Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jeffrideal

Dylan Ragusin - Impressive

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

What is his story?  Freshman at Michigan sitting in the finals of the Sr. Nationals.  Beat Cruz and curb stomped Sean Russell.  Vito will be the test tomorrow. 

2 time IL state champ and 4 time finalist.Was 6 time Fargo AA and was ranked #4 @ 126 senior year.Attended Montini and was trained by Israel (Izzy) Martinez

Edited by calot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Sean Russell teched Medley.   Not sure how those translate to folk but if McHenry gained any weight Michigan could have a crowded room at 125.  I assume Ragusin would have redshirted normally, but won’t need to if they give everyone the free year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And Sean Russell teched Medley.   Not sure how those translate to folk but if McHenry gained any weight Michigan could have a crowded room at 125.  I assume Ragusin would have redshirted normally, but won’t need to if they give everyone the free year.

Ragusin has the frame to grow into a 133 once he hits the college weight program.But he looks like the best option at 125 this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

And Sean Russell teched Medley.   Not sure how those translate to folk but if McHenry gained any weight Michigan could have a crowded room at 125.  I assume Ragusin would have redshirted normally, but won’t need to if they give everyone the free year.

I just don't think McHenry will ever have the size to be an AA-level guy at 125 in college.  Would love to be proven wrong, but I think it isn't going to happen for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, calot said:

Ragusin has the frame to grow into a 133 once he hits the college weight program.But he looks like the best option at 125 this year

Yeah, covid notwithstanding seems he probably would’ve redshirted this year and then 133 would be open after Micic graduates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, calot said:

Ragusin has the frame to grow into a 133 once he hits the college weight program.But he looks like the best option at 125 this year

Ragusin did look really good.  That being understood he also looked really big for the weight. (this is something he shared with Sam Latona)  If he can effectively make and hold 125 this year he will a great addition for the Wolverine lineup and I could see him being an AA threat.  However do not forget that this tournament weight was 129 lbs. (25 +2 kg). In the future hime and McHenry can make a nice start to Michigan's lineup.  Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Ragusin did look really good.  That being understood he also looked really big for the weight. (this is something he shared with Sam Latona)  If he can effectively make and hold 125 this year he will a great addition for the Wolverine lineup and I could see him being an AA threat.  However do not forget that this tournament weight was 129 lbs. (25 +2 kg). In the future hime and McHenry can make a nice start to Michigan's lineup.  Time will tell.

Good point.  Actually wasn’t it 130?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Ragusin did look really good.  That being understood he also looked really big for the weight. (this is something he shared with Sam Latona)  If he can effectively make and hold 125 this year he will a great addition for the Wolverine lineup and I could see him being an AA threat.  However do not forget that this tournament weight was 129 lbs. (25 +2 kg). In the future hime and McHenry can make a nice start to Michigan's lineup.  Time will tell.

Latona was huge but will make the cut to 125.Ragusin was big as well but I would expect him to be able to make 125 for 1 year with a shortened season.McHenry needs to grow a bunch but will get Olympic RS this year again and then can RS next year so in a few years he should be big enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calot said:

Latona was huge but will make the cut to 125.Ragusin was big as well but I would expect him to be able to make 125 for 1 year with a shortened season.McHenry needs to grow a bunch but will get Olympic RS this year again and then can RS next year so in a few years he should be big enough

You don't think Ragusin uses the Olympic redshirt he just qualified for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Is Dylan's success this week due to training under Sergei?

I expect after the  NCAA vote tomorrow this year season won't count towards eligibility.I imagine it helped him some training under Sergei but he won 2 Fargo titles and was 6 time Fargo AA.He was trained by Izzy his whole life so he had great coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...