nhs67

2020 Juniors Cancelled/Seniors is on!

Well I sure hope that we go, I mean we are wrestling and we have college football and pro sports and they’re playing soccer in Europe, so I have to think that they will follow some sort of protocol, but I think that people and organizations should feel that it’s relatively safe.  

“In the event that UWW keeps the 2020 Senior World Championships on the calendar and USA Wrestling plans to send teams, this event will most likely serve as our 2020 Senior World Team Trials.  Therefore, ONLY U.S. athletes who are eligible to represent the United States may enter.”

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2000215702/eligibility

13 minutes ago, IronChef said:

“In the event that UWW keeps the 2020 Senior World Championships on the calendar and USA Wrestling plans to send teams, this event will most likely serve as our 2020 Senior World Team Trials.  Therefore, ONLY U.S. athletes who are eligible to represent the United States may enter.”

https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2000215702/eligibility

I'm actually pretty okay with the team we're sending, then. Just my opinion, though.

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

Does anyone know about Veterans worlds? I'm ready to dust off the Converse.

Do you know if your fellow Veterans competitor Mike Kelly will show up in his Jordans?

I would be okay with this:

Senior Nats winners are sitting in the finals.

Any previous years gold medalists of any weight class can challenge at any weight class.

Any previous years medalists can challenge at that specific weight class they medaled at.

In the event that there are more than one there will be a round robin the night before(97kg could potentially have 4 guys if you think about it).

In the event there is no wrestler that meets the above criteria then then you would start on the ladder.

Lets be real many folks may flat out say no to accepting a match series later this month, early next month.

In any case I do believe one in the best of three should be from Senior Nats.  Everyone knew that it would 'likely' be used and folks decided not to show up for it. So if Alirez says no to the shot then Henderson should get the invite then McKenna, etc.  They placed up to 8 so...

The event would be a one day thing with one weigh in.

Edited by nhs67

I could also just see them go down the list and not do a day before round robin.

Meaning something like this to select the competitors:

Senior Nats 1st, then 2nd then 3rd, etc to get one slot.

Then for the other slot: Previous years gold medalists at that weight class, recency supercedes.  Then previous years medalists at that weight class, recency supercedes.  Then previous years gold medalists at any weight class, recency supercedes.  Then previous years medalists at any weight class, recency supercedes.  Then the ladder?

The UWW Executive Committee, taking into account the current epidemiological situation, will make the final decision on whether to host the 2020 World Championship at its meeting on November 6. And before that, by November 5, the national federations must provide accurate information about the sports delegations sent to Belgrade, Serbia.

This event is exactly 2 months away.  That's enough time to train and peak for the event, but hosting any sort of trials between now and then seems tough to do.  I hope the guys and girls on our teams are fully ready to go.  Will we see the #1s?  Dake, Taylor, Cox, Burroughs?  What about Spencer Lee?  

5 hours ago, Glane18 said:

This event is exactly 2 months away.  That's enough time to train and peak for the event, but hosting any sort of trials between now and then seems tough to do.  I hope the guys and girls on our teams are fully ready to go.  Will we see the #1s?  Dake, Taylor, Cox, Burroughs?  What about Spencer Lee?  

USAW said Senior Nats was likely going to be WTT when they announced it was taking place.