nhs67

2020 Juniors Cancelled/Seniors is on!

3 hours ago, jp157 said:

Sigh, it’s going to be sketch no matter what. Life isn’t fair. It’s actually one of the biggest lessons wrestling can teach.. supposedly. Just openly picking the team would be less sketchy than how they’re handling it so far. 

Before people try to “attack my honor”. I don’t like them handling it this way. I just am capable of understanding what’s going on in the world around simultaneously. I’m more worried about wrestling in general at all levels making it through this year more than a couple of people’s individual results.

A big reason wrestling is the 2nd or 3rd tier a lot of places.. is because people haven’t been capable of looking at things big picture. The easiest example being not using title IX to actually help wrestling by using to it to aggressively push girls wrestling. 

and most importantly.. Worlds still may not happen.. cause it’s fall, soon winter in the northern hemisphere. And cases are spiking.. just like was predicted. 

Yes, I’m aware some don’t think that’s a big deal. Okie dokie. That’s not how organizations and most governments handle or look at such things. So you can understand the world we live in and be ready for what happens. Even if you don’t agree or like it. Or go into denial mode and squawk like headless chickens when programs get cut or events are canceled

I actually agree with a lot of what you said in regards to people not looking at things from the big picture perspective and looking at things very myopically...it happens and is happening with wrestling, and it is happening with this virus thing, and it is happening in politics, etc.  But I will say just because "that is the way it is" and how people normally act, doesn't mean we shouldn't squawk and make "waves"...that is sometimes the only way things will change and people may finally start looking at the bigger picture and have a more wholistic view of things before making decisions.  Because people don't tend to look at things holistically they tend to take the easy road out and just "give up", or take the super easy less risk adverse approach to things versus taking the time to use the current situation that a lot of us don't have control over and figure out the best way to do something without just "giving up" (i.e., just cut wrestling, just shut down the economy, etc.).  I know...I know...it's a pipe dream, but I won't stop squawking or making waves either.

By the way, the "fights" LJB has with people is super entertaining!  LOL

2 hours ago, dman115 said:

I actually agree with a lot of what you said in regards to people not looking at things from the big picture perspective and looking at things very myopically...it happens and is happening with wrestling, and it is happening with this virus thing, and it is happening in politics, etc.  But I will say just because "that is the way it is" and how people normally act, doesn't mean we shouldn't squawk and make "waves"...that is sometimes the only way things will change and people may finally start looking at the bigger picture and have a more wholistic view of things before making decisions.  Because people don't tend to look at things holistically they tend to take the easy road out and just "give up", or take the super easy less risk adverse approach to things versus taking the time to use the current situation that a lot of us don't have control over and figure out the best way to do something without just "giving up" (i.e., just cut wrestling, just shut down the economy, etc.).  I know...I know...it's a pipe dream, but I won't stop squawking or making waves either.

I had a whole long response but I can actually sum up my point this way. Wrestling needs to be much more willing to “play politics”. Everyone is used to wrestling loudly complaining.. and then cut $$ and programs anyway. And a big reason is too many people thinking small picture or having some wannabe macho tuff attitude about certain things. 

So yeah, I’m going to think making sure wrestling gets through this year mostly intact is more important than a couple of individual wrestlers participating in a lame duck worlds year. Shrug, next year for the Olympics I’ll care way more. 

It’s also frustrating because wrestling is so easy to cut because it is seen as the reactionary loud affliction shirt wearing member of the sports world.. by way too many. (Ahem, for this immature ones. I don’t like this perception, I don’t agree with it. But it exists. Whining about “how soft” people are nowadays won’t change that). 

When it’s the most inherently progressive and inclusive sport that’s ever existed. But we don’t promote that nearly uniformly enough. It doesn’t matter if you like that stuff or think it’s “liberal crap”.. that’s the cultural zeitgeist. And we could actually promote ourselves as such with a straight face.. and we do, sometimes. Not nearly enough.

LBJ.. well as far as the wannabe tuff guy wrestling dad goes. Triggering him, then watching him then evade questions.. then trying to act like he isn’t triggered is fun at this point. 

Edited by jp157
Grammar. I forgot a word

3 hours ago, dman115 said:

BJMaster is a $HlT$TAlN to society.

Every breath he breaths is a thievery.  Not one of his keyboard warrior keystrokes would be missed if he no longer existed.

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

BJMaster is a $HlT$TAlN to society.

Every breath he breaths is a thievery.  Not one of his keyboard warrior keystrokes would be missed if he no longer existed.

i am literally laughing out loud right now...

backwards hat guy, you have made my day...