Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

NLWC Event 2.0

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Bubba is still not a fan of Cael

not blaming him, but him competing here does not mean he likes Cael

At no point did I say he liked Cael, but once again both of them put their differences aside to make it happen and to me that deserves kudos.

Quick takeaways 

Beard has serious potential, but if you gas in one match, how do you make it through NCAAs? 

Bartlett is gonna be good. Hope he starts this season. Definitely an AA contender. We will see

Kerk is a title contender. Gable and Parris are favorites against him, but that’s probably it. I want to see him vs Hilger. I am worried about his knee though against big heavys

Starocci is really good. It’s hard to say if he is a title contender as he hasn’t faced anyone in that level,  but I don’t think anyone would be surprised if he was top 3. 

5 minutes ago, Gantry said:

At no point did I say he liked Cael, but once again both of them put their differences aside to make it happen and to me that deserves kudos.

Bubba I think took the match to try to embarrass Cael. A win would’ve made Cael look bad. A loss in meaningless

Its a pretty good night for PSU when the most disappointing match was an incoming  197lbs. freshman wrestler only beating a 5th year top 10 wrestler by 1 point. 

Bartlett, Starocci, Kerkvliet, RBY, Verkleeren and even Barraclough (who I considered an underdog) all looked good. The reload is looking sweet. 

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

And against 4th place at 2019 team trials. Keeps getting better. 

Mack isn’t top 10 domestically. He lost a week ago to 12-4 to Sam Latona and 5-2 to Jakob Camacho. 

RBY should smash him and he did, but I wouldn’t take too much away from that match. 

with that said...RBY is excellent and has jumped levels I think. Im just not basing that on this match

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Quick takeaways 

Beard has serious potential, but if you gas in one match, how do you make it through NCAAs? 

Bartlett is gonna be good. Hope he starts this season. Definitely an AA contender. We will see

Kerk is a title contender. Gable and Parris are favorites against him, but that’s probably it. I want to see him vs Hilger. I am worried about his knee though against big heavys

Starocci is really good. It’s hard to say if he is a title contender as he hasn’t faced anyone in that level,  but I don’t think anyone would be surprised if he was top 3. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kerkvliet beat either Gable S. or Parris. He is so freaky athletic he might just be good enough.

Starocci faces Brooks every day. Used to face Mark Hall, and then there is every one else in that room. He is ready. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Mack isn’t top 10 domestically. He lost a week ago to 12-4 to Sam Latona and 5-2 to Jakob Camacho. 

RBY should smash him and he did, but I wouldn’t take too much away from that match. 

with that said...RBY is excellent and has jumped levels I think. Im just not basing that on this match

Fair. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kerkvliet beat either Gable S. or Parris. He is so freaky athletic he might just be good enough.

Starocci faces Brooks every day. Used to face Mark Hall, and then there is every one else in that room. He is ready. 

Fair

22 minutes ago, headshuck said:

So Roflkin said "free" so I registurd.  Now it looks like they meant "free for subscribers" and want $10 bucks.  Do I have this right?

What said free?   There is some stuff on there that is free, just not this.

24 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Barraclough was a favorite vs AA Kyle Shoop? 

Jason Nolf VS Bubba Jenkins

Jarod Verkleeren VS Brock Zacherl

Roman Bravo-Young VS Shelton Mack

Jaime Espinal VS Brett Pfarr

Greg Kerkvliet VS Demetrius Thomas

Carter Starocci VS Devin Skatzka

Beau Bartlett VS Bryce Meredith

Bekzod Abdurakhmonov VS Nestor Taffur

Jane Valencia VS Vayle-Rae Baker

Alejandra Romero VS Alexis Porter

Terrell Barraclough VS Kyle Shoop

Michael Beard VS Greg Bulsak

Skatzka, Thomas, and Verkleeren all had arguments to be considered favorites last night, despite the Penn State guy having won via techfall in each of those matches.  So I have it 7-5 as far as who the favorite(s) were in favor of the NLWC.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Jason Nolf VS Bubba Jenkins

Jarod Verkleeren VS Brock Zacherl

Roman Bravo-Young VS Shelton Mack

Jaime Espinal VS Brett Pfarr

Greg Kerkvliet VS Demetrius Thomas

Carter Starocci VS Devin Skatzka

Beau Bartlett VS Bryce Meredith

Bekzod Abdurakhmonov VS Nestor Taffur

Jane Valencia VS Vayle-Rae Baker

Alejandra Romero VS Alexis Porter

Terrell Barraclough VS Kyle Shoop

Michael Beard VS Greg Bulsak

Skatzka, Thomas, and Verkleeren all had arguments to be considered favorites last night, despite the Penn State guy having won via techfall in each of those matches.  So I have it 7-5 as far as who the favorite(s) were in favor of the NLWC.

Yeah, a couple few were probably "pick em" status. Shoop was a favorite in my mind. 

Edited by TBar1977

I re watched Kerkvliet's Rokfin match vs. Hemida. I then re watched his U23 matches from about a year ago. Couple of things stand out to me. Last year he was still wearing that brace from his prior knee injury and he looked somewhat tentative. There in no longer the knee brace and he does not look tentative. Looks the exact opposite in fact. He is going to be a tough customer.