Lovely.

Now I have to wait for them to post to find out what actually happened on FRL.

The comments are garbage on their Facebook feed and no help.

I thought it was a late time for them but I always assume Central time so by the time I realised what was what I was already a half hour late.

Anyone give me the dets while I wait for it to be watchable?

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Lovely.

Now I have to wait for them to post to find out what actually happened on FRL.

The comments are garbage on their Facebook feed and no help.

I thought it was a late time for them but I always assume Central time so by the time I realised what was what I was already a half hour late.

Anyone give me the dets while I wait for it to be watchable?

Shakur Rasheed vs Keith Gavin

Taylor Lujan vs Gabe Dean

Nate Jackson vs Sammy Brooks

Myles Martin vs Drew Foster

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Shakur Rasheed vs Keith Gavin

Taylor Lujan vs Gabe Dean

Nate Jackson vs Sammy Brooks

Myles Martin vs Drew Foster

Oh nice.  I can't wait to listen to see how that unfolded.  Bottom looks considerably more difficult.  Were folks looking to avoid Dean?

Martin finally got over his Heflin hump last winter.  Will he finally get over his Brooks hump?  I'm sure Martin is hoping to prove a lot of people wrong here and wants it to go Foster-Brooks-Dean with him taking the title.

I hope Martin has been training. Kudos to him for taking the Taylor match on such short notice, but he looked like he did not work out at all between March and the day he agreed to wrestle.

A quick look at the bracket makes me think it will be Dean vs Jackson again, with the potential for an in-shape Martin as a wildcard.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Oh nice.  I can't wait to listen to see how that unfolded.  Bottom looks considerably more difficult.  Were folks looking to avoid Dean?

Martin finally got over his Heflin hump last winter.  Will he finally get over his Brooks hump?  I'm sure Martin is hoping to prove a lot of people wrong here and wants it to go Foster-Brooks-Dean with him taking the title.

They said they won't air the picks as it wasn't that interesting.

Rasheed had first pick, picked the top
Gavin had the second pick, he picked the "4" seed(more on this later)
Jackson had the third pick and he picked the "3" seed
Foster picked fourth and picked the "2" seed

Myles Martin had the fifth pick and picked a match against Foster
Brooks had the sixth pick and he went MIA so they skipped him and let Lujan picked a match against Gavin
They let everyone vote for Brooks' spot and put him with Nate Jackson
The last pick, Dean had the choice of switching with someone so he bumped Gavin against Rasheed and took his spot in the "4" seed spot.

It was weird that no one wanted to wrestle Rasheed. I would have likely picked him over the others for a match especially because it's early and you'd get maximum rest between matches.

Edited by BobDole

provisor wanting in has been discussed...

he could have saved this bracket...

as it stands, what gabe did last weekend makes it somewhat more interesting... if he drops MM in the finals then i suppose it will have all been worth it...

as an aside, gabe was feeling his age and inactivity at nationals... i'm not sure what he can do in 2 weeks to help this, but, he will surely have a leg up on gavin going in... 

1 hour ago, LJB said:

provisor wanting in has been discussed...

he could have saved this bracket...

as it stands, what gabe did last weekend makes it somewhat more interesting... if he drops MM in the finals then i suppose it will have all been worth it...

as an aside, gabe was feeling his age and inactivity at nationals... i'm not sure what he can do in 2 weeks to help this, but, he will surely have a leg up on gavin going in... 

If only Gabe Dean would listen to Kyle Dake he could be younger by the time this rolls around.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Agreed, the three weakest wrestlers in the bracket are all on the same side as Gabe.  

The bottom is going to be a blood bath.  I am taking Nate to come out of there because he got to the finals of the most recent senior nationals, but I'm not confident because he has the toughest road to win this thing.  

55 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed, the three weakest wrestlers in the bracket are all on the same side as Gabe.  

The bottom is going to be a blood bath.  I am taking Nate to come out of there because he got to the finals of the most recent senior nationals, but I'm not confident because he has the toughest road to win this thing.  

Gavin is the wild card in the top half. If this was 5 years ago I would be taking him. He does have the most credentials on the national scene and is the only one to be on a world team. No one else in the bracket has really challenged to be on a world team.

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Gavin is the wild card in the top half. If this was 5 years ago I would be taking him. He does have the most credentials on the national scene and is the only one to be on a world team. No one else in the bracket has really challenged to be on a world team.

I think he wins his first match, but I can't see him winning the entire tournament at his age and after being inactive from competition since 2015.

21 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think he wins his first match, but I can't see him winning the entire tournament at his age and after being inactive from competition since 2015.

If Dean wrestles like he did in the US Open finals he will give Gavin a shot. Gavin is very freestyle savvy and has some slick techniques that would surprise those guys. Gavin will have a longer rest time than anyone else so that will play in his favor.

56 minutes ago, BobDole said:

If Dean wrestles like he did in the US Open finals he will give Gavin a shot. Gavin is very freestyle savvy and has some slick techniques that would surprise those guys. Gavin will have a longer rest time than anyone else so that will play in his favor.

The best case scenario is that he beats Shak in the first round and Lujan upsets Gabe.  I could see Gavin making the finals under those circumstances.  However, it would be next to impossible for him to beat Shak, Gabe, and Nate/Myles in succession.  

Going out on a bit of a limb here, but was impressed or Shak for 4 minutes or so in that match against Brooks.  Thinking maybe his lungs will be better (maybe!)

Shak over Gavin /Dean over Lujuan/Jackson over Brooks (would have loved to see Brooks versus MyMar, remember Brooks killing him with hand-fighting in their college matches)/MyMar over Foster

Shak over Dean/MyMar over Jackson

MyMar over Shak

I hope when Flo gets the hang of hosting these Senior PPV tourneys that they step up the talent pool. I like the direction I think they are going, but I want more Beast of the East and less Scranton Holiday Invitational

13 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I hope when Flo gets the hang of hosting these Senior PPV tourneys that they step up the talent pool. I like the direction I think they are going, but I want more Beast of the East and less Scranton Holiday Invitational

Looks like, "the talent" didn't want the money...

Based on previous results you'd have to take Brooks on the bottom half with multiple wins over Jackson and Martin.

You can't really do that with the top half due to the wild cards in Gavin and Lujan (Lujan looked great this past year and likely would have won the NCAA title in my opinion).

When I originally heard about the bracket I thought Gavin would be in the finals. I think Dean might take it in the semis.

I could see Brooks beating Dean in the finals due to how long Dean has been out of freestyle competition and the likely high pace Brooks will bring.

Who do you guys see taking last place? Last still gets $1000 right?

I think Foster takes 7th over Rasheed depending on how the consolation bracket looks.

I think if Gavin is in shape, he wins this. I have no idea what his current training situation is, so that’s a pretty big if, but he has by far the best freestyle technique out of that group. He has that slick style like many foreign wrestlers and doesn’t need a huge gas tank...just enough to get by.