Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

HWC is getting in on the fun

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the crypto thing is both incredibly overplayed by this board already and also what makes the platform so attractive.

in short, you don't know what you're talking about. 

I said I was willing to be part of it if I get live wrestling. I don't care that much about what happens on the back end. If I get good live wrestling in return for $9.99 per month, I'm willing to pay.

3 hours ago, IronChef said:

I said I was willing to be part of it if I get live wrestling. I don't care that much about what happens on the back end. If I get good live wrestling in return for $9.99 per month, I'm willing to pay.

What if Cael, and other big name coaches started putting out a lot of specific content regarding the team, the sport and other pertinent subjects?

Is it just me or would that change the landscape? I think its waiting to happen, wrestling is laden with things which are taboo in any other circumstance and I think that has inspired a lot of unnecessary secrecy.

Edited by hammerlockthree

36 minutes ago, IronChef said:

If Cael opens up the vault and shares the secret sauce, I'm in. I think you're more likely to get the original recipe for Coke, than to get a real look behind the curtain.

For sure, I'm just saying these programs can market themselves with knowledge that is pedestrian in D1 coaching circles and startling to most fans.

They don't have to talk about the most f'd up thing they made a kid do to make weight.

PS there is no secret sauce.

Edited by hammerlockthree

17 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the crypto thing is both incredibly overplayed by this board already and also what makes the platform so attractive.

Why is that?  Because Martin is just creating the currency he pays out in, do you get more?

On 9/25/2020 at 10:32 AM, Husker_Du said:

in short, you don't know what you're talking about. 

We are only basing our opinions off of the info provided publicly-that all payouts to content producers are in crypto. If that’s not the case, please feel free to correct the record. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

32 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

First two matches were announced

Eierman vs. Khinchegashvili

Kemerer vs. Gantt

Two solid matches featuring guys with interesting styles.  Khich obviously a big favorite over Eierman, but I'm at least interested in seeing it.

cant they do better than Gantt?

14 hours ago, Columbia_Lou said:

cant they do better than Gantt?

Not sure what's wrong with Tommy Gantt for Kemerer's first freestyle match in years.  Looking at the US ranking from Flo, he's 9th on their domestic rankings.  Above him you have Burroughs, Dake, Martinez (hurt), Green, Nolf, Massa, Joseph, and Lewis.  I can't imagine any of those guys other than Martinez, Green, or Lewis, being interested in doing this with the HWC, and Martinez is hurt and I think Brands avoids doing any business at all, if he can help it, with Va. Tech.

Edited by VakAttack

On 9/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, hammerlockthree said:

For sure, I'm just saying these programs can market themselves with knowledge that is pedestrian in D1 coaching circles and startling to most fans.

They don't have to talk about the most f'd up thing they made a kid do to make weight.

PS there is no secret sauce.

Kung Fu Panda taught us that. 

50 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

I think the first two matches will be good competitive matches.  JMO

Gantt has had a few competitive matches with Massa and Lewis, so if this is at 74 color me pink.

I don't tink the JE that got blown own by Nick Lee makes this competitive.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Serious question.

I read the white paper on the coin and how it works. I get the theory. But every time I look at the pricing I see things like 24 hour high low of 0.75/0.59 (27% spread) or 7 day high low of 1.08/0.62 (76% spread). 

So the question is, how do they determine the exchange rate when paying you, and what has been your experience about slippage from that rate when you try to turn them back into dollars (assuming you have tried)?

Shocking that willie hasn’t answered this

(just kidding)

23 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

haha. i'll just say this - it's a whole heckuva lot less complicated than some want to make it out to be. 

Willies definition of less complicated:

martin: “willie just trust me man, crypto is the future, just look at novogratz and bitcoin. You’re getting in on the ground floor of rokfin and RAE - you’re going to be rich!”

willie: “alright Martin sounds good to me”

lol. ya. sure. 

idk what you guys are looking for. an essay on how it all works? which will lead to more questions and more explanations.

nah, considering you're being a bunch of douchers, i'll pass and just read your posts making suppositions with great surety about what you admit you don't understand. 

The Board: "I don't understand how it works. Willie's a dick for not explaining it."

Willie: "It's not that complicated"

The Board: "I'm totally confident this is a scam"