VakAttack

Jordan Burroughs commits murder

1 minute ago, Molsen said:

1st point: Just read the tweet, literally everyone else but you felt the intention of it. Its pretty common to make little shots (even if he was just poking fun at burroughs, which was the case) to get a match. It wasn't a compliment (I am not saying it was an insult, but it wasn't a compliment, it was to poke the bear, don't be dumb)

He has nothing to prove, so why call out someone two weight classes under him (someone with a complete size disadvantage), unless he wants payback.

Didn't Taylor attack the sit to the finals rule when he moved up? You are smarter then that. If he moved up to get away from that rule, Burroughs is the reason the rule was in place at 74kg the year of the move up, ie the reason Taylor moved.

It was not a bad move at all and I never said it was. It was a fantastic move for his career. But his intention to move weights was not because 86kg was gonna be his ideal weight, it just happened to work out that way. 

Ok so the beefcake remark wasnt and compliment or an insult? So its not a shot?

He called burroughs out because he is bigger, and I've already said thats not a good look.

I don't think one rule caused taylor to move up. 

5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Ok so the beefcake remark wasnt and compliment or an insult? So its not a shot?

He called burroughs out because he is bigger, and I've already said thats not a good look.

I don't think one rule caused taylor to move up. 

The beefcake comment was bait for a match. He likely doesn't think burroughs is looking chubby, but he's also not buttering up burroughs with compliments to take a match.

That rule/burroughs caused both Taylor and Dake to move up. One stayed up, and eventually filled out the weight class, and it just happened to work out.

Edited by Molsen

2 minutes ago, Molsen said:

The beefcake comment was bait for a match. He likely doesn't think burroughs is looking chubby, but he's also not buttering up burroughs with compliments to take a match.

That rule/burroughs caused both Taylor and Dake to move up. One stayed up, and eventually filled out the weight class, and it just happened to work out.

I am 10000% willing to say taylor was baiting a match, but he wasn't being a punk. Burroughs response was more manipulative. 

There is nothing more irritating than people being deliberately disingenuous w”about someones clear intentions.

It’s like saying that when a southern church marm says “bless your heart”. She’s actually saying “may the lord bless you”. No, everyone who is not an idiot or emotionally deaf knows what’s really being said is “oh you poor dumb idiot, you’re so stupid I can’t call you stupid because I feel sorry for you”. But if someone mentions it. There is always that one disingenuous and/or stupid person who goes. “BUt ThAt iSN’t WHaT shE said”

(for those of you that have no idea what I’m talking about, because you either never lived in the south or went to a large to mega church. I can’t help you lol)

Furthermore. Anyone who’s been around most decent high school teams or higher knows that wrestlers will call each other fatasses if their face gets slightly less gaunt or if a person goes from a 6 pack to a 4 pack. 

If you want to think Taylor didn’t go up at the very minimum “originally” because he was unable to get past Burroughs and Dake.. I mean ok, that’s dumb but ok. But don’t try to act like the beefcake comment wasn’t Taylor throwing shade.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I can't believe we've taken it this far with a little mild trash talk between a couple world champs who have spent weeks-months-years in the training room and overseas together.

My reaction was more to someone trying to say beefcake wasn’t a little bit of smack talk/insult lol

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

I can't believe we've taken it this far with a little mild trash talk between a couple world champs who have spent weeks-months-years in the training room and overseas together.

Just because they're on these teams together, doesn't mean they like one another.  

22 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Just because they're on these teams together, doesn't mean they like one another.  

I'm not pretending to know whether they do or don't.  Wasn't saying anything at all about whether or not they like each other.

18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I did. You're wrong.

You’re the person that throws shade and then sorry “just kidding” if it doesn’t land right or makes you look bad aren’t you

You guys are having some fun. :)
Beef-Cake is the worst thing you can call a dude! 
I don't like the idea of that match-up, with Taylor being so significantly bigger, feels like a recipe for injury, especially with DT's style.
But.... I do respect their hustle, talk a little trash, wrestler a hard 6, and cash a fat check. After Chamizo/Dake's pay... how could you resist.

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I guess you're just a sensitive type guy.

Lol. No. I just can actually read.

Calling Burroughs beefcake then asking for a match was Taylor saying “hey fatty, come give me a match cause I’m David Taylor”

and speaking of sensitive.. aren’t you the one called Burroughs a bi$&h and then backtracked to “disrespectful” because he was “mean” for stating a fact.. you called a 5 time world champ and 8 time world medalist a “blank” because he was “mean” to Taylor. I wouldn’t recommend calling anyone sensitive after getting triggered like that.

So let’s sum it up as this.. read carefully.. Taylor pulled a passive aggressive dig at Burroughs to try to provoke him.. okay? Keeping up?

Burroughs response was to say “get out out of here with that passive aggressive sh!t.. I made you spend two years bulking up because you couldn’t beat me”

Thank you everyone for attending my TED talk on understanding people. (I think “emotional intelligence” is the buzz phrase nowadays)

Edited by jp157
Grammar

39 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

You guys are having some fun. :)
Beef-Cake is the worst thing you can call a dude! 
I don't like the idea of that match-up, with Taylor being so significantly bigger, feels like a recipe for injury, especially with DT's style.
But.... I do respect their hustle, talk a little trash, wrestler a hard 6, and cash a fat check. After Chamizo/Dake's pay... how could you resist.

I’m having a blast. I just am amazed at how everyone is so selectively ignorant nowadays 

1 hour ago, jp157 said:

Lol. No. I just can actually read.

Calling Burroughs beefcake then asking for a match was Taylor saying “hey fatty, come give me a match cause I’m David Taylor”

and speaking of sensitive.. aren’t you the one called Burroughs a bi$&h and then backtracked to “disrespectful” because he was “mean” for stating a fact.. you called a 5 time world champ and 8 time world medalist a “blank” because he was “mean” to Taylor. I wouldn’t recommend calling anyone sensitive after getting triggered like that.

So let’s sum it up as this.. read carefully.. Taylor pulled a passive aggressive dig at Burroughs to try to provoke him.. okay? Keeping up?

Burroughs response was to say “get out out of here with that passive aggressive sh!t.. I made you spend two years bulking up because you couldn’t beat me”

Thank you everyone for attending my TED talk on understanding people. (I think “emotional intelligence” is the buzz phrase nowadays)

You think Taylor really decided he was gonna body shame burroughs into wrestling him........

43 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You think Taylor really decided he was gonna body shame burroughs into wrestling him........

Sigh. I really don’t like LBJ. At all. But I at least understand why he enjoys screwing with you so much. 

So you’ve never encountered someone inserting a sly comment to get a reaction from someone? 

40 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Sigh. I really don’t like LBJ. At all. But I at least understand why he enjoys screwing with you so much. 

So you’ve never encountered someone inserting a sly comment to get a reaction from someone? 

Of course I have, you do it every post.

You're take is that Taylor was out to provoke Burroughs, and decided fat jokes was the way to go. That's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

Of course I have, you do it every post.

You're take is that Taylor was out to provoke Burroughs, and decided fat jokes was the way to go. That's ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous? 

Just now, jp157 said:

Why is it ridiculous? 

Because Burroughs undoubtedly has a healthy body image, and these aren't 14 year old girls. 

If Taylor wanted to insult him he could have gone a bunch of ways. Sidakov, Dake, being "over-the-hill" the way Dake grilled him....

To me it read like, "Hey bro you're lookin SWOLE! Lets have a match." But you disagree, cool. 

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Because Burroughs undoubtedly has a healthy body image, and these aren't 14 year old girls. 

If Taylor wanted to insult him he could have gone a bunch of ways. Sidakov, Dake, being "over-the-hill" the way Dake grilled him....

To me it read like, "Hey bro you're lookin SWOLE! Lets have a match." But you disagree, cool. 

If you can’t understand passive aggression, that’s ok. You still are the one who called the 8 time senior medalist a b!<+& and whatnot for telling Taylor a straight fact. 

Did you call Dake a b!tch for insulting Burroughs behind a camera? Yes. Or no.

I would like to know. If you called Burroughs a b!tch for saying Taylor ran from him. Which he did. Did you call Dake one for the things he said to Burroughs?

16 minutes ago, jp157 said:

If you can’t understand passive aggression, that’s ok. You still are the one who called the 8 time senior medalist a b!<+& and whatnot for telling Taylor a straight fact. 

Did you call Dake a b!tch for insulting Burroughs behind a camera? Yes. Or no.

I would like to know. If you called Burroughs a b!tch for saying Taylor ran from him. Which he did. Did you call Dake one for the things he said to Burroughs?

1) You don't know what a straight fact is.

2) I thought Dake looked like an A$$hole, but he knew he was gonna have to wrestle Burroughs again when he said all that, Burroughs insulted Taylor while it appears that he is running from a future match up, that makes him a lower form of a$$hole, or in your words a b!tch. 

3) You've done nothing post after post but ignore the substance of what I am saying and try to make this a personal discussion, which is weird and pathetic.