Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

NLWC Event 2.0

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I re watched Kerkvliet's Rokfin match vs. Hemida. I then re watched his U23 matches from about a year ago. Couple of things stand out to me. Last year he was still wearing that brace from his prior knee injury and he looked somewhat tentative. There in no longer the knee brace and he does not look tentative. Looks the exact opposite in fact. He is going to be a tough customer. 

He has gotten used to it is all.  Tournaments will be tougher than duals for him.  The more fatigued he gets the higher chance he tweaks it.

Right now having no ACL it is essentially bone on bone.  He tweaks it and he's done for the day.  It'll recover quick enough to be able to be used, though. 

I went without an ACL for 8 years without knowing it(misdiagnosed).  Thinking I was just tweaking my knee a bit every time and I got used to it.  Good form with running(football) and not putting stress on lateral movements was fine until I got fatigued.

I think for these reasons Parris and Steveson are horrible matchups until proven otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He has gotten used to it is all.  Tournaments will be tougher than duals for him.  The more fatigued he gets the higher chance he tweaks it.

Right now having no ACL it is essentially bone on bone.  He tweaks it and he's done for the day.  It'll recover quick enough to be able to be used, though. 

I went without an ACL for 8 years without knowing it(misdiagnosed).  Thinking I was just tweaking my knee a bit every time and I got used to it.  Good form with running(football) and not putting stress on lateral movements was fine until I got fatigued.

I think for these reasons Parris and Steveson are horrible matchups until proven otherwise.

It is possible to compete athletically without an ACL. Others have done it. I think a lot goes into it insofar as building up everything around that knee, including all the way up thru the glutes and hips. I guess only time will tell for any given athlete. Nice to see Kerkvliet moving so fluidly given his injury, whatever it exactly was. 

Btw, I saw this interview   

 

and can read the headline, but Greg mentions "ACL tear" 2x. It sounds sort of vague the whole notion of him not having an ACL where he describes "just going with it". Sounds at least plausible that he actually has the ACL and perhaps, just maybe, it healed on its own. That happens for a certain percentage of athletes too.

I don't know one way or the other and am just enjoying the wrestling. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

It is possible to compete athletically without an ACL. Others have done it. I think a lot goes into it insofar as building up everything around that knee, including all the way up thru the glutes and hips. I guess only time will tell for any given athlete. Nice to see Kerkvliet moving so fluidly given his injury, whatever it exactly was. 

Oh I entirely agree.  Even myself, as athletic as I am was able to at pretty high levels comparable to my peers.  You train yourself to avoid specific scenarios.

Kerk will be fine as he adds more muscle.  The way it was laid out to me in layman's terms via my orthopedic is that the ACL helped support my muscles.  As they get worn out and fatigued I would chance tweaking it.  Kerk >>>>> me as far as physical gifts go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I meant Cassiopi guys.  I'm just being a twit.  Wasn't the consensus that he was in the same tier as Parris, Kerk, etc?  It was me stirring the honey pot.

I don't think one person said that.  I think the consensus was it would be for Kerkvliet to major him just by taking him down and letting him up.

(and re-read your post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I don't think one person said that.  I think the consensus was it would be for Kerkvliet to major him just by taking him down and letting him up.

(and re-read your post)

I'll say I'm still a cassiopi guy. Not guaranteeing any titles but he isn't 2nd tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I don't think one person said that.  I think the consensus was it would be for Kerkvliet to major him just by taking him down and letting him up.

(and re-read your post)

I said what I said.

I also was of the crew that believed Kerk majors via Takedown clinic... or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I said what I said.

I also was of the crew that believed Kerk majors via Takedown clinic... or worse.

No.  I mean: your post does not follow any English language conventions whatsoever.  It literally isn't any language at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

No.  I mean: your post does not follow any English language conventions whatsoever.  It literally isn't any language at all.

Oh ffs who gives a fck? You got the damn message, son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching Cassioppi and Hemida stumble around for 6 minutes, it's clear to me that they are on very different, lower level compared to Kerkvliet. 

Going to be a rough go for Cassioppi this year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Le duke said:

After watching Cassioppi and Hemida stumble around for 6 minutes, it's clear to me that they are on very different, lower level compared to Kerkvliet. 

Going to be a rough go for Cassioppi this year.

 

 

Cass is a really, really good 4th place contender.  He would be in the mix to be a national champ, perhaps multiple time national champ in several eras.  Not this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...