... he would bring more interest than the first 4 announced...

but...

they don't have to...

he is currently shrinking down for 77kg... there is no telling if he has the size to be realistically competitive, but, he was at the NLWC for awile recently... i have to think he at least really believes he can make waves...

for those who didn't see it, provisor bringing the greco mentality to free was amazing to watch at those pan ams... all those free guys were whining as they were getting flat out bullied all over the mat... it was quite amusing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

He literally beat guys who trained the style their whole lives at Pan Ams. Curious what evidence makes you think that Nate Jackson, Gabe Dean, Drew Foster, and Sammy Brooks could all beat a Pan Am Champ? All are great wrestlers but it’s not like any have a huge resume of international success. If Provisor won an international tournament with those four in it, would any count as notable wins? I’m not saying Provisor would beat them all for sure, but it would be interesting to see how he does. 

i'm not saying he is gonna lose for sure, its just what I think. What do you people want? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

i'm not saying he is gonna lose for sure, its just what I think. What do you people want? 

Haha fair enough... sorry if I misinterpreted. I agree I’m not sure how he would do against those guys but I’m interested to find out. It’s more intriguing of a match up than any of those four against each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thanks for the info, I just don't think that one tournament with no notable wins is evidence for him beating guys who train the style.

What are the senior freestyle resumes of Dean, Brooks, Foster, and Jackson?  What notable international wins do those four have?  What is the evidence that any of those four are good at freestyle? 

To suggest that Provisor, a 2x Olympian in Greco and the 2018 Pan Am freestyle champion, doesn't belong in a field with Dean, Brooks, Foster, and Jackson is laughable.  Especially when none of those guys have even wrestled at a Pan Am championship or medaled in the 2019 senior nationals (where Taylor and Nickal were not in the 86 bracket).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

What are the senior freestyle resumes of Dean, Brooks, Foster, and Jackson?  What notable international wins do those four have?  What is the evidence that any of those four are good at freestyle? 

To suggest that Provisor, a 2x Olympian in Greco and the 2018 Pan Am freestyle champion, doesn't belong in a field with Dean, Brooks, Foster, and Jackson is laughable.  Especially when none of those guys have even wrestled at a Pan Am championship or medaled in the 2019 senior nationals (where Taylor and Nickal were not in the 86 bracket).

I totally disagree. Thats all there is to it. I don't think being a greco olympian means much and I don't care at all about winning one weak international tournament at a non-olympic weight. 

I don't know why everyone is having such a strong reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I totally disagree. Thats all there is to it. I don't think being a greco olympian means much and I don't care at all about winning one weak international tournament at a non-olympic weight. 

I don't know why everyone is having such a strong reaction.

You're missing the point.  Dean, Foster, Jackson, and Brooks have done nothing significant in freestyle.  Provisor deserves an entry into the tournament, if those four got a spot.  None of those four are top-4 in the US at 86.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, not only has provisor been a two time olympian and actually won international level tourneys, he has also trained quite a bit with our esteemed 2019 world team member at 86kg...

my guess is he is knows he will be competitive in the field announced so far none of whom have done anything in the real styles... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You're missing the point.  Dean, Foster, Jackson, and Brooks have done nothing significant in freestyle.  Provisor deserves an entry into the tournament, if those four got a spot.  None of those four are top-4 in the US at 86.  

 

I'm sorry I think they'd all beat Provisor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if any of those guys would have signed up, then it's a foregone conclusion who to hand the winners check to... 

it probably still is...

shame about provisor... he would have made this event at least a little compelling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I would take Provisor over all of these guys except My Mar

I would take him over lujuan and Rasheed.

Honestly I might be pandering based on the beating I've taken on here on the topic....and now I wish he was in there so I could find out if I was right or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I would take him over lujuan and Rasheed.

Honestly I might be pandering based on the beating I've taken on here on the topic....and now I wish he was in there so I could find out if I was right or not.

 

you should watch his free matches from pan ams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So assuming they don’t give in to Askren’s desires for calling people out, how do they seed this?

On one of the FRL’s, I think they did actually seem to imply that the first 4 were a “half of the bracket”.   Is that the bottom half and Martin is #1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

If you can tell me how I will.

I just tried to watch the matches while the sitting here waiting for the kid to finish lifting...

5G might as well give you the boogie bug because it is worth fuk all...

*hourglass*
 

anyway...

scores of 10-0, 11-0, 11-0, and I’ll FF because MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP!!!!!

that is up 5kg from his Greco weight...

provisor could have easily made the finals of opposite MM and after watching what DT did to MM I would not have been shocked to see provisor drop him...

but... the one athlete that could have made this bracket super interesting and could actually use the payday was not given the nod...

bigger mistakes have been made...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...