nhs67

2020 Juniors Cancelled/Seniors is on!

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

We are really gonna send the b team to worlds?!?!

I would not object in the slightest.

They published in the initial announcement that it would 'likely' be used.  Every single person knew this ahead of time.

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I would not object in the slightest.

They published in the initial announcement that it would 'likely' be used.  Every single person knew this ahead of time.

Not in the slightest?!? 

And obviously no one believed it was likely, you don't think these guys have back channels in USA wrestling? None of our heavy hitters showed up, someone told them they didn't have to, or they don't care about 2020 worlds for some reason. 

32 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Not in the slightest?!? 

And obviously no one believed it was likely, you don't think these guys have back channels in USA wrestling? None of our heavy hitters showed up, someone told them they didn't have to, or they don't care about 2020 worlds for some reason. 

Perhaps what was projected as a worldwife pandemic was reason enough for their coaches to convince them they shouldn't worry because it won't happen.

So no.  Not in the slightest.  They should have showed up.  Period.

That said the key word 'likely' will be bent.  My bet is that they offer last year's incumbents at each weight the spot with the exception of 86, where Downey is currently suspended.  They'll offer Taylor this under pre-reqs of him qualifying the weight.

The Senior Nat champs who actually showed up will be left out to dry.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Perhaps what was projected as a worldwife pandemic was reason enough for their coaches to convince them they shouldn't worry because it won't happen.

I am just saying on some level you have to care that we wouldn't be sending our best team to worlds. 

If we were socializing 3 year old's learning to play by the rules is the only consideration, but you have to care a little bit about the USA having success in international wrestling.

USAW created an issue where there did not have to be one...

had they just nutted up and had a 10 weight nationals and come out and said without equivocation that if worlds happened, the winners will represent the US there, then all this silliness that is about to happen would have been avoided...

now, did they do that on purpose so they could then hand pick the team if necessary?

it’s a definite possibility...

and if that is indeed the case, everyone should feel a little less RAH RAH about our governing body...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

USAW created an issue where there did not have to be one...

had they just nutted up and had a 10 weight nationals and come out and said without equivocation that if worlds happened, the winners will represent the US there, then all this silliness that is about to happen would have been avoided...

now, did they do that on purpose so they could then hand pick the team if necessary?

it’s a definite possibility...

and if that is indeed the case, everyone should feel a little less RAH RAH about our governing body...

wonderful post.

I don’t know how wonderful it really is...

it felt greasy even typing it...

but, USAW has cooked a bracket before, so, they are not above reproach...
it was just an awful decision on nationals that has caused this... 

if did not need to happen...

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am just saying on some level you have to care that we wouldn't be sending our best team to worlds. 

If we were socializing 3 year old's learning to play by the rules is the only consideration, but you have to care a little bit about the USA having success in international wrestling.

I do.  While I doubly believe our current squad would be competitive I am also a fan of every person who actually decided to show up and win our only USAW event in a year.

Backwards hat guy is actually right on about this...

I would rather lose every match with the guys who showed up than win golds with those who could not be bothered...

our process is built on merit... to go away from that cheapens everything...

Whilst it would be low hanging fruit to laugh at not answering a basic question then calling someone a meathead.

I’ve become more worried about the general way I feel very disappointed in the wrestling has handled this whole situation mentally.

Do I like all the restrictions. No. Do I want to have wrestling like normal. Yes. Do I want to teach in person and not virtually. He’ll yes. That does not change the reality of the situation we’re in. So can everyone stop whining and you know.. act like actual wrestlers.

Im happy there is a worlds at all this year so far

42 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

It was funny...  Tobus was on a roll this morn with the, "rascal" comment regarding, 'The Senator' as well.  

So, it was clever before the edit?

8 hours ago, LJB said:

Editing a 6 word post...

You should probably stick to the meathead forum...

I notice you didn't  answer? Oh, you should thank me for the edit, I was much ruder in the original response :D 

Never wrestled a match, but yet here you are the subject matter expert on all things wrestling. How interesting. 

19 hours ago, LJB said:

Backwards hat guy is actually right on about this...

I would rather lose every match with the guys who showed up than win golds with those who could not be bothered...

our process is built on merit... to go away from that cheapens everything...

Our process isn't built on merit, its built on putting the guy most likely to win worlds into worlds. 

Correct me if I am wrong but someone's merit is not related to their talent right?

On 10/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, nhs67 said:

That said the key word 'likely' will be bent.  My bet is that they offer last year's incumbents at each weight the spot with the exception of 86, where Downey is currently suspended.  They'll offer Taylor this under pre-reqs of him qualifying the weight.

The Senior Nat champs who actually showed up will be left out to dry.

Just a note that if we offered the position to the incumbents from 2019, 57 Kg would require replacement in addition to 86 Kg as our returning representative at that weight is under suspension as well.

21 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I notice you didn't  answer? Oh, you should thank me for the edit, I was much ruder in the original response :D 

Never wrestled a match, but yet here you are the subject matter expert on all things wrestling. How interesting. 

Thanks for the edit?

You probably really believe that...

and let’s be honest, is bear dancing while getting pushed straight back 40 years ago really wrestling?

i’m unconvinced...

regardless, I’ll never cease to be amused by the fragile egos of some of the posters on this forum...

obli di obli da...

18 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Our process isn't built on merit, its built on putting the guy most likely to win worlds into worlds. 

Correct me if I am wrong but someone's merit is not related to their talent right?

Not built on merit?

we have a process where the winner represents us... The earn the right by being the best on the day we choose them...

that is merit...

USAW has removed that clear process with a poorly executed national tournament when worlds was still in the balance...

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

Thanks for the edit?

You probably really believe that...

and let’s be honest, is bear dancing while getting pushed straight back 40 years ago really wrestling?

i’m unconvinced...

regardless, I’ll never cease to be amused by the fragile egos of some of the posters on this forum...

obli di obli da...

You know what you should do? You should enter a Sr Citizen level event sometime so you can show us the skills you've learned from watching wrestling over the years.  

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

You know what you should do? You should enter a Sr Citizen level event sometime so you can show us the skills you've learned from watching wrestling over the years.  

It would be a valid request if I had ever claimed once to have any skills wrestling...

but...

I have never...

nor have I ever claimed to be anything that I am not...

it’s just you and those like you not only  overvalue your opinions, but, have such thin skin and fragile egos... 

I’m ok with it...

it’s very typical of most people...

average is average for a reason...