Antitroll2828

nolf vs Bubba Jenkins 10/20

2 minutes ago, Class said:

Wow!  Bubba has some stones to take on Nolf.

Must feel good enough about Cael and the program to join the card.

Bubba did an interview with I think intermat about 2 years ago and they asked if he could fight any 2 people in the world who would he pick and he said Frank Molinaro and Cael Sanderson and made it clear he still really hates both of them 

Now doing an event that in no uncertain terms benefits PSU, NLWC and Cael in a very direct way shows something--even if Bubba benefits individually whether financial, exposure, etc.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Bubba did an interview with I think intermat about 2 years ago and they asked if he could fight any 2 people in the world who would he pick and he said Frank Molinaro and Cael Sanderson and made it clear he still really hates both of them 

Why does Bubba hate Frank?

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Why does Bubba hate Frank?

In the article I posted , bubba said he’s not a “good teammate or a good person “ bubba goes on to say he likes guys with character and personality and says molinaro has neither 

8 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

Anyone else have deja vu reading this?

You referring to the JO match?  I don't recall anyone saying that for the JO-Nolf match.

If you're referring to the DT-Jenkins match, then also no.  A) A young, scrawny-a$$ DT against PRIME Jenkins doesn't sniff an old over-the-hill MMA fighter who hasn't sniffed competitive wrestling in some time against a Nolf who defeats any version of PRIME Jenkins at folkstyle.  Yes the match is freestyle, but this is going to look much worse than Caldwell.

I wish Bubba gave freestyle a go. He had all of the tools to be successful. Loved when he launched Molinaro at "Grapple at the Garden".

I enjoyed his personality (drinking the bottle of Hennessey while doing an interview, a week after winning NCAA's). Haha

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You referring to the JO match?  I don't recall anyone saying that for the JO-Nolf match.

If you're referring to the DT-Jenkins match, then also no.  A) A young, scrawny-a$$ DT against PRIME Jenkins doesn't sniff an old over-the-hill MMA fighter who hasn't sniffed competitive wrestling in some time against a Nolf who defeats any version of PRIME Jenkins at folkstyle.  Yes the match is freestyle, but this is going to look much worse than Caldwell.

I am sorry, but that is a pretty poor assessment.  That "scrawny" DT WRECKED that weight class all season.  That included a Steve Fittery that was REALLY GOOD.  Bubba Jenkins was much like Darrion Caldwell, not always at his peak.  BUT, his peak was about as good as ANYONE.  

Now, with the above said, would I favor Nolf over a PRIME Jenkins?  Sure.  I favored DT.  But, I was NOT surprised that Jenkins beat DT and would not have been surprised if he beat Nolf.

Finally, yes Nolf should wreck a 32 year old MMA fighter that always had a suspicious gas tank.  The pace Nolf wrestles should be extremely problematic for Jenkins.  However, Nolf loves to put himself in dangerous situations and Jenkins is dangerous enough to catch him.  So, I would say Jenkins still has a "puncher's chance", but I would heavily lean towards a tech-fall in Nolf's favor.

18 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I am sorry, but that is a pretty poor assessment.  That "scrawny" DT WRECKED that weight class all season.  That included a Steve Fittery that was REALLY GOOD.  Bubba Jenkins was much like Darrion Caldwell, not always at his peak.  BUT, his peak was about as good as ANYONE.  

Now, with the above said, would I favor Nolf over a PRIME Jenkins?  Sure.  I favored DT.  But, I was NOT surprised that Jenkins beat DT and would not have been surprised if he beat Nolf.

Finally, yes Nolf should wreck a 32 year old MMA fighter that always had a suspicious gas tank.  The pace Nolf wrestles should be extremely problematic for Jenkins.  However, Nolf loves to put himself in dangerous situations and Jenkins is dangerous enough to catch him.  So, I would say Jenkins still has a "puncher's chance", but I would heavily lean towards a tech-fall in Nolf's favor.

Never did I say scrawny DT was a poor wrestler.

DT now VS DT then, though?  DT then was damn near rawboned.

Also, yes.  I favor Nolf as I favored DT and also would not be surprised by a Jenkins win PRIME VS PRIME against either (that DT was not PRIME, btw... still favored him and would again).

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I'd probably favor Jenkins over Nolf in an MMA match, but in a wrestling match I can't help but think Nolf would wreck Jenkins pretty badly. 

5 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I'd probably favor Jenkins over Nolf in an MMA match, but in a wrestling match I can't help but think Nolf would wreck Jenkins pretty badly. 

I'd absolutely favor Jenkins in a MMA fight.  Jenkins is/was savage, he just thought he was elite with throwin' hands and found out he didn't like getting hit REAL hard.

Just now, nhs67 said:

I'd absolutely favor Jenkins in a MMA fight.  Jenkins is/was savage, he just thought he was elite with throwin' hands and found out he didn't like getting hit REAL hard.

I was pretty shocked to see Bubba's "disclosed" career earnings in MMA: $29,000, and that's with a record of 14-4. Wow, that's chump change. I wonder why he continues with it? Seriously, a guy working at McDonalds over 9 years (the length of Bubba's MMA career) could've expected to make at least $162,000 over the same time span. How in the hell is Bubba paying bills? He's got to have a second job or something. 

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/17526-bubba-jenkins

22 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I was pretty shocked to see Bubba's "disclosed" career earnings in MMA: $29,000, and that's with a record of 14-4. Wow, that's chump change. I wonder why he continues with it? Seriously, a guy working at McDonalds over 9 years (the length of Bubba's MMA career) could've expected to make at least $162,000 over the same time span. How in the hell is Bubba paying bills? He's got to have a second job or something. 

That's just disclosed that was reported to that site.

27 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

If you select the plus 'dropdown' option it shows you.

The $29k is legit from teo fights.  Both were losses, too.  Minus bonuses I would say it is safe to say he got $15k to show and 15k to win.

Pico's original contract was worth 25k to show 25k to win.  He built up to 80k to show 80k to win but is currently back down to 25k show+win.

Edited by nhs67
Edited Pico info

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Can you put in a good word for him with your manager there?