Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Zeke Jones

4 hours ago, Gantry said:

Some weirdness in that match, love Zeke's bob and weave moves at the end. 

"You'd run to win a World Championship, too."- Larry "Zeke" Jones

I was at a camp and Zeke was narrating the match for the campers. Pretty awesome.

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

"You'd run to win a World Championship, too."- Larry "Zeke" Jones

I was at a camp and Zeke was narrating the match for the campers. Pretty awesome.

I have literally been a kid at camp and seen the same thing.

But I would say as an adult...narrating your world title match to a bunch of kids isn't a great move.

8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

But I would say as an adult...narrating your world title match to a bunch of kids isn't a great move.

I don't know, I thought it was pretty cool.  He was talking about working on that particular lace for Val.  Talked about some of the shadiness that happens internationally.  Things that went through his head during the match and what he did to  prepare for that one moment of his life.

I know of others who do this (yianni for one.) I think its an excellent teaching tool.

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why is that?

There may have been cheating, but neither wrestler can complain they were cheated in the amount of time they were given to turn each other on top. Can't help but think our Freestylers today would be better in par terre if they knew they got 45 seconds to turn someone or not get turned.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, NJDan said:

This Zeke Jones match against Jordanov is crazy. Zeke is so fast. There was so much cheating. And there is a creepy shot of John DuPont in the coach's corner.

How can Bobby Douglas and Joe Seay be in one corner, but Dupont has his own spot on the mat?????  Sick.....I think Zeke had more than 6 points after the last series.  Fadz

12 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

How can Bobby Douglas and Joe Seay be in one corner, but Dupont has his own spot on the mat?????  Sick.....I think Zeke had more than 6 points after the last series.  Fadz

DuPont was in Jordanov's corner, I believe.  Pretty sure he was in Val's corner in 95 Worlds, too. Regardless, if you look at the pics of him being arrested, he has a Team Bulgaria jacket on.  

On 10/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, hammerlockthree said:

On 10/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It happens all the time at camps. I've seen Banach, Schultz, and others do this. The kids and coaches seem to universally love it.  

3 hours ago, 77again said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It happens all the time at camps. I've seen Banach, Schultz, and others do this. The kids and coaches seem to universally love it.  

You can't bring yourself to say that there is a tiny itty bitty microscopic crumb of arrogance to it? Its an absolute, infallible, divine gift?

Of course they all have some arrogance. That's how they became the best in the world . They are at a camp selling themselves as an expert. That is why people went to their camp or clinic. Now does that make you feel better?