Jump to content
portajohn

Cael Valencia

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Cael Valencia is more of a prototype PSU wrestler during the Sanderson era than Alex Facundo.  Hope Sanderson gets Valencia to commit.  

Sanderson can forfeit against him if he ever comes to Tempe again. Teach him a lesson for choosing ASU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Sanderson can forfeit against him if he ever comes to Tempe again. Teach him a lesson for choosing ASU. 

Not bad.  Like the the attempt at humor but at this point the Tar Heels along with a few other schools have a good shot at landing the youngest Valencia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Not bad.  Like the the attempt at humor but at this point the Tar Heels along with a few other schools have a good shot at landing the youngest Valencia.

maybe so. But to think anyone has as good of a chance as ASU is silly. I would put Oregon State as a far and away #2 for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, portajohn said:

Valencia stayed offensive the entire match compared to Facundo.  Nice win by Drake Ayala.  Kids a stud

Yeah, but that's more about mentality vs. style.  Valencia is more in an Iowa mold (though that's not perfect either.)  Facundo is a little slicker and has more variety, which I associate more with Penn State.  I could see him being Okie State, too, in terms of style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a weird hurky jerky style but he makes it work and he made Facundo earn that match. Great match. There was some top notch wrestling on display last night and a bunch of down to the wire matches. Ayala, Gallagher looked terrific, Feldman at 220, Peterson gutting it out, Mendez battling back vs Vanderver and Chittum with his ferocious style really took it to Henson. A bunch of very impressive displays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressed with Feldman.  From the presser Friday night to his match and afterwards.  Seems like a lighthearted, happy kid who smiles on camera and gets after it on the mat.                   Just seems like a good kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cael is very good. He started wrestling much later than his brothers and he is clearly catching up to their high school accolades. He won’t quite get there due to running out of time, but still he is so good now. 
  
I love ASU and want him to go there. A small part of me wants to see what another excellent coach could do with a Valencia talent though. I think that about Anthony often. Would he have been a national champ elsewhere? 
  
Cael can get to legs on anyone and is very aggressive. Generally that translates extremely well to D1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it Cael like Sanderson or Cael like Snyder?  The Flo guys seem to think it’s like Snyder but when Cael himself said his own name he pronounced it just like Sanderson does. Are they just messing with the Flo guys haha?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than likely he's locked in at ASU.  You never know, but Richie Figueroa is also probably going there as well.  Richie wouldn't have filmed that promo for Flo AT Ruben Valencia's house with Zahid, Anthony, Aaron Pico, Cael and Cade Olivas if he wasn't leaning that way.  I know he was probably down in So Cal training for Who's #1, but he could have trained back at Selma if he wanted to.

Edited by CA_Wrestler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have Flo, so not sure if Zahid addressed the issue in his interview there. He did stay in school and graduated from ASU in May. Most likely he knows it was his fault and accepted the consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I think he's been quiet about it mostly because it wasn't that ganky green devil's lettuce, it was he pearly white nose candy.

People are more welcoming of one than the other in today's current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Also I think he's been quiet about it mostly because it wasn't that ganky green devil's lettuce, it was he pearly white nose candy.

 

That's the first I've read of that. Hmmm....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 4:28 AM, Housebuye said:

Cael is very good. He started wrestling much later than his brothers and he is clearly catching up to their high school accolades. He won’t quite get there due to running out of time, but still he is so good now. 
  
I love ASU and want him to go there. A small part of me wants to see what another excellent coach could do with a Valencia talent though. I think that about Anthony often. Would he have been a national champ elsewhere? 
  
Cael can get to legs on anyone and is very aggressive. Generally that translates extremely well to D1

I think he would have a better college career if he left the West Coast.  They could make it work at Penn State and get both Valencia and Facundo in the lineup all 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think he would have a better college career if he left the West Coast.  They could make it work at Penn State and get both Valencia and Facundo in the lineup all 4 years.

Why would he have a better college career on the East Coast?  Makes little sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

So there was no love lost between the Valencia family and ASU due to Zahid's suspension?  

I see ASU's twitter is now promoting the Zahid/JB match, so maybe not.

Anthony is still in grad school and still wrestling there. Zahid signed with AZ Sunkist. So safe to assume there is no love lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 2:33 AM, portajohn said:

Valencia stayed offensive the entire match compared to Facundo.  Nice win by Drake Ayala.  Kids a stud

Ayala was pretty impressive. I don't follow the HS kids that closely, but he was pretty aggressive and took it to the other kid, who I think was the favorite. I think they mentioned Ayala was going to Iowa, Brands will work wonders with that kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, 1032004 said:

So there was no love lost between the Valencia family and ASU due to Zahid's suspension?  

I see ASU's twitter is now promoting the Zahid/JB match, so maybe not.

I think Zahid accepts responsibility for getting suspended and doesn't hold the school responsible, which is commendable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...