Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

HWC is getting in on the fun

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

lol. ya. sure. 

idk what you guys are looking for. an essay on how it all works? which will lead to more questions and more explanations.

nah, considering you're being a bunch of douchers, i'll pass and just read your posts making suppositions with great surety about what you admit you don't understand. 

The Board: "I don't understand how it works. Willie's a dick for not explaining it."

Willie: "It's not that complicated"

The Board: "I'm totally confident this is a scam"

You have mis-characterized my question completely.

4 hours ago, IronChef said:

I think the matchups so far are fairly compelling, though it appears to be less a "Hawkeye Wrestling Club" event and more "here, come watch the Iowa lineup before January" event. This is not a complaint.

Which kinds begs the secondary topic..is the HWC roster all that compelling?  I mean outside of Lee, do they have anyone we’d consider a strong ‘21 national team contender?  

Edited by Lurker

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Which kinds begs the secondary topic..is the HWC roster all that compelling?  I mean outside of Lee, do they have anyone we’d consider a strong national team contender?  

Guys like Eierman, Lugo, Marinelli, Kemerer, and Warner could push to make national teams down the road, but Spencer is definitely on a different level. We'll have a better idea where they're at after this event.

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Guys like Eierman, Lugo, Marinelli, Kemerer, and Warner could push to make national teams down the road, but Spencer is definitely on a different level. We'll have a better idea where they're at after this event.

Sorry I didn’t clarify, but I meant at this upcoming trials. I’ll edit. 

They also announced three more matches, pretty stout card so far:

Sarah Hildebrandt vs. Erin Golston

Precious Bell vs. Jordan Nelson

Anthony Cassioppi vs. Nick Gwiazdowski

19 hours ago, IronChef said:

I think the matchups so far are fairly compelling, though it appears to be less a "Hawkeye Wrestling Club" event and more "here, come watch the Iowa lineup before January" event. This is not a complaint.

I'm pretty sure every athlete on the Iowa college roster would be wrestling under the HWC banner if allowed, and after college they almost definitely will if they decide to keep competing.

Keeps getting better and better.  This is a great stylistic match-up--DeSanto vs. Meredith.  The guy with a motor and total neutral offense versus the scrambling defensive wizard!  Meredith was tough to finish on.   Has DeSanto wrestled much freestyle?  I don't care who they match up with next, the card is already awesome.  

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I'm thinking we may see Lee-Colon.  It makes sense and Colon is trying to compete everywhere 

Lee-Gross would be interesting too. The one thing to keep in mind is that Lee walks around at 130 lbs after a big meal and both Colon and Gross are huge right now, so they might not be able to agree on a weight class.

They're waiting to announce Lee.  We'll see Murin VS someone like Dardenes next.  Just to 'disappoint' us a little bit.  Or perhaps Nelson Brands/Abe Assad vs Wick or McFadden.

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Gantt-Kemerer is probably a pick'em right now, given Kemerer's presumed size advantage.

Despite Kemererer's last freestyle match being in or around the year 1846?

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He looks good for his age. I might need to talk to him about how he keeps chugging along.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

They're waiting to announce Lee.  We'll see Murin VS someone like Dardenes next.  Just to 'disappoint' us a little bit.  Or perhaps Nelson Brands/Abe Assad vs Wick or McFadden.

I think it's going to be Lugo v. Oliver.

Assad has a good age group resume and I thought he would be a sacrificial lamb if the rest of the card was any indication. But then realized it's not going to be anyone in the Flo bracket, it's not going to be NLWC (Taylor o Bo) or CKWC (Ringer, Massa), -34596% chance Brands lets PD3 sniff a fart twenty miles from the arena, so does Assad even have a match unless it's with Sammy Brooks? Maybe Mike Mach since Gwiz is also coming?

Edited by bnwtwg

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Assad has a good age group resume and I thought he would be a sacrificial lamb if the rest of the card was any indication. But then realized it's not going to be anyone in the Flo bracket, it's not going to be NLWC (Taylor o Bo) or CKWC (Ringer, Massa), -34596% chance Brands lets PD3 sniff a fart twenty miles from the arena, so does Assad even have a match unless it's with Sammy Brooks? Maybe Mike Mach since Gwiz is also coming?

Warner-Macch maybe?

Hidlay maybe? McFadden also going 86 next weekend too...

22 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think it's going to be Lugo v. Oliver.

Unless Oliver has gotten his weight under control he's too big.

Lugo is one of those guys who hovers around 150 all year.  Oliver looked bigger (yes shorter) than Nolf.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Unless Oliver has gotten his weight under control he's too big.

Lugo is one of those guys who hovers around 150 all year.  Oliver looked bigger (yes shorter) than Nolf.

Ended up being Kolodzik, but I was guessing Oliver based on some twitter chatter between the two in the last couple days and Oliver posting things that made me feel like he had a match booked.