nhs67

2020 Juniors Cancelled/Seniors is on!

1 minute ago, LJB said:

so salty, grassroots...

more chuckling...

Are you more involved than that? Yes or no? 

Lol the fact you’re interpreting that the way you are tells a lot about your delusions of grandeur.

And seriously. Just learn some wrestling. You claim you’re a tuff guy, claim to know wrasslin really well. It shouldn’t be too hard. Then you could try to act more superior.

Just now, LJB said:

hey grassroots...

i know you have no honor, but, those are not our procedures and we should not deviate from our established procedures just because it doesn't serve our results as well...

The procedures are already not being followed.. and have been blown up by a world pandemic. Yawn

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Are you more involved than that? Yes or no? 

Lol the fact you’re interpreting that the way you are tells a lot about your delusions of grandeur.

And seriously. Just learn some wrestling. You claim you’re a tuff guy, claim to know wrasslin really well. It shouldn’t be too hard. Then you could try to act more superior.

grassroots...

you are salty... you stalk me around this forum trying to get some sort of validation...

there is none to be had here...

i am as involved currently as i have ever claimed to be... no more no less...

5 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The procedures are already not being followed.. and have been blown up by a world pandemic. Yawn

hey grassroots...

any honorable person would tell you that is just an excuse...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

grassroots...

you are salty... you stalk me around this forum trying to get some sort of validation...

there is none to be had here...

i am as involved currently as i have ever claimed to be... no more no less...

So that’s a no. Not more involved. Also displaying elitism because of where I currently work with no knowledge of where I worked or where I’ve been offered jobs.. 

just try out wrestling. Attacking my honor because you have a chip on your shoulder about never wrestling is a bit much. Though you do a lot of name calling. So not surprising 

And lol. My Point has been made. 

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

So that’s a no. Not more involved. Also displaying elitism because of where I currently work with no knowledge of where I worked or where I’ve been offered jobs.. 

just try out wrestling. Attacking my honor because you have a chip on your shoulder about never wrestling is a bit much. Though you do a lot of name calling. So not surprising 

Quit. Feeding. It.

3 minutes ago, jp157 said:

hey grassroots...

if your point has been made, then go look for your validation elsewhere...

you don't need to keep up your stalking anymore...

run along now...

qualifying tournament and body of work are both valid ways of picking a team. i prefer qualifying tournament, but tbh, if there's going to be a qualifying tournament i'd also prefer that be made clear not framed as "likely." there's no right answer here because i think many wrestlers expected that either there would be no worlds and even if there were, USAW may not send a team. That said, Snyder showed up (to his dismay), so it's not like there was nobody there who would have been selected for the team if they opted out of an event they expected to be an optional event. 

This is a long and roundabout way of saying there are going to be angry people no matter what the final decision is but all possible answers have reasonable justifications. Sometimes life is funny like that. 

Apropos of absolutely nothing, Russian Nationals were held indoors to a packed house and nobody was wearing masks, to which I will give a rueful "lol".

And as one final note, LJB is (a) not particularly wrong here since it is totally reasonable to want to reward the winners of a "likely" qualifying event and (b) it is completely irrelevant that he didn't wrestle. Neither did I. Polk High is in the rear view mirror, Team Al Bundy. A smelly old singlet in the bottom of a closet is not a requirement to talk about wrestling much less a requirement to talk about team qualification policy. However annoying his rejoinders are it is also at least clear that it is intentional because it is hilarious to him to watch the rest of you flail in response. Everyone else is going insane because they can't help but respond, which is a sickness. You actually can leave him hanging with the last word and you won't turn to dust. I promise.

Edited by ugarte
lotta typos

I could get behind a scenario where they say okay we are going to send a team. Last years team members can challenge this years senior champ to a best of three. It’s somewhat in line with how we decide our team typically anyway. It’s a not so crazy way to go about it in an everything is crazy time. 

That just leaves us with the pickle of the non-olys and how we decide those. 

38 minutes ago, ugarte said:

This is a long and roundabout way of saying there are going to be angry people no matter what the final decision is but all possible answers have reasonable justifications. Sometimes life is funny like that. 

There is no conceivable justification for them saying the US Open Winners would "likely" be the reps. It just makes USAW look corrupt and stupid.  

40 minutes ago, ugarte said:

However annoying his rejoinders are it is also at least clear that it is intentional because it is hilarious to him to watch the rest of you flail in response. Everyone else is going insane because they can't help but respond, which is a sickness. You actually can leave him hanging with the last word and you won't turn to dust. I promise.

I don't know why you give LBJ so much credit he has a bit of an issue not responding himself....

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I could get behind a scenario where they say okay we are going to send a team. Last years team members can challenge this years senior champ to a best of three. It’s somewhat in line with how we decide our team typically anyway. It’s a not so crazy way to go about it in an everything is crazy time. 

That just leaves us with the pickle of the non-olys and how we decide those. 

we can't decide to pick half the team one way and the other half another...

or rather... we should not in good conscience...

but, i feel like the 6 weight national while worlds was still in the balance was done intentionally... 

for exactly what reason will surely show itself soon enough...

34 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't know why you give LBJ so much credit he has a bit of an issue not responding himself....

my granpappy used to say...

if god didn't want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep...

admittedly, i get a little too much pleasure in making the monkey's dance...

i know it is a character flaw...

4 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

There is no conceivable justification for them saying the US Open Winners would "likely" be the reps. It just makes USAW look corrupt and stupid.  

sure, but also it is the past and having been told it was likely, how surprised are you allowed to be if it comes to be true

4 hours ago, LJB said:

we can't decide to pick half the team one way and the other half another...

or rather... we should not in good conscience...

this is arbitrary. I'm not saying usaw made good choices but there is nothing unconscionable about saying "if you won nationals that comes with a spot on the roster, as we said would probably be the case. now that we know worlds has ten weights we will fill the other slots and field a full team. we apologize for not holding trials at all ten."

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

What does that mean

they said it was likely. it's a weird way to conduct your business as a governing body to be sure but it was information that eligible wrestlers had to act on. 

as someone who both thinks it's crazy that they are holding wrestling meets during a pandemic and also will watch any wrestling that's available i know that there is a lot screwed up about the whole process but "I didn't know" isn't a compelling argument to me for anyone who feels robbed of an opportunity to make the team. 

Edited by ugarte
more typos

39 minutes ago, ugarte said:

this is arbitrary. I'm not saying usaw made good choices but there is nothing unconscionable about saying "if you won nationals that comes with a spot on the roster, as we said would probably be the case. now that we know worlds has ten weights we will fill the other slots and field a full team. we apologize for not holding trials at all ten."

not giving an athlete a chance to earn a spot and possibly a medal at their optimum weight is not "right"...

a world medal is a culmination of a lifetime of work and commitment...

then consider the financial aspect of that... the living the dream fund pays real money for medals...

it's just been handled in a very greasy manner...

12 minutes ago, ugarte said:

for sure but there's a gap between greasy and unconscionable. it's hyperbolic.

There is also a gap between not in good conscious and unconscionable...

semantics will never go out of style...

Sigh, it’s going to be sketch no matter what. Life isn’t fair. It’s actually one of the biggest lessons wrestling can teach.. supposedly. Just openly picking the team would be less sketchy than how they’re handling it so far. 

Before people try to “attack my honor”. I don’t like them handling it this way. I just am capable of understanding what’s going on in the world around simultaneously. I’m more worried about wrestling in general at all levels making it through this year more than a couple of people’s individual results.

A big reason wrestling is the 2nd or 3rd tier a lot of places.. is because people haven’t been capable of looking at things big picture. The easiest example being not using title IX to actually help wrestling by using to it to aggressively push girls wrestling. 

and most importantly.. Worlds still may not happen.. cause it’s fall, soon winter in the northern hemisphere. And cases are spiking.. just like was predicted. 

Yes, I’m aware some don’t think that’s a big deal. Okie dokie. That’s not how organizations and most governments handle or look at such things. So you can understand the world we live in and be ready for what happens. Even if you don’t agree or like it. Or go into denial mode and squawk like headless chickens when programs get cut or events are canceled