Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Can Dake win 4 titles at 4 weights?

I'm not sure if he'd be 2-1 vs Ali, but I'm pretty sure both of them would have died from exhaustion. I have to admit, man, my generation are ninny's. 110 degree weather and 15 rd fights. Man and today we can't get Mayweather to fight Pacquia for $100 million purse, in air conditioned arena's, and only for 12 rounds, with 1 minute in between round breaks catered by Emeril.

I'm not sure if he'd be 2-1 vs Ali, but I'm pretty sure both of them would have died from exhaustion. I have to admit, man, my generation are ninny's. 110 degree weather and 15 rd fights. Man and today we can't get Mayweather to fight Pacquia for $100 million purse, in air conditioned arena's, and only for 12 rounds, with 1 minute in between round breaks catered by Emeril.

LOL! I agree that one or both of them may have actually died if they had gone another round. So, I'm glad they didn't - props to both great fighters. I was just messing with you, so I left off Ali's quote after the fight.

As for Ali, in typically modest fashion, he described his opponent as, "the greatest fighter of all time, next to me."

YOu are comparing him to guys who may have only 1 or 2 titles and will go down as all time greats, I think Dake can get there, will see, but he needs his Frazier to prove it. Either that or do something exceptional , people, don't talk about Pat Smith as being an all-time great even though he won 4 NCAA championships, is my point.

So you think in 15 years people will think of Caldwell, Burroughs and Jenkins more highly than Pat Smith? Really?

Kurgan, I have to be a stickler, as I am a pretty big football fan, and correct you on your statement that Walter Payton was the best ever.

Would you call Emmitt Smith the best ever, now that he has the record?

I think not. Most football historians believe Jim Brown and Barry Sanders to be better than Payton.

Holding the record and being the best aren't necessarily one and the same, this being a prime example.

I have also seen lists and arguments that Earl Campbell, Gayle Sayers and Eric Dickerson as being on the same level as Payton. They just didn't play as long as Payton.

Most would not call Barry Bonds the best baseball player of all time simply because he has the home run record.

YOu are comparing him to guys who may have only 1 or 2 titles and will go down as all time greats, I think Dake can get there, will see, but he needs his Frazier to prove it. Either that or do something exceptional , people, don't talk about Pat Smith as being an all-time great even though he won 4 NCAA championships, is my point.

So you think in 15 years people will think of Caldwell, Burroughs and Jenkins more highly than Pat Smith? Really?

Not Bubba, maybe not Caldwell, but 100% Burroughs! His dominance is just unreal, and it WILL NOT be forgotten in 15 years.

If Koll's so smart, how come Cornell came in 2nd after being ranked #1 all season? Koll knows significantly less than I.

WestPointerno-nothing. Please change your name or go off of this board. You REALLY give West Point a bad name. Also, Koll and Dake have done more in Jr. High School than you will ever do in your entire life and you know that. Just look in the mirror, repeat that to yourself, reflect, and realize that the most important thing to realize in life is when to speak and when to shut up. You, more than not, should do the latter. It will help you in life as from what you have posted, shows what you have to say is low class, shallow, simplistic, and vile. It shows your true self... maybe, like your name, you should think about changing that.

I certainly think of Pat Smith as an all-time great. Not THE All-time great, but he's on the 75th All-Time great team for a reason. He is the Jim Ryan of Wrestling. Not the greatest of all-time, but the guy that proved one of the toughest accomplishments of our time could actually be done.

Has Dake been drug tested? I believe he may be taking a neuro-active wonder drug that gives him access to his entire brain enabling him to far surpass the abilities of his non drug aided competitors.

He's known as "Dake the Duck" because he's been finding the weakest weight classes to compete in throughout his career. I agree with Scribe that his grandmother could beat him. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he resorted to self-slams or other questionable tactics to continue his winning ways.

Rumors abound that he is secretly being trained by the inimitable Mr. DF.

IMG_3495.jpg

He's known as "Dake the Duck" because he's been finding the weakest weight classes to compete in throughout his career. I agree with Scribe that his grandmother could beat him. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he resorted to self-slams or other questionable tactics to continue his winning ways.

IMG_3495.jpg

When has he ever Ducked anyone you child. You must know nothing of his NY experience, where he NEVER ducked anyone... in contrast he always went after people. Grow up and give us examples or shut up. He won NY several times, is a 2 X NCAA champ as a true soph. and YOU, you tool, have to put down a kid in college. What a child you really are. You should be ashamed of yourself. Shows your character--something you don't have. You sit behind your computer putting down kids... Dake is winning national titles.

I don't think Caldwell would have fared well against a healthy Corey Jantzen. Can you imagine if Schlatter never got hurt?

I don't know considering Caldwell be Schaub the oly representative in his first tournament in free style in almost 4 years, and the fact that he only did 2 years in free anyway, I would say yes, Caldwell could beat Jantzen. I think all those guys Caldwell, Metcalf, DS (when healthy), Burroughs, are all abetter than Jantzen. Heck DS as a frosh beat Zack Esposito worse than a Sr, Jantzen did. I have to agree if DS never got hurt he was going to be a beast, although, he wasn't hurt his sophomore year when he lsot to Gregor, so I don't know.

i dont know why people always say caldwell was inexperienced in freestyle.. i remember him being at blair camp and fargo after his 8th grade year even, and he definitely did freestyle a couple of years in high school. not that inexperienced in my opinion

a tad off topic but speaking of frazier I think it's was his manager yancy " yank" dutham who acually called the fight, it may have been on eddie futch's advice. frazier so under rated, he would have wrecked tyson in a in their primes match.

IMG_3495.jpg

When has he ever Ducked anyone you child. You must know nothing of his NY experience, where he NEVER ducked anyone... in contrast he always went after people. Grow up and give us examples or shut up. He won NY several times, is a 2 X NCAA champ as a true soph. and YOU, you tool, have to put down a kid in college. What a child you really are. You should be ashamed of yourself. Shows your character--something you don't have. You sit behind your computer putting down kids... Dake is winning national titles.

"Less is more" should be applied to your life. Less crack and more humor!!!

Jeez .... It's was a tongue in cheek post ... He was just kidding for Chriss Sake. Mellow out.

IMG_3495.jpg

Clues to look for in the usage of satire:

[*:1j7bkhg7]Poster claims wrestler is actively seeking out the weakest weight classes, but posts a picture of him as a young boy - suggesting that his movement up in weight is merely a part of the natural maturation process.
    [*:1j7bkhg7]Agrees with a poster who stated that his grandmother could beat Dake, although there have never been any known instances of anyone's grandmother defeating a 2x NCAA champion.
    [*:1j7bkhg7]Claims there are widespread rumors that Dake is secretly being trained by Mr. DF, without any evidence whatsoever to back up such an assertion.
    [*:1j7bkhg7]Poster thanks Mr. Wire for recognizing that his post was "tongue-in-cheek."

I certainly think of Pat Smith as an all-time great. Not THE All-time great, but he's on the 75th All-Time great team for a reason. He is the Jim Ryan of Wrestling. Not the greatest of all-time, but the guy that proved one of the toughest accomplishments of our time could actually be done.

I agree regarding Smith, and that's a really apt comparison. His name is Jim Ryun though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ryun

IMG_3495.jpg

[*:3iimdkma]Poster claims wrestler is actively seeking out the weakest weight classes, but posts a picture of him as a young boy - suggesting that his movement up in weight is merely a part of the natural maturation process.
    [*:3iimdkma]Agrees with a poster who stated that his grandmother could beat Dake, although there have never been any known instances of anyone's grandmother defeating a 2x NCAA champion.
    [*:3iimdkma]Claims there are widespread rumors that Dake is secretly being trained by Mr. DF, without any evidence whatsoever to back up such an assertion.
    [*:3iimdkma]Poster thanks Mr. Wire for recognizing that his post was "tongue-in-cheek."

I thought it was pretty clear you weren't taking a shot at Dake. Pun intended.

IMG_3495.jpg

[*:11epmbl0]Poster claims wrestler is actively seeking out the weakest weight classes, but posts a picture of him as a young boy - suggesting that his movement up in weight is merely a part of the natural maturation process.
    [*:11epmbl0]Agrees with a poster who stated that his grandmother could beat Dake, although there have never been any known instances of anyone's grandmother defeating a 2x NCAA champion.
    [*:11epmbl0]Claims there are widespread rumors that Dake is secretly being trained by Mr. DF, without any evidence whatsoever to back up such an assertion.
    [*:11epmbl0]Poster thanks Mr. Wire for recognizing that his post was "tongue-in-cheek."

...Well, you're still a child. Heck, your usage of satire is borderline infantile!

As Chad Ochocinco would say: child please!