Jump to content
VakAttack

Jordan Burroughs commits murder

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Ran away? Again this is a dumb characterization.

In any event you're saying Taylor isn't allowed to ask Burroughs to wrestle him, its ridiculous on its face. 

I didn't say he isn't allowed.  I said you'll sound like a tool when you were at the same weight and you left because you couldn't beat him.  It's no shame, he wasn't the only guy, Dake did it, too.  The reason there haven't been more Burroughs/Taylor matches isn't because of Burroughs, it's because Taylor left the weight after repeatedly losing.  Take the names off it.

Wrestler A and Wrestler B wrestle each other several times.  Wrestler A wins them all.  Wrestler B moves to a new weight class.20 pounds heavier than even his college weight.  Wrestler A continues to dominate the same weight.  Wrestler A comes up for a one-off exhibition match, and Wrestler B tries to call out Wrestler A for not wrestling Wrestler B.  It's ridiculous, so of course Wrestler A mercilessly dunks on Wrestler B.

Use it in any forum.  Lets say you and I got into many scored debates on this forum and you won them all.  Then I left and started posting exclusively at another forum.  You came to that forum for one debate, and then I called you out for not debating me.  I left.  I could have kept debating you here, trying to beat you, but I left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I didn't say he isn't allowed.  I said you'll sound like a tool when you were at the same weight and you left because you couldn't beat him.  It's no shame, he wasn't the only guy, Dake did it, too.  The reason there haven't been more Burroughs/Taylor matches isn't because of Burroughs, it's because Taylor left the weight after repeatedly losing.  Take the names off it.

Wrestler A and Wrestler B wrestle each other several times.  Wrestler A wins them all.  Wrestler B moves to a new weight class.20 pounds heavier than even his college weight.  Wrestler A continues to dominate the same weight.  Wrestler A comes up for a one-off exhibition match, and Wrestler B tries to call out Wrestler A for not wrestling Wrestler B.  It's ridiculous, so of course Wrestler A mercilessly dunks on Wrestler B.

Use it in any forum.  Lets say you and I got into many scored debates on this forum and you won them all.  Then I left and started posting exclusively at another forum.  You came to that forum for one debate, and then I called you out for not debating me.  I left.  I could have kept debating you here, trying to beat you, but I left.

Its a simple enough concept but don't you think the fact that Taylor moving up to 86k was clearly the right move for his career somewhat mitigates the idea that he "ran"? If you left the forum to post on another one because everyone on the other forum was smarter polite and highly informed does that mean I can still sneer at you for leaving?

Even if Taylor left in the spirit of intense cowardice, does that mean he has to carry that forever? Or is he allowed to man up and ask for another shot at Burroughs? 

Is this because you found his tweet to be really rude? I just didn't. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LJB said:

taylor did not "ask" to wrestle JB...

he interjected himself into a convo with a dik tweet...

as per...

taylor is smarmy as ever...

I am with you that I think the Taylor back stage is way uglier than he lets on, I just don't think that tweet was obnoxious. He proposed a match everyone on this forum is love to see again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its a simple enough concept but Taylor don't you think the fact that Taylor moving up to 86k was clearly the right move for his career somewhat mitigates the idea that he "ran"? If you left the forum to post on another one because everyone on the other forum was smarter polite and highly informed does that mean I can still sneer at you for leaving?

Even if Taylor left in the spirit of intense cowardice, does that mean he has to carry that forever? Or is he allowed to man up and ask for another shot at Burroughs? 

Is this because you found his tweet to be really rude? I just didn't. 

I think your perspective would be fair if Burroughs was the one who initiated this "confrontation."  It's not like Burroughs has been giving interviews calling Taylor a coward for running from him ever since Taylor moved up.  And Taylor didn't ask for another shot, he essentially insinuated that Burroughs was taking the easy way out by taking on Zahid as if he himself had not taken the easier route to a world team spot by moving away from his nemesis.  And I'm not saying he needs to carry it forever, but when it comes to this particular man, Jordan Burroughs, who beat him repeatedly before Taylor (and Dake) left for perceived easier roads....yeah, you have to wear that one, especially if you initiate the "confrontation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am with you that I think the Taylor back stage is way uglier than he lets on, I just don't think that tweet was obnoxious. He proposed a match everyone on this forum is love to see again.

i do not have any interest in seeing taylor outsize JB...

he had his chance...

he failed...

now he's picking on a smaller guy and looking like exactly what he is while doing it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

will the US compete at the senior World 2020?? 

we still haven't heard anything here if worlds is officially on or not...

and we are running a 6 weight nationals right now...

lame...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't hate burroughs (i took the "b!tch out to make it less charged), i'm commenting on a rather ugly conversation.  

Taylor wasn't rude or aggressive in his comment and Burroughs came back with what was a pretty cheap comment to me.

Get a grip. Taylor took a shot, Burroughs, as per usual, down blocked and took a better shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I think your perspective would be fair if Burroughs was the one who initiated this "confrontation."  It's not like Burroughs has been giving interviews calling Taylor a coward for running from him ever since Taylor moved up.  And Taylor didn't ask for another shot, he essentially insinuated that Burroughs was taking the easy way out by taking on Zahid as if he himself had not taken the easier route to a world team spot by moving away from his nemesis.  And I'm not saying he needs to carry it forever, but when it comes to this particular man, Jordan Burroughs, who beat him repeatedly before Taylor (and Dake) left for perceived easier roads....yeah, you have to wear that one, especially if you initiate the "confrontation."

I just don't agree with this part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

If JB beats Valencia the Taylor match becomes compelling. 

possibly...

and i would watch it no doubt...

but, at this moment, DT just looks desperate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't hate burroughs (i took the "b!tch out to make it less charged), i'm commenting on a rather ugly conversation.  

Taylor wasn't rude or aggressive in his comment and Burroughs came back with what was a pretty cheap comment to me.

"Thought you've been looking like a beefcake"  Taylor's first, and completely unsolicited, words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

"Thought you've been looking like a beefcake"  Taylor's first, and completely unsolicited, words.

That strikes me as more like a stupid compliment then an insult.....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beefcake&utm_source=search-action

I tend to think he meant the first definition, I mean no one thinks Taylor was trying to body shame Burroughs right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

That strikes me as more like a stupid compliment then an insult.....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beefcake&utm_source=search-action

I tend to think he meant the first definition, I mean no one thinks Taylor was trying to body shame Burroughs right?

Are we really pulling out the dictionary over beefcake between two world champ athletes???

Taylor fired, JB fired back. It’s okay, it really doesn’t need to be overanalyzed and someone in the pair be made a “bully” (god I’ve grown to hate that word. It’s killing us)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Are we really pulling out the dictionary over beefcake between two world champ athletes???

Taylor fired, JB fired back. It’s okay, it really doesn’t need to be overanalyzed and someone in the pair be made a “bully” (god I’ve grown to hate that word. It’s killing us)

Taylor didn't fire! He gave a cheesy compliment. 

If people are gonna argue over the meaning of a statement sometimes the dictionary has to come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

more explanation please?

You know, when you made this comment only to realize Burroughs was just responding to DT. 

“What a cowardly and nonsensical comment....

Burroughs is never gonna wrestle Taylor again, so he can run his mouth all he wants and never have to back it up”

Not only did you say he made a cowardly comment you then doubled down and said he can run his mouth and not have to back it up which itself is a cowardly act. Then when you realized you were wrong instead of apologizing for an ahole comment you simply write oops.  Lame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the people defending Taylor want to keep ignoring the two years it took him to fill out and that anyone who’s honest can see a thousand red flags with his size and cardio now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

You know, when you made this comment only to realize Burroughs was just responding to DT. 

“What a cowardly and nonsensical comment....

Burroughs is never gonna wrestle Taylor again, so he can run his mouth all he wants and never have to back it up”

Not only did you say he made a cowardly comment you then doubled down and said he can run his mouth and not have to back it up which itself is a cowardly act. Then when you realized you were wrong instead of apologizing for an ahole comment you simply write oops.  Lame. 

Thats not an admission of it being a mistake? how much apology do you need. 

But in retrospect its still a pretty lame comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...