Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

HWC is getting in on the fun

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Ended up being Kolodzik, but I was guessing Oliver based on some twitter chatter between the two in the last couple days and Oliver posting things that made me feel like he had a match booked. 

Oliver V Young or Brands or Murin?

41 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I don’t think any of those would be interesting.

Me either.

The point of it was to be announce a dull one right before they knock it out of the park wit ha Lee announcement.

43 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I don’t think any of those would be interesting.

Also in actuality, I would prefer any of those matches to Lee VS Sanders.

Lee VS Sanders is not compelling in any way, shape, or form.

Meh.  Every single other match is more compelling (to me).

Agree.  Love Sanders style but he has been a top 8-10 gatekeeper for the better part of a decade now.  They are equally sized and Sanders smaller size probably is the only thing keeping him from climbing the ladder.

Would be very surprised if it isn't 10-0 in the 1st.

10 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

If Sanders is the guy they went with, I wonder how many other guys they contacted who couldnt or wouldnt come at 57kg.

Going off the Flo Rankings
1    Thomas Gilman- would be great, but likely said no
2    Daton Fix - suspended
4    Joe Colon- likely couldn't agree on a weight
5    Seth Gross- likely couldn't agree on a weight
6    Vito Arujau- ?
7    Nick Suriano- weight possibly, also marches to his own beat
8    Nathan Tomasello- ?
9    Nahshon Garrett- likely weight
10    Zane Richards- likely weight

The only ones that would not have possibly weight issues would be Arujau and Tomasello. Most of the top 10 are 61kg during off years.

I'm pretty sure Gilman said he asked Lee to come to NLWC and they said no.  So I doubt he would have said no to this one, but admittedly only a guess.

Tomasello retired

You bring  up a good point about weight, maybe Iowa wanted them to weigh in at 57.  That would eliminate a lot of people and would be one of the few reasons I could see a total gamer like Zane Richards saying no.

23 hours ago, Gantry said:

I'm pretty sure Gilman said he asked Lee to come to NLWC and they said no.  So I doubt he would have said no to this one, but admittedly only a guess.

Tomasello retired

You bring  up a good point about weight, maybe Iowa wanted them to weigh in at 57.  That would eliminate a lot of people and would be one of the few reasons I could see a total gamer like Zane Richards saying no.

Lee wouldn't accept a challenge from Gilman?  I wouldn't be surprised by that.  I would be mildly surprised if Gilman were invited to IC.  If he were invited, I'd be very surprised if Gilman declined. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, Gantry said:

Where were you pretty sure you heard this?

Don't you think the struggle could be over where the match occurs, in which case he obviously would say no if invited? 

I think they would have been better off making it a Hawkeyes vs the rest of the world thing like NLWC did.  Same college wrestlers going against each other makes it hard to know who to root for and decreases the level of excitement IMO. Kinda like when Serena played Venus. Who do you root for?

17 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

I think they would have been better off making it a Hawkeyes vs the rest of the world thing like NLWC did.  Same college wrestlers going against each other makes it hard to know who to root for and decreases the level of excitement IMO. Kinda like when Serena played Venus. Who do you root for?

Not only that but it's also going to be against folks they've been rolling with for a good while.

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How quickly we go from "dying to see some competition" to.......

I'll be watching.  Bank on it.