VakAttack

Jordan Burroughs commits murder

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

d288bb5c358e1e8002b71fab2d0ee516.jpg

Years back we’d say he’s built like a brick sh!thouse.

that’s a years back saying? Lol I still use it. 

To be fair, I’m not accusing him, I just would be jacks lack of surprise IF he popped. Same way I was with Dillashaw. I didn’t think TJ was using but when he popped I was like, “oh damn, that sucks but it makes sense”

My main point still is that Taylor had to make a very deliberate decision to bump up and it took awhile.. and “may” be suspect. I’m genuinely 50/50 on whether Taylor is using personally 

They need to get this match (Burroughs-Taylor) booked after the 2021 Olympics.  These 2 clearly are not fond of one another, and they would stand to make a decent amount of money.  

I would also be good to see a Taylor-Cox match booked after the Olympics as well.

Taylor. Love him or hate him. Feels entitled. Watch any of his losses. He seems more shocked and angry that it would be allowed for him to lose. Than normal reactions. So I have a feeling he probably was in rage mode after Burroughs reply

**ahem, before people lose their goddamn mind. I am not saying Taylor doesn’t work hard, he does. I am not saying he isn’t skilled, he is. I’m simply commenting on the demeanor and attitude he gives off. And how he’s handled losses.

57 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Taylor. Love him or hate him. Feels entitled. Watch any of his losses. He seems more shocked and angry that it would be allowed for him to lose. Than normal reactions. So I have a feeling he probably was in rage mode after Burroughs reply

**ahem, before people lose their goddamn mind. I am not saying Taylor doesn’t work hard, he does. I am not saying he isn’t skilled, he is. I’m simply commenting on the demeanor and attitude he gives off. And how he’s handled losses.

He probably waited a week to make it look like he is more aloof than we seem to think he is. 

I don't think he has handled his losses, some of which have been brutal, particularly badly. On the other hand tweeting at Cox after he took a loss in 2017 was a really trashy move....

I hope the backstage with Nickal comes out at some point....

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

He probably waited a week to make it look like he is more aloof than we seem to think he is. 

I don't think he has handled his losses, some of which have been brutal, particularly badly. On the other hand tweeting at Cox after he took a loss in 2017 was a really trashy move....

I hope the backstage with Nickal comes out at some point....

He was ranting at camps about the Cox match and I’ve seen him after other losses

EDIT

but I do see your point. I’m just going off what I’ve seen 

Edited by jp157

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

He was ranting at camps about the Cox match and I’ve seen him after other losses

EDIT

I'll take your word for it. Can you elaborate?

Ranting like whining or ranting like maturely expressing a lot of emotion? Rant is kind of a neutral term.

14 minutes ago, jp157 said:

EDIT

Was DT ranting about his matches against Cox at the Trials?  Or was he ranting about Cox losing in the semis of Worlds that year?

Do those of you who criticize DT for his tweets also criticize guys like Gilman, PD III, Dake,  Askren, and, yes, Borroughs among many others for their trash talking as well when they engage in it?

Or do you only turn a blind eye and deaf ear if you root for the guy doing it? 

2 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Do those of you who criticize DT for his tweets also criticize guys like Gilman, PD III, Dake,  Askren, and, yes, Borroughs among many others for their trash talking as well when they engage in it?

Or do you only turn a blind eye and deaf ear if you root for the guy doing it? 

I've been defending taylor (on the subject of these tweets) this whole topic, but regardless you need to be more specific in your approach. "PD3 is worse" aint much of an argument.

5 minutes ago, nyum said:

Taylor looks pretty dumb challenging someone two weight classes smaller imo 

I sort of agree, but Burroughs gave him the "in" when he took a match with Valencia. 

Really it's kinda BS all the way around. Taylor exploits burroughs taking a match, burroughs calls him a runner for going the right weight....and here we are. 

20 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I sort of agree, but Burroughs gave him the "in" when he took a match with Valencia. 

Really it's kinda BS all the way around. Taylor exploits burroughs taking a match, burroughs calls him a runner for going the right weight....and here we are. 

The beefcake comment was definitely a shot, if you think it was some stupid compliment, well there's a rich prince in Africa that needs your help. Taylor is obviously frustrated with his past failures, and wants to redeem himself, for some reason, when he literally doesn't have to prove anything. Taylor also definitely moved weights because burroughs controlled that weight, and he used the sit till the finals rules to justify his move up. Just because 86kg turned out to be his ideal weight, doesn't change the reason behind the move. Burroughs responded to Taylor perfectly, seeing as Burroughs understands he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Taylor hasn't figured that out yet apparently.

8 minutes ago, Molsen said:

The beefcake comment was definitely a shot, if you think it was some stupid compliment, well there's a rich prince in Africa that needs your help. Taylor is obviously frustrated with his past failures, and wants to redeem himself, for some reason, when he literally doesn't have to prove anything. Taylor also definitely moved weights because burroughs controlled that weight, and he used the sit till the finals rules to justify his move up. Just because 86kg turned out to be his ideal weight, doesn't change the reason behind the move. Burroughs responded to Taylor perfectly, seeing as Burroughs understands he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Taylor hasn't figured that out yet apparently.

Why was the beefcake comment a shot? 

How did you read Taylor's mind about his past failures and then back off because you think he he doesn't have to prove anything.

How do you know why taylor moved weights, and how do you justify it as a bad move when he has a claim to the world #2?

Your post is nothing but a reiteration of of the worst points made in the thread. Obviously you hoped the narrative would carry you.

16 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why was the beefcake comment a shot? 

How did you read Taylor's mind about his past failures and then back off because you think he he doesn't have to prove anything.

How do you know why taylor moved weights, and how do you justify it as a bad move when he has a claim to the world #2?

Your post is nothing but a reiteration of of the worst points made in the thread. Obviously you hoped the narrative would carry you.

1st point: Just read the tweet, literally everyone else but you felt the intention of it. Its pretty common to make little shots (even if he was just poking fun at burroughs, which was the case) to get a match. It wasn't a compliment (I am not saying it was an insult, but it wasn't a compliment, it was to poke the bear, don't be dumb)

He has nothing to prove, so why call out someone two weight classes under him (someone with a complete size disadvantage), unless he wants payback.

Didn't Taylor attack the sit to the finals rule when he moved up? You are smarter then that. If he moved up to get away from that rule, Burroughs is the reason the rule was in place at 74kg the year of the move up, ie the reason Taylor moved.

It was not a bad move at all and I never said it was. It was a fantastic move for his career. But his intention to move weights was not because 86kg was gonna be his ideal weight, it just happened to work out that way.