Scorenomore

Snyder better at NLWC?

A little hard to tell after his match with Mike Macchiavello given past results, but now after seeing more action, what are everyone's thoughts?  Definitely moves better and crisper in his scoring, but I'm surprised to see legitimate offensive attacks missing against non-world level competition.  Seems like a lot of counter wrestling - more Bo Nickal than David Taylor.

18 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

A little hard to tell after his match with Mike Macchiavello given past results, but now after seeing more action, what are everyone's thoughts?  Definitely moves better and crisper in his scoring, but I'm surprised to see legitimate offensive attacks missing against non-world level competition.  Seems like a lot of counter wrestling - more Bo Nickal than David Taylor.

I honestly don't think he has hit anyone who reacts correctly yet....

Or let me put it this way, if you can tech everyone with just your hands, its the right choice.

Edited by hammerlockthree

4 losses in 2018-19 before joining in Oct 2019 and 2 losses since. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with NLWC but he clearly is struggling....Captain America he is no longer. A club change isn't going to fix that. 

1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

4 losses in 2018-19 before joining in Oct 2019 and 2 losses since. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with NLWC but he clearly is struggling....Captain America he is no longer. A club change isn't going to fix that. 

I hope all the people who freaked out when I said burroughs isn't carrying the flag read this.

He needs Rosseli again. Badly. I talked about this on another thread. But watch his film in 2015 and 2016. Then you can watch a gradual regression since Rosseli left. Everything from shot selection to match management.

Hes started to get some of his good habits under Cael again.. BUT. He gives all the signs of being burned out to me. It’s hard to describe, it’s based off my experience coaching. But a bunch of little things in his demeanor; how he’s wrestling, his body language, facial expressions. Idk how to specifically articulate it. But he gives off all the same red flags as that stud who’s cut weight all season who burns out and takes a weird ass loss in the post season. Shocking to outsiders, but if you look at the coaches.. you can tell they saw it coming and were hoping they were wrong. That kinda thing.

20 minutes ago, jp157 said:

He needs Rosseli again. Badly. I talked about this on another thread. But watch his film in 2015 and 2016. Then you can watch a gradual regression since Rosseli left. Everything from shot selection to match management.

Hes started to get some of his good habits under Cael again.. BUT. He gives all the signs of being burned out to me. It’s hard to describe, it’s based off my experience coaching. But a bunch of little things in his demeanor; how he’s wrestling, his body language, facial expressions. Idk how to specifically articulate it. But he gives off all the same red flags as that stud who’s cut weight all season who burns out and takes a weird ass loss in the post season. Shocking to outsiders, but if you look at the coaches.. you can tell they saw it coming and were hoping they were wrong. That kinda thing.

Lmao

hard to read, without thinking you got your head up your own azz 

1 minute ago, nyum said:

Lmao

hard to read, without thinking you got your head up your own azz 

Fair. If you think that. It’s fine. 

I would ask though. Has Snyder seemed more and more “off” to you the last couple of years? If  you don’t think so. Okie dokie. To me he has.

Have you coached or been teammates with studs who got burned out and took weird losses or injuries? Especially in the postseason. Like in the practice room with them I mean. 

If you think I have my large head up my ass... well darn. But I would like to know what specific points you disagree with. 

9 hours ago, jp157 said:

Maybe/maybe not HEW but certainly the world specifically scouting him for 5 years has something to do with it. Makes you appreciate even more the longevity of guys like Satiev, Smith, Burroughs, Sadulaev, etc. 

9 hours ago, jp157 said:

I would ask though. Has Snyder seemed more and more “off” to you the last couple of years? If  you don’t think so. Okie dokie. To me he has.

Have you coached or been teammates with studs who got burned out and took weird losses or injuries? Especially in the postseason. Like in the practice room with them I mean. 

If you think I have my large head up my ass... well darn. But I would like to know what specific points you disagree with. 

I could have left that comment in reply to almost any one of your posts. 

28 minutes ago, nyum said:

I could have left that comment in reply to almost any one of your posts. 

Fair, 

oh wait, should I get emotional and use different fonts and exclamation points to scream hyperbole because someone dared to insult me?

nah. Seems like too much for an Internet forum. The only thing I will say in my defense is that I have actually admitted when I’ve been wrong. That being said, I understand why you see my posts that way. Between quarantine and seeing some of the issues wrestling is facing. My filter is all out.

Though if you think I’m wrong about something or disagree with my posts. Go ahead and tell me so and why. Isn’t that the point of the forum?

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Maybe/maybe not HEW but certainly the world specifically scouting him for 5 years has something to do with it. Makes you appreciate even more the longevity of guys like Satiev, Smith, Burroughs, Sadulaev, etc. 

Thank you. HEW sums it up better than my long a$$ loquacious ramble post. It really does come across to me as HEW way more than being scouted. His demeanor, intensity, and body language are what I’m looking at. 

absolutely agree about the guys with longevity. Especially given Most of their styles. 

And seriously thank you for actually reading the post and responding even though you mostly disagree. Rather than get offended or emotional. 

I think Snyder will look great next year.  Onre thing to notice about him - when an opponent gets under him from a double or hi c, the td is complete.  He doesnt have the length to grab an ankle.  Noticed that in his first match with Sadulaev as well as this one. 

12 hours ago, jp157 said:

I think what you say has merit. A lot of time wrestlers end up as HEW it is because they are no longer as dominant as they were early in their career. Mayne not having Roselli is part of the problem. JB is still working with Manning and Snyder and the only dropoff I see with him is because of age. Good point!

I agree on the drop off without Roselli.  Reminds me of Mike Tyson when he left his training system, talented, but not enough to overcome the right coaching.  On the plus side, Moore is making good progress, but the spot definitely favors Cox.

23 hours ago, jp157 said:

Idk how to specifically articulate it. But he gives off all the same red flags as that stud who’s cut weight all season who burns out and takes a weird ass loss in the post season. Shocking to outsiders, but if you look at the coaches.. you can tell they saw it coming and were hoping they were wrong. That kinda thing.

I have not watched any of Synder's recent matches so I am not commenting about him, but I know exactly what you are talking about.  I've been the coach sitting in the chair wishing I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Big Nasty said:

I have not watched any of Synder's recent matches so I am not commenting about him, but I know exactly what you are talking about.  I've been the coach sitting in the chair wishing I was wrong.

It sucks. 

Not questioning Snyder's phenomenal early results. But definite signs of regression, being decked by Sadulaev in 2018 and then totally shut down by Sharifov in 2019. The international guys are figuring him out; superior cardio and weight training power can only take a single leg so far. Now being outwrestled by Gadson before the injury and then Gadson being handled by Moore does not bode well. Can he turn it around? Of course. Unless he grows as a technician, though, not gonna happen. He's always taken some losses at small meets (being beaten by juice freak Boltukaev, etc.) but I think this recent spell is very different.  You age quickly at this level. The 24 year old cannot and should not train the same as the 18 year old.