Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

Mike Novogratz - Beat the Streets and Flo

Recommended Posts

With Michael Novogratz funding civil disruption and anarchy in our streets, Cael Sanderson endorsing Rokfin, there seems to be a lot of pressure on Flowrestling to up their game if they are to stay afloat. In one way I see the new landscape as bringing competition to wrestling media and exposure, but on the other hand I think that some of the so called ambassadors of our sport are exposed in ways that are not helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, skikayaker said:

All of these are just reporting on what Tucker Carlson said. Do you have anything about the actual claims you are making or just going by what he has to say on this because these are some pretty serious accusations you are throwing out here. Whats next? You gonna find some tweets to back it all up?

Yikes!

 

Edited by Drake_Mallard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

All of these are just reporting on what Tucker Carlson said. Do you have anything about the actual claims you are making or just going by what he has to say on this? 

Yikes!

 

Tucker has the #1 rated show in prime time television, but the local Courier Journal in KY, and USA Today both acknowledge the Bail Project as being one of two bail organizations that have raised over $16-Million in donated funds to bail out criminals playing off the emotions of civil unrest. Novogratz is the leader of the Bail Project, and one of the ambassadors of wrestling and founding members of Beat the Streets. It's not a good optic. But I encourage you to do your own research. I'm not your assistant. I provided a foundation here for further review. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/26/louisville-groups-bailing-out-hundreds-breonna-taylor-protesters-want-reform/3535459001/

Edited by skikayaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skikayaker said:

Tucker has the #1 rated show in prime time television

Tiger King was also a huge success, yet Im not buying any tigers....

The USA today piece makes more of an arguement FOR the bail project than against it.

4 minutes ago, skikayaker said:

It's not a good optic. But I encourage you to do your own research. I'm not your assistant.

No, but you made the claim. Its not unreasonable to ask for you to defend it. I was just wondering if you were talking from your mouth or your rear..... clearly the latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are facts and there are conclusions.

Yes, he's the chairman of the Bail Project.

The Bail Project, Inc. is a non-profit organization designed to combat mass incarceration by disrupting the money bail system ‒ one person at a time. We believe that paying bail for someone in need is an act of resistance against a system that criminalizes race and poverty and an act of solidarity with local communities and movements for decarceration. Over the next five years, The Bail Project will open dozens sites in high-need jurisdictions with the goal of paying bail for tens of thousands of low-income Americans, all while collecting stories and data that prove money bail is not necessary to ensure people return to court. We won’t stop until meaningful change is achieved and the presumption of innocence is no longer for sale.

What TC says otherwise is a conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

There are facts and there are conclusions.

Yes, he's the chairman of the Bail Project.

The Bail Project, Inc. is a non-profit organization designed to combat mass incarceration by disrupting the money bail system ‒ one person at a time. We believe that paying bail for someone in need is an act of resistance against a system that criminalizes race and poverty and an act of solidarity with local communities and movements for decarceration. Over the next five years, The Bail Project will open dozens sites in high-need jurisdictions with the goal of paying bail for tens of thousands of low-income Americans, all while collecting stories and data that prove money bail is not necessary to ensure people return to court. We won’t stop until meaningful change is achieved and the presumption of innocence is no longer for sale.

What TC says otherwise is a conclusion.

Yes, but he is the #1 rated show on primetime cable so he has to be right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, skikayaker said:

Tucker has the #1 rated show in prime time television...

Maybe the #1 rated cable news show, but not even close to the #1 show on TV

 

image.thumb.png.2f08fbfe6de1bc166bbb49fd529e8a52.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Maybe the #1 rated cable news show, but not even close to the #1 show on TV

 

image.thumb.png.2f08fbfe6de1bc166bbb49fd529e8a52.png

Its not news:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/judge-rules-fox-news-tucker-carlson-not-source-of-news-defamation-suit-mcdougal-trump.html

The federal judge, Mary Kay Vyskocil, who herself was appointed to the federal bench by Trump nine months ago, dismissed the case, citing Carlson’s First Amendment protections. That is, Vyskocil bought the argument Fox News was pushing that Carlson is, first and foremost, not a provider of “the news” as we know it, or “facts” as we commonly understand them, and his audience knows this.

Someone forgot to let @skikayaker in on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Novogratz is on CNBC all the time. He has millions if not billions invested in Bitcoin. He wants anarchy and the markets to crash to reap his investment...that much is clear.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

He wants anarchy and the markets to crash to reap his investment...that much is clear.

Source? Haha

Ben Askren is also in crypto. Therefore he is an anarchist.

Jeez guys, lay off the facebook and fox news. 

I feel like I could get a couple of you guys to buy anything. All that it takes is to float an idea, and then convince you the absence of any evidence for it not to be true is enough to make it true. 

Edited by Drake_Mallard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Novogratz is on CNBC all the time. He has millions if not billions invested in Bitcoin. He wants anarchy and the markets to crash to reap his investment...that much is clear.

Ah, yes. The super rich of society are famous for their anarchism and disdain for the social order they sit atop. I am very smart and know what these words mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Its not news:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/judge-rules-fox-news-tucker-carlson-not-source-of-news-defamation-suit-mcdougal-trump.html

The federal judge, Mary Kay Vyskocil, who herself was appointed to the federal bench by Trump nine months ago, dismissed the case, citing Carlson’s First Amendment protections. That is, Vyskocil bought the argument Fox News was pushing that Carlson is, first and foremost, not a provider of “the news” as we know it, or “facts” as we commonly understand them, and his audience knows this.

Someone forgot to let @skikayaker in on this. 

As I scrolled, I was hoping someone didn't beat me to this. Tucker's Show didn't even qualify as news in a court of law lol. Ironically, this ruling helped him escape liability for his on air disinformation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow are a match made in Heaven.  

Lol Maddow lost her mind post-2016. Went from a well-respected journalist with standard liberal sensibilities to an Alex Jones conspiracy theorist that sees the Russians around every corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything about Novagratz is shady....his wife used to run a shady non profit that has teamed up with the Clinton foundation for shady projects in Haiti and Africa. When the social justice movement started reaching wrestling novagratz was all over twitter taking about how wrestling is racist and we need to do better, just stirring **** up from his ivory tower. 
 

the bail project has literally bailed out rapists, arsonists and a man who was arrested for beating his wife and threatening to kill her, he was bailed out and then he went home and made good on his promise. 
 

It doesn’t strike any of you novagratz defenders that’s it’s odd a billionaire is raising tons of money to bail out people throwing bricks at cops and trying to burn down police stations.

pretty wild you people will blindly defend a guy who if you were drowning he would walk away instead of throwing you a life vest just because you hate tucker Carlson. 
 

wrestling should have distanced themselves from this guy awhile ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

As I scrolled, I was hoping someone didn't beat me to this. Tucker's Show didn't even qualify as news in a court of law lol. Ironically, this ruling helped him escape liability for his on air disinformation.

That’s not true at all. The judge said that it’s well known he speaks in hyperbole and is known to exaggerate when making a point, not that he isn’t news or spreading disinformation.

fun fact... no major news network can be sued for lying because in the 2012 defense act bill they slipped in a provision lifting the law that made it illegal for news stations to spread propaganda  which had been the case since McCarthism.

so for all you cnn watchers that say there is no fake news, your wrong 

and for the fox watchers who scream “see trump was right about fake news “ Your wrong too bc he could have signed an EO at any time in the last 4 years putting the law back in place and instead he just sends angry tweets about it

 

so if everyone is done arguing politics and complaining about tucker Carlson, can we get back to the point that novagratz is shady and shouldn’t be around wrestling before this thread gets shut down by you overly political people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

That’s not true at all. The judge said that it’s well known he speaks in hyperbole and is known to exaggerate when making a point, not that he isn’t news or spreading disinformation.

fun fact... no major news network can be sued for lying because in the 2012 defense act bill they slipped in a provision lifting the law that made it illegal for news stations to spread propaganda  which had been the case since McCarthism.

so for all you cnn watchers that say there is no fake news, your wrong 

and for the fox watchers who scream “see trump was right about fake news “ Your wrong too bc he could have signed an EO at any time in the last 4 years putting the law back in place and instead he just sends angry tweets about it

 

so if everyone is done arguing politics and complaining about tucker Carlson, can we get back to the point that novagratz is shady and shouldn’t be around wrestling before this thread gets shut down by you overly political people 

This is, ahem, wrong.  You can read the opinion yourself, it's public record.  It states "[t]his 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topices he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary."  Fox persuasively argues...that given Mr. Carlson's reputation any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."  I have removed the legal citations to make it easier to understand.

https://www.sdnyblog.com/files/2020/09/2020.09.24-McDougal-v.-Fox-Opinion-Dismissing-Case.pdf

Edited by VakAttack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the man on the television said the rich man is bad! He’s the reason my life sucks and not my own poor choices. 
 

Novogratz’s only sin is that he wants to be the center of attention. For all the good he has done for the sport, I don’t have any problem with it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Please elaborate on these shady Haitian projects.  Can’t wait.

 

The usual non profit scams, disaster happens, go in “to help” millions of dollars are either raised or allocated for relief, then the money gets moved around until people stop paying attention then they leave, the place they are supposed to be helping remains exactly the same as when they got there ,Then they all go home with some extra capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

But the man on the television said the rich man is bad! He’s the reason my life sucks and not my own poor choices. 
 

Novogratz’s only sin is that he wants to be the center of attention. For all the good he has done for the sport, I don’t have any problem with it at all.

The dude is helping bail out rapists and you think someone on tv influenced my opinion of him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...