Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

HWC is getting in on the fun

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah that’s what I was referring to, thanks.  There seemed to be a little bit of time between the exposure and when he got on top, but no clue what is determined as “the same action” (or whatever the correct wording is)

McKee never scored a reversal and they stayed down on the mat the whole time. If they had ended back up on their feet at some point during the scramble, sometimes they'll award another 2.

Lee over Sanders FALL

Gomez loses to Golston 10-0

DeSanto  loses to Meredith 11-3

Eierman over Khinchegashvilli 4-1

Lugo over Kolodzik 7-2

Green over Marinelli 5-4

Bell over Nelson 9-0

Kem loses to Gantt 10-6

Gwiz over Cass 10-0

Khinch looked out of it against eirman.  He looked so good against yianni idk what happened.  I wish desanto was more experienced in freestyle and that would have been an even better match.  overall great event.  bryce meredith told everyone they MUST PAY for wrestling lol.    At least it had some production value with the moving camera(cant remember what they call it)

My thoughts

Price was a little high, however I'm glad to pay to watch wrestling.

Many of the Iowa guys got out-freestyled tonight. 

Refereeing was about a C+, lots of bad calls.

Ironside hasn't watched a freestyle match since 2010 and Sparks was scared to correct him.

Eirman winning was truly the only surprise here.

I did think Marinelli would have too much size and power on Green, but as someone already eluded: Iowa got out-freestyled.

Kemerererrrer looked TST, so I am curious what weight he intends to go after college(if that is in the books for him).  Gantt is damned tough, but not a big 74 guy(and McFadden beat him a couple months ago).

Gwiz seems to steamroll everyone that he should beat comfortably.

I thought Kemerer and Marinelli looked good besides the freestyle mistakes. I think they'll be really good once they switch over full time.

Lugo and Eierman looked tough too.

They all came in without much rust showing. Even Cassioppi was able to slow down Gwiz for the first period. Didn't Gwiz tech Gadson in the first a few weeks back?

17 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I think I know the sequence you are referring to.  He had already scored 2 exposure and then secured the "takedown."  That was scored correctly.  I am not sure of the exact wording, but you can only score once for the same action.

Also, is this rule not contradictory to being able to score 10 points in 10 seconds off consecutive laces/guts?

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Also, is this rule not contradictory to being able to score 10 points in 10 seconds off consecutive laces/guts?

once the defensive man has returned to a defensible position, it is not the same action...

7 hours ago, jp157 said:

Isn’t the whole reason we have our referee training and ranking system to prevent a night of bad calls like this?

This was not the Olympic trials of even an event on the USA calendar.  A moderately high profile exhibition that did not demand filtration through the bottleneck of top officials in the country.  I don't know how referees were selected or assigned to this event, but it was likely just a few phone calls to secure some reasonably high-ranked referees.

Probably my more important point, but just like wrestlers, referees need repetitions.  While wrestlers can get reps in a garage with a single partner during a nationwide quarantine, the referees have had a solitary event since March.

9 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

This was not the Olympic trials of even an event on the USA calendar.  A moderately high profile exhibition that did not demand filtration through the bottleneck of top officials in the country.  I don't know how referees were selected or assigned to this event, but it was likely just a few phone calls to secure some reasonably high-ranked referees.

Probably my more important point, but just like wrestlers, referees need repetitions.  While wrestlers can get reps in a garage with a single partner during a nationwide quarantine, the referees have had a solitary event since March.

i have been at tourney's all over this country since june...

there were refs at every one of them...

just an FYI...

Just now, gimpeltf said:

But not likely those refs. 

Just an FYI!

i have no clue who reffed the event...

i have no clue how "bad" the calls actually were...

what i do know is that history has shown that most of the "bad" calls as cited on this bbs is more a function of "fan" ignorance...