VakAttack

Jordan Burroughs commits murder

5 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

How much do you think it took to get Burroughs to wrestle Zahid?

I'm sure it had to have been a decent amount.  It's not every day you can get a 5x World/Olympic champ to wrestle 2 weight classes up in a PPV wrestling event.

8 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I'm sure it had to have been a decent amount.  It's not every day you can get a 5x World/Olympic champ to wrestle 2 weight classes up in a PPV wrestling event.

unless he wanted to stay relevant and needed a match he had an excuse to lose.

Snyder Taylor Cox Dake....He isn't carrying the flag these days.

9 hours ago, IronChef said:

Looking at how big Taylor is now and claiming he ran from Burroughs is some serious revisionism.

Burroughs can say what he wants because he's the champ, and he never has to agree to wrestle Taylor.

I don't think its revisionism at all.  It's not like Taylor just grew a few inches between seasons.  After another unsuccessful attempt at making the team at 74, he specifically went on a weight gaining program to move up to 86.  It was a specific, committed, intent....to move up from 74.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don't think its revisionism at all.  It's not like Taylor just grew a few inches between seasons.  After another unsuccessful attempt at making the team at 74, he specifically went on a weight gaining program to move up to 86.  It was a specific, committed, intent....to move up from 74.

If you watched Taylor back at 74 KG you could tell he was pulling a lot of weight and was not going to be be to hold that weight for long.  JMO

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

unless he wanted to stay relevant and needed a match he had an excuse to lose.

Snyder Taylor Cox Dake....He isn't carrying the flag these days.

The year Kyle Snyder last won worlds was 2017, just like JB.

JB has a world medal from 2019, Taylor was injured in 2019.

JB is still carrying our flag, along with the other 4 you named.  To say otherwise is disrespectful to everything he has done and continues to do for USA Wrestling.

18 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't think burroughs is a big 74. That is based on years of anecdotal evidence, none of it sourced.

Disagree but like you I have no real evidence.  I think the transition to night before to same day has made it a struggle.  I'm pretty he's said (or tweeted) that he starts adjusting his diet a few weeks before an event.  Can't remember what he's weighed for BTS and other events where they don't have weigh ins though.  Guess we'll find out when he weighs in at this flo event.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Disagree but like you I have no real evidence.  I think the transition to night before to same day has made it a struggle.  I'm pretty he's said (or tweeted) that he starts adjusting his diet a few weeks before an event.  Can't remember what he's weighed for BTS and other events where they don't have weigh ins though.  Guess we'll find out when he weighs in at this flo event.

Not sure exactly what he weighs but Burroughs is 5’ 7”.  He’s pretty thick but not a big 74kg. Zahid is 6’.  

We could be splitting hairs over what "big" means but I think it's hard for JB to make weight - hence the diet changes weeks out before an event.  I would bet he will weigh in (and therefore walks around) over 180 for this event.  But hey I'm basing that on a hunch and half remember a mention on social media from years ago - could very well be wrong.

Edited by Gantry

6 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

The year Kyle Snyder last won worlds was 2017, just like JB.

JB has a world medal from 2019, Taylor was injured in 2019.

JB is still carrying our flag, along with the other 4 you named.  To say otherwise is disrespectful to everything he has done and continues to do for USA Wrestling.

Your making too much of what I said.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, headshuck said:

Wasn’t Taylor #3 at 174 at the time? Did he and Dake flip a coin to decide who would go up?

They both went up to 86, and they still couldn't make the team (and Taylor still couldn't beat Dake).

I'm with Lurker on this one. It would be revisionist to say Taylor outgrew 74. The excuse people made for him in his first year at 86 was he was too small and hadn't filled out the weight yet. No doubt he fled 74. That said, it was the right decision. Filled out Taylor is clearly better than stick figure Taylor ever was, and there is no way he is getting back close to 74 now. But JB still gets all the trash talking rights.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:58 AM, alliseeisgold said:

Taylor has no comeback. The truth hurts. Burroughs with the quote of the year so far in wrestling

He has an easy comeback. "wrestle me"

I guess the trouble is that he already challenged him and burroughs declined.

Edited by hammerlockthree

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

He has an easy comeback. "wrestle me b!tch"

I guess the trouble is that he already challenged him and burroughs declined.

It's not an easy comeback, since Taylor is the one interjecting himself for no discernible reason other than he's still salty about his 0 for whatever record against Burroughs.  You're always going to look like a tool when you try to talk down to a guy who has beaten you repeatedly.

4 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Why the Burroughs hate?  You come off like a dik.

I don't hate burroughs (i took the "b!tch out to make it less charged), i'm commenting on a rather ugly conversation.  

Taylor wasn't rude or aggressive in his comment and Burroughs came back with what was a pretty cheap comment to me.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It's not an easy comeback, since Taylor is the one interjecting himself for no discernible reason other than he's still salty about his 0 for whatever record against Burroughs.  You're always going to look like a tool when you try to talk down to a guy who has beaten you repeatedly.

He had a reason, if burroughs is ready to wrestle Valencia he might as well wrestle Taylor. 

I'm just not impressed with Burroughs saying I don't have to wrestle you cause I beat you three or four years ago. 

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

He had a reason, if burroughs is ready to wrestle Valencia he might as well wrestle Taylor. 

I'm just not impressed with Burroughs saying I don't have to wrestle you cause I beat you three or four years ago. 

Taylor was at his weight class, which was right at his college weight class, and he left.  If Burroughs is coming up for a one off match, what does he owe Taylor?  You can't run away and then demand somebody face you.

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Taylor was at his weight class, which was right at his college weight class, and he left.  If Burroughs is coming up for a one off match, what does he owe Taylor?  You can't run away and then demand somebody face you.

Ran away? Again this is a dumb characterization.

In any event you're saying Taylor isn't allowed to ask Burroughs to wrestle him, its ridiculous on its face.