Sign in to follow this  
jeffrideal

Dylan Ragusin - Impressive

10 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

What is his story?  Freshman at Michigan sitting in the finals of the Sr. Nationals.  Beat Cruz and curb stomped Sean Russell.  Vito will be the test tomorrow. 

2 time IL state champ and 4 time finalist.Was 6 time Fargo AA and was ranked #4 @ 126 senior year.Attended Montini and was trained by Israel (Izzy) Martinez

Edited by calot

And Sean Russell teched Medley.   Not sure how those translate to folk but if McHenry gained any weight Michigan could have a crowded room at 125.  I assume Ragusin would have redshirted normally, but won’t need to if they give everyone the free year.

41 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And Sean Russell teched Medley.   Not sure how those translate to folk but if McHenry gained any weight Michigan could have a crowded room at 125.  I assume Ragusin would have redshirted normally, but won’t need to if they give everyone the free year.

Ragusin has the frame to grow into a 133 once he hits the college weight program.But he looks like the best option at 125 this year

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I just don't think McHenry will ever have the size to be an AA-level guy at 125 in college.  Would love to be proven wrong, but I think it isn't going to happen for him.

4 hours ago, calot said:

Ragusin has the frame to grow into a 133 once he hits the college weight program.But he looks like the best option at 125 this year

Yeah, covid notwithstanding seems he probably would’ve redshirted this year and then 133 would be open after Micic graduates 

On 10/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, calot said:

Ragusin did look really good.  That being understood he also looked really big for the weight. (this is something he shared with Sam Latona)  If he can effectively make and hold 125 this year he will a great addition for the Wolverine lineup and I could see him being an AA threat.  However do not forget that this tournament weight was 129 lbs. (25 +2 kg). In the future hime and McHenry can make a nice start to Michigan's lineup.  Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Ragusin did look really good.  That being understood he also looked really big for the weight. (this is something he shared with Sam Latona)  If he can effectively make and hold 125 this year he will a great addition for the Wolverine lineup and I could see him being an AA threat.  However do not forget that this tournament weight was 129 lbs. (25 +2 kg). In the future hime and McHenry can make a nice start to Michigan's lineup.  Time will tell.

Good point.  Actually wasn’t it 130?

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Latona was huge but will make the cut to 125.Ragusin was big as well but I would expect him to be able to make 125 for 1 year with a shortened season.McHenry needs to grow a bunch but will get Olympic RS this year again and then can RS next year so in a few years he should be big enough

1 hour ago, calot said:

Latona was huge but will make the cut to 125.Ragusin was big as well but I would expect him to be able to make 125 for 1 year with a shortened season.McHenry needs to grow a bunch but will get Olympic RS this year again and then can RS next year so in a few years he should be big enough

You don't think Ragusin uses the Olympic redshirt he just qualified for?

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Is Dylan's success this week due to training under Sergei?

I expect after the  NCAA vote tomorrow this year season won't count towards eligibility.I imagine it helped him some training under Sergei but he won 2 Fargo titles and was 6 time Fargo AA.He was trained by Izzy his whole life so he had great coaching.