It appears his right knee is injured.  And it appears it was injured before his match with Gadsen if that very large knee pad says anything.  

Does anyone know what kind of injury he sustained at Seniors?  I like that these guys want to wrestle but he didn't have to at this meet.  In retrospect, not a good decision.  But you have to wrestle to stay sharp.  Really sad.

mspart

It appears his right knee is injured.  And it appears it was injured before his match with Gadsen if that very large knee pad says anything.  
Does anyone know what kind of injury he sustained at Seniors?  I like that these guys want to wrestle but he didn't have to at this meet.  In retrospect, not a good decision.  But you have to wrestle to stay sharp.  Really sad.
mspart

Why would Snyder wrestle with an injured knee?

How does the injury "appear" before the bout with Gadsen?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

From the video I saw, he had a large cushioning type wrap on his right knee.  I assumed the injury happened before that particular bout with Gadsen.   Still wondering if anyone knows that the particular injury is.

mspart

Snyder appeared fine in the previous match against Woodley, and it looks like he hurt it at about the 2 minute mark in the Gadsen match.  The knee pad looks like a regular one, not a bulky knee brace like the ones that we've seen guys with injuries like Spencer Lee and Marinelli wearing.  I don't think they would have let him enter the tournament if he was hurt beforehand.

11 hours ago, de4856 said:

Any confirmation about this ? If Kyle needs  or has had surgery this will obviously put him out of action for weeks ? Months ? Tough news. 

JB came back from ankle surgery in 5 weeks and won the 2013 world gold without having been able to wrestle live or even drill hard during most of that time.  In my mind that is still the most impressive part of his legend.  Hopefully Snyder can be back on the mat for training by early 2021.

Edited by lu1979

So the above post about Kyle Snyder is from Wrestling TV, it’s a couple of days old, so I don’t know about any new information. 
As far as Jordan Burroughs goes, being able to earn a Bronze while recovering from a broken ankle, is just another example of his greatness. 

So the above post about Kyle Snyder is from Wrestling TV, it’s a couple of days old, so I don’t know about any new information. 
As far as Jordan Burroughs goes, being able to earn a Bronze while recovering from a broken ankle, is just another example of his greatness. 

Gold.

Rumor is that Snyder is undergoing an experimental Eastern European cold spray therapy 3x daily. I heard Big Pharma had great success in a recent trial at Russian nationals that had guys going from dead to rights (never able to walk again) and they were fully recovered within minutes of catching their breath. Can only imagine the boost Captain America will get

11 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Rumor is that Snyder is undergoing an experimental Eastern European cold spray therapy 3x daily. I heard Big Pharma had great success in a recent trial at Russian nationals that had guys going from dead to rights (never able to walk again) and they were fully recovered within minutes of catching their breath. Can only imagine the boost Captain America will get

This, 'cold spray therapy' has it's roots in European soccer and began with the, 'cold sponge therapy.'  A sponge soaked in freezing cold water then applied to players knee or ankle, etc after a, "knock."  The results saw almost all players injured, were back up and running full speed within a few moments after what appeared to be a devastating injury.  The professional leagues around the world adopted this therapy and then they also moved to the, 'cold spray therapy' which the Russian wrestlers soon adopted.                                                                                          The ingredients are unknown, but have been linked to the embryonic cells of the Chinstrap Penguin.

11 hours ago, Mphillips said:

This, 'cold spray therapy' has it's roots in European soccer and began with the, 'cold sponge therapy.'  A sponge soaked in freezing cold water then applied to players knee or ankle, etc after a, "knock."  The results saw almost all players injured, were back up and running full speed within a few moments after what appeared to be a devastating injury.  The professional leagues around the world adopted this therapy and then they also moved to the, 'cold spray therapy' which the Russian wrestlers soon adopted.                                                                                          The ingredients are unknown, but have been linked to the embryonic cells of the Chinstrap Penguin.

Did you see the joke as it whooshed over your head? Or should we stop play after a knock on to explain it you -_-