IronChef

Winn-Dixie vs. Jonesy Tilt

Clearly looks like Ragusin started his roll from the mat.  Nolf “started” his in mid air as he was being lifted.

If he was being lifted, dues that mean he took his opponent feet-to-back, and it should be a four point move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

If he was being lifted, dues that mean he took his opponent feet-to-back, and it should be a four point move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, McFadden was on his knees while lifting Nolf.

I dunno, I’m still not crazy about FS rules in general.  If nothing else I think a tech should be 15 like folk.  These 30 second techs because someone gets a takedown then rolls around a few times are kinda dumb IMO.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, 1032004 said:

I dunno, I’m still not crazy about FS rules in general.  If nothing else I think a tech should be 15 like folk.  These 30 second techs because someone gets a takedown then rolls around a few times are kinda dumb IMO.

Lol

On 10/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, 1032004 said:

They should not allow multiple points on the same hold. That's the rule in folkstyle and it makes sense.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, NJDan said:

They should not allow multiple points on the same hold. That's the rule in folkstyle and it makes sense.

It was the rule is FS for awhile as well.  You had to break the hold before scoring again.  They seemed to swicth the this rule frequently throughout the 1980s and 90s. 

I think it was a good rule

On 5/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, NJDan said:

I like the art of the turn but also get annoyed with some of the quick one lock 10-0 runs. Pushing your luck can and should get you killed in freestyle, but to find the true best in the match I’d like to see more than someone getting caught in one hold.  I could live with a compromise.  Maybe 2pts for the initial turn then 1pt each for any continuation of the same turn after that.  Most guys would either have to run it out of bounds and that leads to a restart.  Or they would need to stop their motion and adjust away from the out of bounds which should give their opponent a better opportunity to fight the hold.  Either way you likely get the winner that has deal with at least one neutral restarts or has to change to another hold to get the 10 point advantage.  

But I think the UWW like these sudden endings for now.  To them it gives some lesser wrestlers from none wrestling rich countries a slight shot at pulling the upset by falling into the turn.  It also makes the matches quicker which I think UWW feel added excitement for the crowd and motivates some action since the winner earn added rest time.  

Edited by MadMardigain

5 hours ago, Jim L said:

It was the rule is FS for awhile as well.  You had to break the hold before scoring again.  They seemed to swicth the this rule frequently throughout the 1980s and 90s. 

You could also choose to continue with the match instead of accepting the tech fall.

7 hours ago, Jim L said:

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

You could also choose to continue with the match instead of accepting the tech fall.

Touch fall.