nhs67

2020 Juniors Cancelled/Seniors is on!

3 hours ago, LJB said:

Not built on merit?

we have a process where the winner represents us... The earn the right by being the best on the day we choose them...

that is merit...

USAW has removed that clear process with a poorly executed national tournament when worlds was still in the balance...

Don't really agree with your definition of merit, but regardless the fact that USAW said "likely" is incompetence of the highest order. 

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Don't really agree with your definition of merit, but regardless the fact that USAW said "likely" is incompetence of the highest order. 

Maybe not by the term, 'definition'  but it is hard to disagree with what was written...

Yet you seem to feel qualified to comment on the “toughness” of the competitors in a sport you’ve never done..

one might understand you commenting on technique you saw. After all One can watch clinics or watch their sons practice. One might understand you commenting on tournament setup.

But you most definitely portray  yourself as more than you are and as an expert. Including things like Commenting on the toughness of competitors or technique like you have actually done those sort of things. Only when directly asked or called out.. do you either freak out or try some neckbeard wannabe intellectual superiority.

So youll have to forgive someone for laughing at a dad whose never wrestled commenting on the “toughness” and whatnot of senior level competitors.

5 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Yet you seem to feel qualified to comment on the “toughness” of the competitors in a sport you’ve never done..

one might understand you commenting on technique you saw. After all One can watch clinics or watch their sons practice. One might understand you commenting on tournament setup.

But you most definitely portray  yourself as more than you are and as an expert. Including things like Commenting on the toughness of competitors or technique like you have actually done those sort of things. Only when directly asked or called out.. do you either freak out or try some neckbeard wannabe intellectual superiority.

So youll have to forgive someone for laughing at a dad whose never wrestled commenting on the “toughness” and whatnot of senior level competitors.

I was waiting for my stalker to make an appearance...

Right on cue...

you fall in the aforementioned category...

it’s a shame because I really don’t think your are unintelligent or that you don’t have anything to offer, but, your thin skin, and penchant to use Internet parlor tricks or just flat out fabricate things to fit your narrative unfortunately resigns you to someone who is not worthy of a real consideration...

you have no honor...

but for sure, keep trying to get your pat on the back...

im pulling for you, little fella...

23 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

If winning a tournament specifically designed to determine who is the best on that day and represent us in the world stage is not earning something on merit, well, I am at a complete loss as to what is...

Just now, LJB said:

If winning a tournament specifically designed to determine who is the best on that day and represent us in the world stage is not earning something on merit, well, I am at a complete loss as to what is...

I just always considered "merit" to be a word that didn't take talent into account, and obviously talent feeds into who makes the world team, but no big deal that's just semantics.

Double checking, was USAW's last word the subject really that the US Open winners would "likely" be the world team reps? I am still stunned by that.

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I just always considered "merit" to be a word that didn't take talent into account, and obviously talent feeds into who makes the world team, but no big deal that's just semantics.

Double checking, was USAW's last word the subject really that the US Open winners would "likely" be the world team reps? I am still stunned by that.

To be honest, I don’t recall exactly the last word by USAW, but, the moment they decided nationals was going to be 6 weights only removed any objectivity for 2020 worlds...

you can’t pick half your team one way and the other half another...

I can only assume it was done purposely...

22 minutes ago, LJB said:

I was waiting for my stalker to make an appearance...

Right on cue...

you fall in the aforementioned category...

it’s a shame because I really don’t think your are unintelligent or that you don’t have anything to offer, but, your thin skin, and penchant to use Internet parlor tricks or just flat out fabricate things to fit your narrative unfortunately resigns you to someone who is not worthy of a real consideration...

you have no honor...

but for sure, keep trying to get your pat on the back...

im pulling for you, little fella...

What did I fabricate specifically? please articulate

And while you articulated a lengthy answer. Absolutely none of it addressed the point about you commenting on the toughness of competitors in something you have never done..  you seem completely comfortable commenting on the coaching of a sport and toughness of a sport you’ve never coached or competed in. you act and portray yourself as an expert till directly addressed. 

commenting about someones honor over internet arguments goes into hyperbole territory.

As to the topic. And anyone familiar with USA wrestling’s history should not be surprised by how they’ve handled it. At all. Including you. 

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Unfortunately I think we often underestimate the incompetence that permeates our institutions...

I would argue that most instances dismissed as incompetence is actually a function of dollars and cents...

It’s pretty easy to dismiss decisions we don’t agree with as incompetence...

2 minutes ago, jp157 said:

What did I fabricate specifically? please articulate

And while you articulated a lengthy answer. Absolutely none of it addressed the point about you commenting on the toughness of competitors in something you have never done..  you seem completely comfortable commenting on the coaching of a sport and toughness of a sport you’ve never coached or competed in. you act and portray yourself as an expert till directly addressed. 

commenting about someones honor over internet arguments goes into hyperbole territory.

As to the topic. And anyone familiar with USA wrestling’s history should not be surprised by how they’ve handled it. At all. Including you. 

You got your one legitimate response from me already today...

you have no honor...

go seek your validation elsewhere...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

I would argue that most instances dismissed as incompetence is actually a function of dollars and cents...

It’s pretty easy to dismiss decisions we don’t agree with as incompetence...

In my experience a lot more bad decisions are caused by incompetence than malice, but point taken.

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Well what is the financial incentive for USAW to make themselves look stupid by throwing in the word "likely". 

How does this help them when they could have said nothing, or "we will determine a procedure when worlds is confirmed".

Pure speculation, but, they could use it as an excuse to say we aren’t going as we don’t have a full “team” properly chosen...

that saves a large chunk of change in a year where their revenue stream has taken a huge hit...

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

Pure speculation, but, they could use it as an excuse to say we aren’t going as we don’t have a full “team” properly chosen...

that saves a large chunk of change in a year where their revenue stream has taken a huge hit...

If that was their endgame I think they would just claim fear for the safety of athletes/families etc as a rationale for not sending a team...but we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by hammerlockthree

28 minutes ago, LJB said:

You got your one legitimate response from me already today...

you have no honor...

go seek your validation elsewhere...

Lol look at you. Finding ways to not answer. Keep on keeping on spectator

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

If that was their endgame I think they would just claim fear for the safety of athletes/families etc as a rationale for not ending a team...but we'll see how it plays out.

They can still do that...

the 6 weights at nationals leads me to believe they did not intend to go to worlds in any event...

I would love to be wrong...

42 minutes ago, LJB said:

**yawn**

no validation for you here, sparky...

I’m interested in actual direct answers to questions. Not constant evasions because direct answers would hurt your claims. 

As far as honor. Never having the moral courage to answer people directly.. because it would hurt your point.. and insulting them instead. I guess intellectual coward trying to claim I have no honor doesn’t really hold. 

As far as worlds and going or not going. Can people please start understanding something very basic.. this year is going to be different. Period. Everyone in the future will know all the asterisks attached just like the 84 Olympics. If we send a team at all it’ll be a big boy version of a coach picking his varsity starters one week instead of wrestle-offs. Honestly I’d rather it was that, and out in the open. than the questionable bracketing and calls that have happened in the past

2 hours ago, jp157 said:

I’m interested in actual direct answers to questions. Not constant evasions because direct answers would hurt your claims. 

As far as honor. Never having the moral courage to answer people directly.. because it would hurt your point.. and insulting them instead. I guess intellectual coward trying to claim I have no honor doesn’t really hold. 

As far as worlds and going or not going. Can people please start understanding something very basic.. this year is going to be different. Period. Everyone in the future will know all the asterisks attached just like the 84 Olympics. If we send a team at all it’ll be a big boy version of a coach picking his varsity starters one week instead of wrestle-offs. Honestly I’d rather it was that, and out in the open. than the questionable bracketing and calls that have happened in the past

Ha...

internet parlor tricks...

fabrication...

no honor...

run along, sparky...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Ha...

internet parlor tricks...

fabrication...

no honor...

run along, sparky...

What was fabricated? My opinion about the way this year is going? Are you capable of making a direct reply? 

or commenting on the actual wrestling discussed?

*Have you not stepped on a mat because your ribs would go snap, crackle, pop if you got gutted? Is that why you retreat behind vague non answers and insults? You’re embarrassed you couldn’t handle the true styles?

31 minutes ago, jp157 said:

What was fabricated? My opinion about the way this year is going? Are you capable of making a direct reply? 

or commenting on the actual wrestling discussed?

*Have you not stepped on a mat because your ribs would go snap, crackle, pop if you got gutted? Is that why you retreat behind vague non answers and insults? You’re embarrassed you couldn’t handle the true styles?

You are adorable...

4 hours ago, LJB said:

You are adorable...

I’ve commented on the thread topic several times and asked direct questions you avoid answering and only give vague non answers or insults in reply. 

I really think that’s the reason now. Your ribs would go snap crackle pop. Yet you seem to feel qualified to act like you’re a tough guy until directly asked what you’ve done.. so while you can attempt to be condescending. Seeing you so visibly react to someone asking you basic questions then avoid answering. 

Why do you feel like you are such an expert about wrestling and about being tough again?

And the US just being honest and picking the team in a crapshoot year is way more honest than retroactively making the open a wrestle off.

3 hours ago, jp157 said:

I’ve commented on the thread topic several times and asked direct questions you avoid answering and only give vague non answers or insults in reply. 

I really think that’s the reason now. Your ribs would go snap crackle pop. Yet you seem to feel qualified to act like you’re a tough guy until directly asked what you’ve done.. so while you can attempt to be condescending. Seeing you so visibly react to someone asking you basic questions then avoid answering. 

Why do you feel like you are such an expert about wrestling and about being tough again?

And the US just being honest and picking the team in a crapshoot year is way more honest than retroactively making the open a wrestle off.

Don't feed the troll, bro.

That guy doesn't have the testicular fortitude to hold adult conversations.  You prove him wrong and he reverts back to some sort of childhood hive mentality of 'you suck dude' or whatever it is.

Let it be and just 'ignore' him.  Click under your name in the top right, in the drop-down it'll have 'ignored users' as an option to select.  Select it, and you can add from there.  EZPZ lemon squeezy.

I can be a gigantic A$5HAT myself, but this guy?  Takes the birthday cake.  Just do it.  Life is more pleasant on the forums this way.

Ignored.thumb.png.30ca4ce9e65e7e7f0a808dbfbd2e4b51.png

Edited by nhs67
Fat Fingers