Antitroll2828

nolf vs Bubba Jenkins 10/20

To be clear, my argument was only about using a win over a freshman DT to say a PRIME Jenkins couldn't beat Nolf.  That version of DT was as good as any of his 165 seasons and that bracket was most certainly tougher(obviously Dake is better than any single guy, but that bracket was NOT deep).  In fact, I still believe Fittery was by far his best College win.  I also am not convinced that Nolf would beat that DT.  Hall, Fittery, Jenkins, St. John, Saddoris, Welch, Flemming and Dong was definitely a hell of a lot better than the empty 165 he dominated his sophomore year.......

43 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

To be clear, my argument was only about using a win over a freshman DT to say a PRIME Jenkins couldn't beat Nolf.  That version of DT was as good as any of his 165 seasons and that bracket was most certainly tougher(obviously Dake is better than any single guy, but that bracket was NOT deep).  In fact, I still believe Fittery was by far his best College win.  I also am not convinced that Nolf would beat that DT.  Hall, Fittery, Jenkins, St. John, Saddoris, Welch, Flemming and Dong was definitely a hell of a lot better than the empty 165 he dominated his sophomore year.......

You're good, my man.  I get it.  My opinion(key word) is that 9 times out of 10 DT wins that match.  I also believe freshman version of Nolf wins that more than he loses.  That was then.  Nolf now is much better and has been training freestyle, which is the style they're going to wrestle.

14 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Dake vs Nolf.

Who wins? lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nolf has wayyyyy to many mental lapses in freestyle to beat dake...he is going to get bombed at some point trying to force something, but a year a half from now with more experience and dake on the otherside of 30 it may be a different story 

12 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nolf has wayyyyy to many mental lapses in freestyle to beat dake...he is going to get bombed at some point trying to force something, but a year a half from now with more experience and dake on the otherside of 30 it may be a different story 

Kyle is getting younger and younger everyday.  No way he loses to Nolf 1.5 years from now.

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Kyle is getting younger and younger everyday.  No way he loses to Nolf 1.5 years from now.

Dake has made it sound like he doesn’t plan on wrestling to much longer , honestly if he beat Burroughs and goes onto the OlympicS and wins gold, then gets offered a head coaching position somewhere legit I could see him retiring 

7 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

I expect a similar performance to Caldwell's a few weeks back. Jenkins will wrestle just to keep his mat skills fresh for MMA.

I'd expect worse.  No offense to Pletcher, but he's no Nolf.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, MSU158 said:

Finally, yes Nolf should wreck a 32 year old MMA fighter that always had a suspicious gas tank.  The pace Nolf wrestles should be extremely problematic for Jenkins.  However, Nolf loves to put himself in dangerous situations and Jenkins is dangerous enough to catch him.  So, I would say Jenkins still has a "puncher's chance", but I would heavily lean towards a tech-fall in Nolf's favor.

Bubba Jenkins has as much of a chance against Nolf as Ben Askren had against Jordan Burroughs in their freestyle match.  The Nolf-Jenkins match is going to be ridiculously one sided

Edited by portajohn

On 10/7/2020 at 10:52 PM, Plasmodium said:

Bubba does some amazing acrobatic stuff, so he must have phenomenal body awareness.  Nolf habitually puts himself in very vulnerable positions, so he might get a little comeuppance. 

If you're not joking lets make a bet.  You're statement is ridiculous.  Jenkins chance at winning this match is as close to zero as you can get.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, nhs67 said:

If you're referring to the DT-Jenkins match, then also no.  A) A young, scrawny-a$$ DT against PRIME Jenkins doesn't sniff an old over-the-hill MMA fighter who hasn't sniffed competitive wrestling in some time against a Nolf who defeats any version of PRIME Jenkins at folkstyle.  Yes the match is freestyle, but this is going to look much worse than Caldwell.

Appears to be a lot of sniffage involved here.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:52 PM, Plasmodium said:

Bubba does some amazing acrobatic stuff, so he must have phenomenal body awareness.  Nolf habitually puts himself in very vulnerable positions, so he might get a little comeuppance. 

17 hours ago, portajohn said:

If you're not joking lets make a bet.  You're statement is ridiculous.  Jenkins chance at winning this match is as close to zero as you can get.

I will bet $500000000000000000000000000000 my comment is not ridiculous.  Only stipulation is they have to actually wrestle.

Edited by Plasmodium

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I will bet $500000000000000000000000000000 my comment is not ridiculous.  Only stipulation is they have to actually wrestle.

How does this bet get followed through on?

If Nolf techfall's within first 1m30s?  1m0s? Do you owe him $500000000000000000000000000000 then?

Let's make this bet happen.

27 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

So basically all I learned from this thread is Nolf is soft for even accepting such a match. 

Oh is that the only thing this thread says?  I misread a whole lot of junk, then.

Wasting my damn time here misinterpreting and stuffs.