Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Can Dake win 4 titles at 4 weights?

If he keeps growing of course he can.

He is a 2 time champ so there is no question of his ability.

But I will take DT in a match over him right now. Obviously Dake has the edge in creds but I am going with the smell test on this one so sue me.

After his 3rd title he could take a redshirt to bulk up to 165 and win his 4th.

Since he attends an Ivy League school, he can't take a redshirt. He can use an Olympic RS next year in Greco, but I doubt he does that. Expect him to be at 157 next year, though, you're right on with that.

It would be interesting, sincei f he keep growing it seems like he'd inevitably run into David Taylor and possibly Andrew Howe.

Howe has one year left, if Dake "keeps going up" it wouldn't matter when people are gone. Taylor is also expected to go up next year and then beyond.

157 is the most cleared out weight class for next year, so perfect for Dake to move in to.

It would be interesting, sincei f he keep growing it seems like he'd inevitably run into David Taylor and possibly Andrew Howe.

Howe has one year left, if Dake "keeps going up" it wouldn't matter when people are gone. Taylor is also expected to go up next year and then beyond.

157 is the most cleared out weight class for next year, so perfect for Dake to move in to.

Most people seem to be operating under the assumption that HOwe will be taking an Oly RS.

Since he attends an Ivy League school, he can't take a redshirt. He can use an Olympic RS next year in Greco, but I doubt he does that. Expect him to be at 157 next year, though, you're right on with that.

Sure he can. Just take a year out of competition.

Leen managed to take a year off, heal, get stronger and then come back and finish out his eligibility. They may not call it a " red shirt " in the mossy league but if it quacks, swims has webbed feet, feathers and a flat bill, some may try and call it a sparrow but it sure sounds like a duck. I would look for Dake to take a year long sabbatical of some sort ( call it anything but " redshirt " ) from Cornell then come back older and stronger.

Yes, alot of talent is clearing out.

That should make it a full breeze again. The kid is lucky.

Look smart a$$, winning won title let alone 4 titles, has to have alot of things be in place, can Dake win 4 titles I'm saying that yes, because, alot of talent, guys who I simply think he could not beat or rather have a pretty good shot of beating him are graduating. If Caldwell wasn't injured, Dake isn't winning any title, this year. If guys like Burroughs, Jenkins, Fittery, etc ... had more eligibility then he'd have a harder chance to get a title. I'm just saying the road will be easier.

Yes, alot of talent is clearing out.

That should make it a full breeze again. The kid is lucky.

Look smart a$$, winning won title let alone 4 titles, has to have alot of things be in place, can Dake win 4 titles I'm saying that yes, because, alot of talent, guys who I simply think he could not beat or rather have a pretty good shot of beating him are graduating. If Caldwell wasn't injured, Dake isn't winning any title, this year. If guys like Burroughs, Jenkins, Fittery, etc ... had more eligibility then he'd have a harder chance to get a title. I'm just saying the road will be easier.

Hey. Two years of this nonsense now. It's my turn to talk nonsense.

The kid's road of luck is looking brighter than ever. He is the worst true sophomore, 2x national champion EVER.

If grass hoppers had machine guns birds wouldn't eat them. Give the guy his props and a shot at winning next season first. How many have even won at 2 wgts as a true Fr and Soph? Has anyone ever won at 3 wgts?

Luck is important but the guy is 64-4 over 2 years. Too much to call it luck. He beat Marion, Humpfrey, Jones, Ciasulli, Shravien Thorn, Bailey, Lindsey and Krom in 9-10 and this season Mason, Molinaro 2X, Nauman Parks and Sanjaa. Anyone who wanted him could have moved in. The other side of your coin is that the reason 49 was so weak was everyone was running from Dake. Course that is just as wrong as some of your opinions. I can't wait for next season when he and DT both move up and all the trash talk that will cause.

I think it is particularly hard for fanboy (Acadia) to accept that Caldwell will forever be a 1xer. He hates it so much that he has to come on here and use statements like IF to diminish other wrestlers careers and achievements. Wasn't it you that said that 60-70% of Caldwell is good enough to destroy everyone at nationals?! Feel sorry for ya mate. I know it probably has to sting a bit. Please, have enough decency to come on here and post and not diminish other individual's achievements at every opportunity you get.