37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Except he isn't doing good.  I actually know several toons down at ATT in Coconut Creek.  Don't try to paint a picture that isn't there.

The guy is a clown, and is still seen as such.  He has a lot to peove before they accept him.  As of now they trust him as much as you can trust a fart in a $HlTstorm.

I hope he turns his life around.  For both his and your sake.

Crawl back under your rock.  He's made more in the past month than you've probably made in the last quarter. If you only knew what you're talking about. LOL

8 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

Crawl back under your rock.  He's made more in the past month than you've probably made in the last quarter. If you only knew what you're talking about. LOL

Again, quit spreading fake pompous crap.  Some of us want him to succeed without any sort of bias, and blind familial attachments.

Also I guarantee you he hasn't.  ;)

On 10/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, nhs67 said:

Again, quit spreading fake pompous crap.  Some of us want him to succeed without any sort of bias, and blind familial attachments.

Also I guarantee you he hasn't.  ;)

PD3 is really under your skin and I love it. LMAO

On 10/15/2020 at 8:31 PM, hammerlockthree said:

but as far as creds go rasheed is actually a pretty thin in free and folk compared to the field. 

If he had done everything he has done but wrestled for clarion, would he be in the event?

This is food for thought, I am not saying he sucks. 

I didn't mean to suggest I think he'd win based on his size because I don't think he will make it out of the first round. There could be a big "good" weight gap between him and Gavin but I would still expect Gavin to win even with the layoff, weight and age.

I agree Rasheed wouldn't be in this event if he'd wrestled for Clarion.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:06 AM, jchapman said:

Can you confirm that Ben Provisior wanted to enter the tournament, but was turned down?  This is just a rumor I have heard, it would be great to hear from the source what the real story is.

Or how about Joe Rau? He competes in everything freestyle/folkstyle/greco doesn't seem to matter. Could've been an interesting pigtail with all the points their matches have put up in greco.

7 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

I didn't mean to suggest I think he'd win based on his size because I don't think he will make it out of the first round. There could be a big "good" weight gap between him and Gavin but I would still expect Gavin to win even with the layoff, weight and age.

I agree Rasheed wouldn't be in this event if he'd wrestled for Clarion.

Or how about Joe Rau? He competes in everything freestyle/folkstyle/greco doesn't seem to matter. Could've been an interesting pigtail with all the points their matches have put up in greco.

Don't forget that Rau is 1-1 against PD2's boy.

18 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I'm not sure Shak would place top-5 in a NLWC/PSU in-house 195 tournament

Let's deduce a bit.  Assuming everyone who can 195 and under can enter.

Taylor

Nickal

Hall(still including him since he is at PSU taking classes)

Nolf

Joseph

Brooks

Starocci

Beard

Joe Lee

Berge

Bekzod

Gomez

Espinal

Only included 74kg and up guys.

Who does he beat more often than not out kd that group, in your opinion?  Just curious.

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Let's deduce a bit.  Assuming everyone who can 195 and under can enter.

Taylor

Nickal

Hall(still including him since he is at PSU taking classes)

Nolf

Joseph

Brooks

Starocci

Beard

Joe Lee

Berge

Bekzod

Gomez

Espinal

Only included 74kg and up guys.

Who does he beat more often than not out kd that group, in your opinion?  Just curious.

You left out Cael, Varner, Snyder, and Cunningham, who I all think can beat Shak right now.  However, I'm not sure that Varner and Snyder can make 195 anymore.

I think Taylor and Nickal would destroy him.  Bekzod, Gomez, Hall, Brooks, and Starroci would beat him too imo.  

A couple other names you left out that I would pick over Shak are Morgan McIntosh and Kyle Conel.

I think Espinal and Beard would be close matches.  If he beats Espinal it's because Espinal is too old and Beard because he is too young.  

Nolf, Joseph, and Zain are far superior wrestlers to Shak, but they might be too small.  

He did beat Cassar a couple years ago in the wrestle-off but that was before Cassar won NCAA's.  Cassar would beat him now, but can't make 195.  I also think Kerkvliet would beat Shak, but Kerk also can't make 195.

He would beat Berge, Joe Lee, and Verk.

55 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You left out Cael, Varner, Snyder, and Cunningham, who I all think can beat Shak right now.  However, I'm not sure that Varner and Snyder can make 195 anymore.

I think Taylor and Nickal would destroy him.  Bekzod, Gomez, Hall, Brooks, and Starroci would beat him too imo.  

A couple other names you left out that I would pick over Shak are Morgan McIntosh and Kyle Conel.

I think Espinal and Beard would be close matches.  If he beats Espinal it's because Espinal is too old and Beard because he is too young.  

Nolf, Joseph, and Zain are far superior wrestlers to Shak, but they might be too small.  

He did beat Cassar a couple years ago in the wrestle-off but that was before Cassar won NCAA's.  Cassar would beat him now, but can't make 195.  I also think Kerkvliet would beat Shak, but Kerk also can't make 195.

Does Conel still wrestle?  Based on what he did last year, I don't think he's beating Rasheed.   Of nhs's list, I'd say the only guys Rasheed probably beats are Nolf, Joseph, Beard, Lee, Berge, 

Edited by 1032004

On 10/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, nhs67 said:

Don't forget that Rau is 1-1 against PD2's boy.

Yes, they are 1-1 in freestyle but Rau also has the recent Rumble on the Rooftop Freestyle/Greco win.

If you think Downey could make the finals here based on him being our last world teamer near the weight you'd have to give Rau a similar shot. He puts on weight easy too.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, ShakaAloha said:

You're pretty harsh on him. I'd think you have to at least take him against retired people like McIntosh and Connel. Think he might be too big for Hall too and maybe big brother Brooks a bit. But I have now inside knowledge. We have seen Brooks against some common opponents like Venz and Sammy Brooks. 

9 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

Yes, they are 1-1 in freestyle but Rau also has the recent Rumble on the Rooftop Freestyle/Greco win.

If you think Downey could make the finals here based on him being our last world teamer near the weight you'd have to give Rau a similar shot. He puts on weight easy too.

I don't think he'd make the finals.  I think Dean would have chosen to wrestle him and I think Dean would have won.

13 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

You're pretty harsh on him. I'd think you have to at least take him against retired people like McIntosh and Connel. Think he might be too big for Hall too and maybe big brother Brooks a bit. But I have now inside knowledge. We have seen Brooks against some common opponents like Venz and Sammy Brooks. 

Brooks beat out Shak for the 184 spot last year, it's why he went up to 197.  Plus Brooks is better at freestyle, he's a big favorite over Shak there.

Hall is moving up to 86 kilos right? He's gaining weight and is a big favorite if so. 

Kyle Conel though, no chance the present day version of Conel beats an actively training Shak, legit zero.  He was too beat up to even finish his career and looked real bad when he did wrestle.  I don't think 10 months of not wrestling is going to make things any better. 

13 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

Yeah, I might have been a little harsh on Shak.  In your opinion, what place would he come in if NLWC/PSU held an in-house 195 tourney?

40 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Yeah, I might have been a little harsh on Shak.  In your opinion, what place would he come in if NLWC/PSU held an in-house 195 tourney?

What sort of bracket, who are the 8 men in the tourney, what actual weight?  Need details on what sort of 195 you're holding.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

I agree with most of your takes besides the undersized guys, McIntosh and Conel. I wasn't aware Brooks was the reason Rasheed went 197. If true you'd have to give the edge to Brooks even if Rasheed has a size advantage.

I would take Rasheed over the guys 2 weight classes below simply due to weight. Maybe not Hall either until he gets his weight up.

However, I also know smaller guys can do well bumped up a few weights as I've seen and experienced in practice rooms so I might be placing too much importance on it. Maybe Hall and Joseph with their great hips beat him too. 

It's unclear for me what a tournament might look like unless we see them matched up against each other or similar opponents.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What sort of bracket, who are the 8 men in the tourney, what actual weight?  Need details on what sort of 195 you're holding.

If the tournament were all the guys in the room that can make 195 lbs., I think it would be seeded as follows:

1. Cael
2. DT
3. Bo
4. Bekzod?  Espinal?

Even with out Cael and Casey, I think this would be a really interesting event that people would pay to watch.

Who from your original list do you think Shak could beat?  

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

If the tournament were all the guys in the room that can make 195 lbs., I think it would be seeded as follows:

1. Cael
2. DT
3. Bo
4. Bekzod?  Espinal?

Even with out Cael and Casey, I think this would be a really interesting event that people would pay to watch.

You think Bekzod that just lost to Massa beats Cenzo and Nolf, let alone Hall?

Cael doesn't make 195 right now for this tournament(my opinion).

Right now I think a healthy Shak beats all but Hall, Nickal, and Taylor more often than not.

Shak didn't go 197 because Brooks beat him.  He went 197 because him at 197 and Brooks at 184 gave them a better peak tournament team than Shak at 184 and Brooks at 197.

I also give Brooks, Starocci, and Nolf real chances against Shak.

14 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

1. Cael
2. DT
3. Bo
4. Bekzod?  Espinal?

Is Cael stepping on the scale with only one foot?

On 9/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, hammerlockthree said:

easy answer, no. we were all waiting on nickal, cox, taylor....and yes even hoping downey would show up just to get killed.

"to get killed"? That's funny, considering he's beaten Dean, Martin, Foster, and Brooks. :)  Without Taylor, Nickal, or Downey, who really cares about this **** show?

On 9/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

It has nothing to do with a sanctioning body. Last week CP made it clear on FRL that his lack of USAW membership had nothing to do with PDIII not being welcome.

CP expanded on that this morning on FRL. He went through the timeline of support that Flo showed to PDIII. That included the statement that there has not been a more supportive media entity of PDIII than Flo. They view PDIII the person as endearing and PDIII the social media entity as doing himself no favors. Prominent coaches even contacted them to tell them not to get involved with PDIII. But they pushed forward with films, paying him to appear at Who's Number One, and including him on their initial Flo card.

What really set CP off, and the stated reason for not including PDIII this time, was that two weeks prior to the event PDIII tweeted he was withdrawing because there were no woman's or greco matches 3 days after going to war with women's wrestling. They were angry that two weeks before their first event they were having to replace him in their main event. That kind of instability means they have no desire to go down that road again.

So basically, Flo feels betrayed after showing loyalty that was not shown back.

Withdrew for supporting women's and greco, but then went to war with the women? I must be missing something.......